Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County (H) Match Thread 16:49 - Feb 20 with 24787 viewsHullDale

I normally share these without comment, but that really isn't a good interview.

Lots of problems, sounds like cliques in the dressing room, and Bentley seems like a broken man.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:18 - Feb 21 with 4247 viewsrich_dale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:11 - Feb 21 by joecooke

I would wager our U18 Keeper is an improvement on this fella.

Either way it's a ridiculous self-inflicted situation and it's exactly the same in midfield. We brought the Brierley and Adshead fiascos on ourselves and then Kelly gets injured in the warm up, leaving us with Toums and Keohane and no creativity.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:18 - Feb 21 with 4251 viewsDorkingDale

Commentator saying when it's not going for you, it's not going for you.....it's not been going for us all f***ing season mate!
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:27 - Feb 21 with 4076 viewsSheffield_dale

Toxic atmosphere?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:28 - Feb 21 with 4039 viewsDorkingDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:02 - Feb 21 by EllDale

What are the odds on the Stockport number eight scoring for them tonight?
Welcome back Callum Camps.

Sounds like he's been quiet tonight.....
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 21 with 3916 viewssince58

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:28 - Feb 21 by DorkingDale

Sounds like he's been quiet tonight.....

We can win this ⚽⚽⚽yeah.!!!
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:49 - Feb 21 with 3613 viewsTrev

Vanarama, vaaaaanarama
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:57 - Feb 21 with 3448 viewsRotherhamDale

That team selection was a joke. He does not have a clue what he's doing.

Possession with progression.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:00 - Feb 21 with 3334 viewsdingdangblue

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:57 - Feb 21 by RotherhamDale

That team selection was a joke. He does not have a clue what he's doing.

I'm sure Jim has his script ready. In the game till soft penalty. Individual error puts them 2-0 up. We hit the bar and post. Get a goal back. Fine margins. Blah.Blah.Blah.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 3233 viewsShun

Well, they tried at least, which is more than they’ve done most of the season. There was a clear gulf in quality though and 2-1 flattered us. Stockport were so far superior in every way it’s no surprise there might well be two leagues between us next season.

Mullarkey was the best Dale player, as he has been every game since he’s arrived. I do feel for him but at least we’ll have one of the best defenders in the league next season, unless he gets picked up somewhere else. I thought Taylor was doing well too until he went off.

It’s clear though that so many of our players aren’t Football League standard. Mellor looks like he’ll never make it. He runs a lot but that’s it. I’ve seen comparisons with Odoh, but he’s not as good on the ball as Odoh, he’s slower, and he’s much more lightweight.

Keohane just had his worst game in a Dale shirt. Diagouraga hopeless. The pair of them aren’t close to being FL standard anymore. And Eastwood I feel really sorry for at this point.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 3183 viewstony_roch975

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:00 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

I'm sure Jim has his script ready. In the game till soft penalty. Individual error puts them 2-0 up. We hit the bar and post. Get a goal back. Fine margins. Blah.Blah.Blah.

but they were fine margins tonight against a good Stockport side - back 3 had a good first half, especially Mullarkey who adds some driving energy going forward and Odoh who again proved the best tackler we have. Midfield tried hard despite being our weak link as ever and the front two had a couple of good moments - especially Rodney's drive that hit the bar. We're still a poor squad but we didn't deserve to lose.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 3078 viewsTrev

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 21 by tony_roch975

but they were fine margins tonight against a good Stockport side - back 3 had a good first half, especially Mullarkey who adds some driving energy going forward and Odoh who again proved the best tackler we have. Midfield tried hard despite being our weak link as ever and the front two had a couple of good moments - especially Rodney's drive that hit the bar. We're still a poor squad but we didn't deserve to lose.

Give away goals like that and you deserve to lose.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 2996 viewsjoecooke

We were under the cosh at times.We were unlucky with hitting the post and bar but that aside we created very little and looked lightweight all over the park.

A draw wouldnt have been travesty but it always seemed unlikely imo

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 2991 viewsRotherhamDale

Keohane's tackle to give the pen away was actually quite funny. Don't know how he had the cheek to argue

Possession with progression.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 21 with 2884 viewsrich_dale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:00 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

With the winning goal yet another error by one of his signings. Doesn't matter how much you huff and puff, if you gift two goals away then you're likely to lose. Also Bentley doesn't seem to realise that the majority of games that are won or lost are decided by one goal. 'Fine margins' - never in our favour.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 21 with 2840 views_Windydale

Dale looked alright first half. Some really good performances by a marauding mullarkey, avery busy lloydy and Odoh putting in some excellent tackles.

