Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread 22:00 - Aug 16 with 45437 viewsKeithHaynes

Our very own RWC thread.

Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England will join 16 other nations as they compete for the ultimate prize in rugby – the Webb Ellis Cup – which was last won by the Springboks in 2019. The opening match of Rugby World Cup 2023 will see hosts France face three-time winners New Zealand on Friday 8th September. The final will take place seven weeks later on Saturday 28th October.

Click on the link to enlarge the fixtures.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:06 - Sep 25 with 2185 viewsshingle

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:27 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

Wales can get to the final then who knows.

Probably Ireland or New Zealand in the semis, hope its Ireland due to the way they play and all the pressure as favourites would be on them and i do not fancy us in the least against the All Blacks.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 18:07]
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:10 - Sep 25 with 2179 viewsshingle

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:28 - Sep 24 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly - Gats is the best.

Well done to all the players, what a fantastic team performance.

❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏉

Not as successful a coach as Eddie Jones mind you.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:18 - Sep 25 with 2153 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:06 - Sep 25 by shingle

Probably Ireland or New Zealand in the semis, hope its Ireland due to the way they play and all the pressure as favourites would be on them and i do not fancy us in the least against the All Blacks.

Agreed.
No matter what year it is what side they put out,the All Blicks always s few us .
It would be wonderful to beat Ireland.
We can and should believe we can

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Sep 25 with 2096 viewsFireboy2

More chance against the cheating AB, Ireland are the favourites imo, No weaknesses.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:08 - Sep 25 with 2038 viewsonehunglow

The All Blicks have a mintal advantage over us
Wish we had the paddies attitude of phuck em

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 1942 viewsKilkennyjack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:18 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

Agreed.
No matter what year it is what side they put out,the All Blicks always s few us .
It would be wonderful to beat Ireland.
We can and should believe we can

Discipline will be massive.

Beware of the Risen People

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:27 - Sep 26 with 1945 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:22 - Sep 26 by Kilkennyjack

Discipline will be massive.

The Irish are incredibly so.
Credit for that down to Farrell.
Wales could beat them however

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:18 - Sep 26 with 1909 viewsunion_jack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:27 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

The Irish are incredibly so.
Credit for that down to Farrell.
Wales could beat them however

Wales have better than evens chance of making the semis but it will end there.

I’ve shown how astute I am on this thread with my predictions so far so take my prediction whichever way you want😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:41 - Sep 26 with 1900 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:18 - Sep 26 by union_jack

Wales have better than evens chance of making the semis but it will end there.

I’ve shown how astute I am on this thread with my predictions so far so take my prediction whichever way you want😂

You’re the leader UJ.
We could beat the Irish IMO. But have to be as streetwise.
I have a feeling however The All Blicks are under the radar now and will be hurting bedly.

They’ve always “ cheated” as fire boy suggests

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:22 - Sep 30 with 1705 viewsRobbie

New Zealand 96 v Italy 17 tonight , but putting aside the hope of Wales doing well .

Seems there are serious gulfs in the standards during this Competition , it is as the name suggests The World Cup of Rugby , but only 3/4 teams can be contendenders from the start .

Italy , and so many other Nations waffle on about the learning curve , we will improve etc .
Need this standard to help our going forward plan .

Think the remark by the commentators on the recent Wales v Wallabies match mentioning Austrailian Rugby Union is falling down the go to sport on that Continent is not good .

On a similar theme , it looks as if the youngsters in the Caribbean / West Indies are now more in love with NFL and Baskekball than cricket , a loss to their cricket history .
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 1652 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:22 - Sep 30 by Robbie

New Zealand 96 v Italy 17 tonight , but putting aside the hope of Wales doing well .

Seems there are serious gulfs in the standards during this Competition , it is as the name suggests The World Cup of Rugby , but only 3/4 teams can be contendenders from the start .

Italy , and so many other Nations waffle on about the learning curve , we will improve etc .
Need this standard to help our going forward plan .

Think the remark by the commentators on the recent Wales v Wallabies match mentioning Austrailian Rugby Union is falling down the go to sport on that Continent is not good .

On a similar theme , it looks as if the youngsters in the Caribbean / West Indies are now more in love with NFL and Baskekball than cricket , a loss to their cricket history .

Either Italy rung the changes for the game cause they didn't expect to win or NZ were simply on a different rugby plant last night, they were awesome in that first half and after 10/15 mins into the that 2nd half.
Italy's resilience to keep going and to end up having the last word with their try right the end is commendable in fairness.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:42 - Sep 30 with 1641 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:35 - Sep 30 by max936

Either Italy rung the changes for the game cause they didn't expect to win or NZ were simply on a different rugby plant last night, they were awesome in that first half and after 10/15 mins into the that 2nd half.
Italy's resilience to keep going and to end up having the last word with their try right the end is commendable in fairness.

Morning Ste
Not a good watch that as a contist but anyone writing off the ABs is nuts.
I feel they will beat Orland ,then Wales then beat the Bokke ,which ,let’s face it,is a nice thought .

