Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread 16:46 - Feb 23 with 18498 viewsHullDale

Not the manager, not the assistant manager, not the team captain, not the club captain, not the vice captain.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 25 with 3714 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 25 by fourfourtwo

The fact we’ve not been able to win that game really does highlight how truly awful we are.

Granted, that was a much better performance than late, but yet again failure to take multiple golden opportunities has cost us.

Actually having a central midfielder capable of finding a pass makes a hell of a difference, imagine what might have been had he been involved for the last 3 months.

Whoever made that decision should be held to account.

There was no "decision", just a series of micro-decisions and errors that cumulatively led to his exclusion for a period of time that was vital to us

So there is no one individual who can be "held to account"

I'm sure you know that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:43 - Feb 25 with 3676 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

There was no "decision", just a series of micro-decisions and errors that cumulatively led to his exclusion for a period of time that was vital to us

I'm sure you know that

To the pathetic serial downvoter:

Haven't you got the guts to challenge me with words?

You see, it's alimentary, my dear Watson

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 25 with 3536 viewsfourfourtwo

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

I'm sure you know that

Are you well?

Somebody at the club, made the decision to send him to Sheffield United on trial at one of the most crucial periods of the season. Removing the most talented player we have during the ridiculously busy Christmas period.

Need I remind you, this isn’t an academy player, this is a first team squad member. Sent on trial. May I ask you to provide me with an example of another club doing this please?

If we needed to sell Brierely in January to bring players in, I have absolutely no issues with that.

Which ever idiot agreed to this trial should be sacked on the spot, today has clearly demonstrated how important he is.

I’m sure you know all this mind.

If you want an argument I’ll settle in for the night…
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:56]
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 25 with 3516 viewsKnavesmireBob

I enjoyed that today. Loads of the usual flaws but focusing on the positives I could watch Mullarkey all day long and Ethan will be nicely up to speed in a couple of games. After week upon week of pleasureless despair a dozen more opportunities to watch those two alone will feel like a win in itself.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 25 with 3454 viewsfitzochris

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 25 by KnavesmireBob

I enjoyed that today. Loads of the usual flaws but focusing on the positives I could watch Mullarkey all day long and Ethan will be nicely up to speed in a couple of games. After week upon week of pleasureless despair a dozen more opportunities to watch those two alone will feel like a win in itself.

It has to be said, in a season of woe, Mullarkey and Lloyd have been good acquisitions in terms of both attitude and ability. Had we managed to acquire Linney too, who already looks settled in the National League, we may have had half a chance of pulling clear of the drop. Our lack of finisher was cruelly exposed today.

Another positive is the impact Tyrese Sinclair seems to be having the level below. It looks almost certain that’s where we’ll be next season, so perhaps it’ll be the first case of one of these two-year deals actually working in our favour.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 25 with 3423 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 25 by fourfourtwo

Are you well?

Somebody at the club, made the decision to send him to Sheffield United on trial at one of the most crucial periods of the season. Removing the most talented player we have during the ridiculously busy Christmas period.

Need I remind you, this isn’t an academy player, this is a first team squad member. Sent on trial. May I ask you to provide me with an example of another club doing this please?

If we needed to sell Brierely in January to bring players in, I have absolutely no issues with that.

Which ever idiot agreed to this trial should be sacked on the spot, today has clearly demonstrated how important he is.

I’m sure you know all this mind.

If you want an argument I’ll settle in for the night…
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:56]

But for further errors by others, Brierley would now be a Blackburn player, and we'd have money in the bank - much needed money. Enough, perhaps to have allowed the Board the luxury of replacing the manager

I'm not interested in your downvotes, but i see the individual i referred to hasn't been able to muster a few words - so i congratulate you on having at least done that

I couldn't, however, give a shite what you do with your Saturday evening

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:05 - Feb 25 with 3414 viewsfourfourtwo

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

But for further errors by others, Brierley would now be a Blackburn player, and we'd have money in the bank - much needed money. Enough, perhaps to have allowed the Board the luxury of replacing the manager

I'm not interested in your downvotes, but i see the individual i referred to hasn't been able to muster a few words - so i congratulate you on having at least done that

I couldn't, however, give a shite what you do with your Saturday evening

“I’m not interested in your downvotes”

Yet clearly checking to see who downvotes your messages.