A poor defensive midfield pairing.though Jimmy has been average to poor all season. Easily turned and beaten for pace, no vision. Toumani looks spent now and ready for the knackers yard.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:25 - Feb 21 with 2802 viewsTrev

Yep, it's his job to turn these fine margins in our favour. His record is pathetic and there can be no more excuses.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:27 - Feb 21 with 2768 viewsDaleFan7

Not sure we watched the same game. Odoh gave away a foul nearly every time a Stockport player came near him. We didn't have a shot on target until the 84th minute with Lloyd's volley when we were already 2-0 down.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:51 - Feb 21 with 2528 viewsNorthernDale

I thought overall we played well, but five minutes of stupidity cost us, Keohane has been poor for a while, but he did not have to bring the man down, and some of his ball control was so bad, it was beyond poor. Odoh never took a man on and every time he got the ball, he passed it a yard sideways or back, he did not even try to beat a man. Please tell me why is Eastwood so slow to react, it is not the first time he has been caught at the near post.

I was surprised by the team selection like most fans, Kelly getting injured in the warm up did not help, but we improved when he brought Hendo and Campbell on, Hendo dropped deeper then normal, and used his footballing brain to get the team forward. Again why did Bentley wait to we were 2 down before he made the changes, why not create a reaction at 1-0, instead of waiting. I will praise the performance of Lloyd, who was unlucky not to score and Mullarkey, who tried to get forward and even had shots.

I would have given Mullarkey man of the match, at least he will probably make us some money in the summer.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:55 - Feb 21 with 2470 viewsBobbyjoe

Haven't seen too many games but I don't think the majority of the players are as irredeemably woeful as painted. The ship just seems utterly rudderless; the entire club just drifting aimlessly.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 21 with 2463 viewsHullDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:14 - Feb 21 with 2255 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 21 by HullDale

"teams have come from further behind than this".........really Jimbo?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:22 - Feb 21 with 2163 viewsTomRAFC

We defended well under pressure first half and put a good shift in. A lot can be made of us hitting the woodwork but they did the same. They also scored more goals.

Lloyd/Hendo/Dodgson/Mullarkey have proven they can play well, so when they do it's like a trick of the light. It makes it look like the team is playing well and we're just unfathomably unlucky. Sadly, we're just not very good at football.

It's harsh to criticise any manager for losing to Stockport/Orient etc but I'm happy to be harsh if there is even a glimmer of keeping Dale in the league.

Bye, Jim. Whether it be gardening leave, "mutual consent" or whatever needs be. Askey, Hill, somebody, please just give us a chance.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:24 - Feb 21 with 2137 viewsHullDale

That is a man who is expecting to be let go.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:26 - Feb 21 with 2113 viewsJimmyRustler

Mullarkey is awesome. He will surely be off in the Summer if there are any scouts worth their salt knocking about.

Lloyd will also go elsewhere as he is far too good for conference level.

I shudder to think what that leaves us with.

All I can think back to at the moment is that elderly chap at the fans do forum asking why Diagouraga doesn’t get more game time as “many people believe he is the best midfielder at the club”. Yes really.

Keohane has never been a midfielder and played his best for us in full back positions. But my god how he has regressed since his injury. That might be the worst midfield two I’ve seen tonight for us in the last ten years or so.

Mellor is no good and at least no better than Sinclair who we shipped out (word on the grapevine is he has put in some good performances out on loan).

Odoh is not a full back and any benefit he does bring to the team (which can be debated) is nullified when he plays there.

I think Dodgson will be a decent player in time but at the moment we are dragging him down to our level.

I refuse to comment on Eastwood anymore as I really do feel for the lad. I just hope his career and confidence isn’t irreparably damaged from this loan spell.

Ebanks-Landell is gash and for some reason, now thinks he’s Pirlo all of a sudden. This needs to stop, no matter what league we are in.

Taylor isn’t terrible and will improve with time.

I think there’s a player in Rodney. BUT, he needs to be played up front and central. It’s that simple.

Hendo will be fine in the conference but will be 39 if he stays next year. We will need to monitor that situation closely I feel.

I can’t even be arsed to go through the bench but I will say that I think Campbell might be the worst signing we have ever made considering how much we reportedly paid for him. I know the lad has been unlucky with injury but reading between the lines at the fans forum, his attitude isn’t the best and he moves in slow motion.

As an aside, standing in the Sandy is now becoming a chore with all the reprobates running riot
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:26 - Feb 21 with 2104 viewsdingdangblue

Just seen highlights. Awful from Keohane - gets turned so easily then drags him down by the arm. Not sure what Bentley is on about questioning it? 2nd goal doesn't look offside (according to Bentley it was). Just rank bad keeping from Eastwood. As for our goal it looks like Collar gets his hat trick and heads it into his own net?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024