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:52 - Sep 30 with 1614 viewsTogg

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:42 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

Morning Ste
Not a good watch that as a contist but anyone writing off the ABs is nuts.
I feel they will beat Orland ,then Wales then beat the Bokke ,which ,let’s face it,is a nice thought .

I said earlier never write off the ABs but as a team they've always had the knack of obliterating Second Tier nations.
If Wales play them , they will beat us with a bit to spare.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:40 - Sep 30 with 1594 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:52 - Sep 30 by Togg

I said earlier never write off the ABs but as a team they've always had the knack of obliterating Second Tier nations.
If Wales play them , they will beat us with a bit to spare.

Morning Toggy.
Yep,we have a mintal issue when we play them.I can remember us getting very close but they find a way,often by cheating,eg,Andy Hayden’s line out dive out.
That said, I find South Africans ,at least the Afrikaners) totally insufferable .
I’m on a site purely to point out they have nothing to be arrogant or even proud about . If we d had a Rugby World Cup up,to the early 80s,they wouldn’t be in it alt all due to their isolation because of world wide revulsion at their social and political system of terror which their players gladly endorsed.The likes of Dawie de Villiers a classic example .

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:03 - Sep 30 with 1592 viewsunion_jack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:40 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

Morning Toggy.
Yep,we have a mintal issue when we play them.I can remember us getting very close but they find a way,often by cheating,eg,Andy Hayden’s line out dive out.
That said, I find South Africans ,at least the Afrikaners) totally insufferable .
I’m on a site purely to point out they have nothing to be arrogant or even proud about . If we d had a Rugby World Cup up,to the early 80s,they wouldn’t be in it alt all due to their isolation because of world wide revulsion at their social and political system of terror which their players gladly endorsed.The likes of Dawie de Villiers a classic example .

What site is that R?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:21 - Sep 30 with 1584 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:03 - Sep 30 by union_jack

What site is that R?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/south.africa.rugby.fans
Better still RU banter group is good

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:33 - Sep 30 with 1533 viewsmax936

Was watching the sweaties blasting Romania into obscurity, but I've given up on that now, luckily there's boxing on Sky Sports to watch.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:29 - Oct 1 with 1423 viewsmax936

Australia v Portugal wasn't a bad contest, Portugal played well, but just couldn't score the points their play probably deserved.

Ref made some odd decisions though.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:57 - Oct 1 with 1391 viewsmax936

Saffies v Tonga is a decent contest, fair play, there are some massive lumps on show to, with plenty of proper collision's

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:54 - Oct 1 with 1383 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:57 - Oct 1 by max936

Saffies v Tonga is a decent contest, fair play, there are some massive lumps on show to, with plenty of proper collision's

Cracking game that was fair play.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:00 - Oct 2 with 1273 viewstheloneranger

Wales v Georgia ...

Wales team:

15-Liam Williams, 14-Louis Rees Zammit, 13-George North, 12-Nick Tompkins, 11-Rio Dyer, 10-Gareth Anscombe, 9-Tomos Williams, 1-Gareth Thomas, 2-Dewi Lake (capt.), 3-Tomas Francis, 4-Will Rowlands, 5-Dafydd Jenkins, 6-Aaron Wainwright, 7-Tommy Reffell, 8-Taulupe Faletau

Replacements: 16-Elliot Dee, 17-Nicky Smith, 18-Henry Thomas, 19-Christ Tshiunza, 20-Taine Basham, 21-Gareth Davies, 22-Sam Costelow, 23-Mason Grady.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:50 - Oct 5 with 1080 viewsKeithHaynes

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:00 - Oct 2 by theloneranger

Wales v Georgia ...

Wales team:

15-Liam Williams, 14-Louis Rees Zammit, 13-George North, 12-Nick Tompkins, 11-Rio Dyer, 10-Gareth Anscombe, 9-Tomos Williams, 1-Gareth Thomas, 2-Dewi Lake (capt.), 3-Tomas Francis, 4-Will Rowlands, 5-Dafydd Jenkins, 6-Aaron Wainwright, 7-Tommy Reffell, 8-Taulupe Faletau

Replacements: 16-Elliot Dee, 17-Nicky Smith, 18-Henry Thomas, 19-Christ Tshiunza, 20-Taine Basham, 21-Gareth Davies, 22-Sam Costelow, 23-Mason Grady.

Biggar is looking good for a quarter final return. I like Anscombe an able replacement, Personally I would have given Zammit a rest, Or a bench place. He has been a revelation this world cup, game changer,

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:01 - Oct 5 with 1075 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:50 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Biggar is looking good for a quarter final return. I like Anscombe an able replacement, Personally I would have given Zammit a rest, Or a bench place. He has been a revelation this world cup, game changer,

10.44 for 100 metres.
Gorgeous too.
Love the lad

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:09 - Oct 7 with 936 viewsKeithHaynes

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:42 - Oct 7 with 861 viewsonehunglow

Faletau out with bust3d arm .
Worst possible

Bugger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024