Brilliant.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 25 with 3352 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:05 - Feb 25 by fourfourtwo

“I’m not interested in your downvotes”

Yet clearly checking to see who downvotes your messages.

Brilliant.

I didn't need to check, the loser from Finland has form

Not brilliance, just intuition

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:08 - Feb 25 with 3330 viewsfrenzied

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 25 by KnavesmireBob

Well said M8..

Something positive to say rather than the never ending tedious mantra re the Manager and several of the players...

A well earned point.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 3306 viewsrichfoad32

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 25 by fitzochris

It has to be said, in a season of woe, Mullarkey and Lloyd have been good acquisitions in terms of both attitude and ability. Had we managed to acquire Linney too, who already looks settled in the National League, we may have had half a chance of pulling clear of the drop. Our lack of finisher was cruelly exposed today.

Another positive is the impact Tyrese Sinclair seems to be having the level below. It looks almost certain that’s where we’ll be next season, so perhaps it’ll be the first case of one of these two-year deals actually working in our favour.

Is it possible Alty have the option to sign him permanently though, as part of the Mullarkey deal?
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 3238 viewsfourfourtwo

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 25 by fitzochris

The problem Sinclair will have here is the amount of trolling he has received from Dale fans following his daft Social Media posts.

The “trust the process” posts have been thrown in his face multiple times, by posters on here too.

Doubt he will be overly interested in returning if he can escape.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:18 - Feb 25 with 3199 viewsfitzochris

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 25 by richfoad32

Is it possible Alty have the option to sign him permanently though, as part of the Mullarkey deal?

An interesting point that could well be correct, but it seems either way that it’s beneficial to us.

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 25 with 3174 viewsfitzochris

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 25 by fourfourtwo

The problem Sinclair will have here is the amount of trolling he has received from Dale fans following his daft Social Media posts.

The “trust the process” posts have been thrown in his face multiple times, by posters on here too.

My point was more that he is under contract. Stay and he can score goals. Leave and we benefit financially (or at least should).

From a football anorak perspective, I’d be interested to see what system Altrincham play. They’re clearly getting the best out of him.

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 3161 viewsfourfourtwo

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 25 by fitzochris

My point was more that he is under contract. Stay and he can score goals. Leave and we benefit financially (or at least should).

From a football anorak perspective, I’d be interested to see what system Altrincham play. They’re clearly getting the best out of him.

He never actually got much of a chance under Bentley other that the odd spell here and there.

He’s clearly shown that he’s capable of scoring goals and yet we loan him out and bring in Mellor? Who appears similar yet worse.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 3141 views442Dale

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 25 by fourfourtwo

There’s plenty of overreacting amongst fans at times, but if the responses weren’t abusive then not sure whether any player can be annoyed when fans engage with what they post.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:38 - Feb 25 with 3013 viewsNorthernDale

In respect to Sinclair, he always seem to make an effort and had some skill, which surprised me, that he was loaned out, perhaps it was part of the deal to sign Mullarkey, but sending out Sinclair on loan and then signing Mellor, who is not as good defy's logic.

What is incredible is despite being a very poor team, we are still in touch, I admit we are on life support, which shows how bad this division is this year. Brierley returning was a boost to the team and fans, but why does he persist with Odoh, he is not up to it. Again, I was surprised that Quigley did not start, but then his team selection sometimes baffles me. In our position is not better to play with three strikers Rodney, Quigley and Hendo, we have nothing to lose in our position. Also why is it, that ever manager seems to motivate the team at half-time, yet we seem to come out in the second half, in many games dispirited and disjointed, what does he say to them at half-time?
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:44 - Feb 25 with 2972 viewsDaleFan7

Sinclair always looked half decent to me, willing to stick his foot in and actually contributed with the odd goal. Was he the best player in the squad? Probably not. There's certainly a long list I'd have like to have seen the back of before him though.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:51 - Feb 25 with 2920 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 18:38 - Feb 25 by NorthernDale

In respect to Sinclair, he always seem to make an effort and had some skill, which surprised me, that he was loaned out, perhaps it was part of the deal to sign Mullarkey, but sending out Sinclair on loan and then signing Mellor, who is not as good defy's logic.

