Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread 15:33 - Jun 10 with 17624 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Magic asparagus is right.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/10/worlds-asparamancer-reveals-england-will-euros-go
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:04 - Jun 16 with 1607 viewslassel

Stating the bleeding obvious but the first half decent team in the knockouts sends England home - hell it might even be one of the 3rd place teams in the first knockout game who do it.
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:05 - Jun 16 with 1595 viewspaulparker

Kane needs to drop deeper than being so far up the pitch his range of passing his brilliant
The TAA experiment needs to stop as well he is not a midfielder
Letโ€™s see what happens against Denmark, Serbia are a horrible team to play against

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatโ€™s there thatโ€™s two, and thatโ€™s Bowles Brian Moore

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:05 - Jun 16 with 1599 viewsMalintabuk

I guess a win is a win.... and it often is a good thing to start slowly in a tournament.... and not lose.
But agree with most and have never hidden the fact that I'm not impressed with Southgate as a tactical manager
The left side is a real worry absolutely nothing down that side...must give Eze a chance doen there surely
Guess we have to look at the positive the first 20 odd mins..... Bellingham Rice Guรฉhi and Saka in the first half had decent games
Stones also Marshalled the defence well
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:05 - Jun 16 with 1588 viewsGloucs_R

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:59 - Jun 16 by perpignanR

We must have 200 free kicks and did fuxk all with them.

That's not right...

We passed it back 198 times...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:06 - Jun 16 with 1579 viewsMatch82

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:59 - Jun 16 by perpignanR

We must have 200 free kicks and did fuxk all with them.

I had the same thought. Can't remember the last game I watched which had a team win as many free kicks in the middle third of the pitch. Grealish maybe could have won some a little closer to the box.
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:06 - Jun 16 with 1574 viewsted_hendrix

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:01 - Jun 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Or Eze. Foden was appalling.

I can't understand why, whenever I've seen him playing for his club he has been superb, tonight I thought he was way off of his game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 16 with 1502 viewsLazyFan

After Englands goal, around 25 mins the Serbia manager moved the Wingbacks higher to outnumber England in the middle and control the game.

It worked as TAA became totally exposed, not knowing whether to go or stay. He stayed, and then Bellingham was on his own. Bellingham is so good that he can take the ball and turn away from two players, so it was not as noticeable until the game wore on. Hence, in the first half, Guรฉhi had a 100% completion rate, but not in the second when he had few options as a pass out.

Luckily, both of England's fullbacks were excellent, especially in the air; remember, this Serb team's average height is over 6 feet. Which is why the Kane long ball did not work as often as it usually does, as Serbia are more capable in the air. Rice was excellent as well. Saka faded in the second half, and Foden was very poor.

Bowen came on and showed that if you give Kane service, he will hit the target. I suspect Southgash will play Gallagher instead of TTA against the Danes as we cannot have TTA standing off their middle and letting them control the game.

zzzzzzzzzz

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:11 - Jun 16 with 1484 viewsLowerloftLad

How can you have so many class players who want the ball to feet and then play 45mins of pumping the ball 60 feet into the air?.

Complete bore fest,yes we won but Southgate will be beaten on tactics again later down the line.
[Post edited 16 Jun 22:13]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:14 - Jun 16 with 1446 viewsSnipper

Gareth Southgate is like a Lada mechanic in charge of a fleet of Rolls Royceโ€™s.
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:15 - Jun 16 with 1424 viewsHAYESBOY

Well that was uninspiring.

We are nowhere near winning this tournament.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:23 - Jun 16 with 1343 viewsHayesender

That 2nd half was very underwhelming.

Trent is not a midfielder.

Someone give Foden a man City top.

Jude Bellingham is a modern day Bryan Robson. Different gravy this lad.

The rest need to improve

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:25 - Jun 16 with 1339 viewsBlackCrowe

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:23 - Jun 16 by Hayesender

That 2nd half was very underwhelming.

Trent is not a midfielder.

Someone give Foden a man City top.