What is incredible is despite being a very poor team, we are still in touch, I admit we are on life support, which shows how bad this division is this year. Brierley returning was a boost to the team and fans, but why does he persist with Odoh, he is not up to it. Again, I was surprised that Quigley did not start, but then his team selection sometimes baffles me. In our position is not better to play with three strikers Rodney, Quigley and Hendo, we have nothing to lose in our position. Also why is it, that ever manager seems to motivate the team at half-time, yet we seem to come out in the second half, in many games dispirited and disjointed, what does he say to them at half-time?

It's usually one half or the other

Sometimes we start on the front foot like today, then fade after the interval

Other times, we start like a sack of rotting spuds then come out fighting second half

It's our lack of consistency - an inability to keep the initiative on the few occasions we've had it, that's contributed to our downfall (among many other things)

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 25 with 2480 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 17:16 - Feb 25 by kel

I’m told our bellend element are kicking off outside the ground. What’s happened to our support these last few years? We used to be so good at self policing but now we’re overrun with childish halfwits who haven’t a brain cell between them.

Myself and James1980 had a ringside view of it all, as around 30 teenagers from both sides cavorted in the road outside the railway station.

It really was embarrassing and a stain on both clubs; we've got a real issue if this lot aren't dealt with somehow.

Still, seeing some of them wincing and cowering in agony as the Crewe Constabulary wacked them with their truncheons and batons was amusing.

I also imagine the Saturday revellers in Piccadilly Gardens aren't too interested in the activities of someone called Morgan Gray, either.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 25 with 2411 viewsrich_dale

Just watched Bentley's interview - you'd think at some point he'd twig that the 'rub of the green' we always seem to be on the wrong side of is not actually anything to do with luck. No one's unlucky every single Saturday.
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 21:13 - Feb 25 with 2282 viewsEllDale

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 25 by TVOS1907

Myself and James1980 had a ringside view of it all, as around 30 teenagers from both sides cavorted in the road outside the railway station.

It really was embarrassing and a stain on both clubs; we've got a real issue if this lot aren't dealt with somehow.

Still, seeing some of them wincing and cowering in agony as the Crewe Constabulary wacked them with their truncheons and batons was amusing.

I also imagine the Saturday revellers in Piccadilly Gardens aren't too interested in the activities of someone called Morgan Gray, either.

If they’re part of the gang who inhabit the Sandy for home games they’re a bit like Frankenstein’s monster.
Created perhaps with decent intentions but now out of control. I stand in a completely different part of the terrace after 60 years of watching from more or less the same spot.
By the way, is anyone else fed up with hearing the Joey Thompson song?
Is that the only one they seemingly know?
Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 21:21 - Feb 25 with 2241 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 21:13 - Feb 25 by EllDale

If they’re part of the gang who inhabit the Sandy for home games they’re a bit like Frankenstein’s monster.
Created perhaps with decent intentions but now out of control. I stand in a completely different part of the terrace after 60 years of watching from more or less the same spot.

I'm not a Sandy Laner, but I believe it was them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 25 with 2040 viewsJames1980

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 21:13 - Feb 25 by EllDale

Surely now is the time for a 'singing section' to get behind the club they claim to support. Not sing embarrassing defeatist chants before the game has even started.

As for the wannabe 'firm'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 22:44 - Feb 25 with 1912 viewsDaleiLama

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 25 by rich_dale

Just watched Bentley's interview - you'd think at some point he'd twig that the 'rub of the green' we always seem to be on the wrong side of is not actually anything to do with luck. No one's unlucky every single Saturday.

As Gary Player said - the harder I practice, the luckier I get. And vice versa.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 23:02 - Feb 25 with 1843 viewsrich_dale

Crewe Alexandra (A) Match Thread on 22:44 - Feb 25 by DaleiLama

As Gary Player said - the harder I practice, the luckier I get. And vice versa.

Exactly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024