Jude Bellingham is a modern day Bryan Robson. Different gravy this lad.

The rest need to improve

I don't think they do...they need a system that they can flourish in, rather than one of survival.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:30 - Jun 16 with 1296 viewsdaveB

England were fine, played probably the 2nd best team in the group and won, onto the next one

Plenty to improve on, Foden again really poor and needs to deliver at some point for England, is in purely on reputation at the moment. Guehi was excellent at the back, Rice played well and Bellingham is a different level
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:32 - Jun 16 with 1291 viewsdaveB

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:05 - Jun 16 by paulparker

Kane needs to drop deeper than being so far up the pitch his range of passing his brilliant
The TAA experiment needs to stop as well he is not a midfielder
Letโ€™s see what happens against Denmark, Serbia are a horrible team to play against

I thought Trent did OK, I'd like to see Wharton in there but probably too soon for him. Of the players we have he's the best option at the moment, may be different come the knockouts
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:32 - Jun 16 with 1288 viewsNed_Kennedys

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:25 - Jun 16 by BlackCrowe

I don't think they do...they need a system that they can flourish in, rather than one of survival.

God knows how uninspiring Southgateโ€™s half time team talk mustโ€™ve been: along the lines of โ€œcareful now: donโ€™t take risks ladsโ€ and โ€œwe hold what we haveโ€
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:34 - Jun 16 with 1277 viewsdaveB

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:25 - Jun 16 by BlackCrowe

What system do they want then? Foden given freedom to play where he wants first half, same with Bellingham. There are no shackles on here they just didn't play well
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:51 - Jun 16 with 1182 viewsLblock

That went almost exactly as I expected

Uninspiring and one paced, easily outgunned in midfield and the lowest scoring game so far in the tournament
First decent team with anything like a decent midfield and strikeforce and we are gone like a long summer drink.

I hovered on backing 0-0 but went Bellingham at 17/2 so for that Iโ€™m happy.
This is an extremely poorly balanced squad with Safegate giving it all the bravery bollox but shoe horning RWBโ€™s into centre mid and not hooking players clearly struggling and sticking with just because theyโ€™re big household names in England

Weโ€™ll qualify now which is a bit more than I expected but thatโ€™ll be that

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:51 - Jun 16 with 1178 viewsdavman

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 20:33 - Jun 16 by rbee

Excellent passing goal.

Bellingham a red card waiting to happen

Disagree on Bellingham. Ten times the temperament than Beckham or Rooney had. Knows when the reel it in and to handle being kicked. Did nothing wrong when chest pumping that Serbian - no raised hands, no violent conduct.

The one shining light out there tonight. I am a big fan of both Kane and Rice, but both were really, really poor tonight. Guehi had a good first half but suffered in the second when he was put under pressure. Trippier and Walker OK, TTA poor aside from a couple of quality passes. Foden anonymous, Saka started well but faded badly. Special shout out to Pickford - I think he is an underrated 'keeper and was excellent when called on today.

Boring Southgate though - yes, its important not to lose your first game, but 1-0 up against Serbia and to finish the game with Rice, Mainoo and Gallagher sitting in, inviting pressure was poor. As Marti says, you need to go for that second to kill the game - not doing so has caught Southgate out on more than one occasion in his time as England Manager.

Got to keep reminding ourselves that the team that starts well rarely wins major tournaments and we need to do a hell of a lot of growing into this one from that start...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:53 - Jun 16 with 1169 viewsdavman

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:56 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Shit but still won.

Sign of a good side.

Flat track bullies.

Survive by sh**housing against the lesser teams, then crumble after going 1-0 up against the big boys.

Its England; its what we do!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:12 - Jun 16 with 1095 viewsJamesB1979

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 16 by LazyFan

After Englands goal, around 25 mins the Serbia manager moved the Wingbacks higher to outnumber England in the middle and control the game.

It worked as TAA became totally exposed, not knowing whether to go or stay. He stayed, and then Bellingham was on his own. Bellingham is so good that he can take the ball and turn away from two players, so it was not as noticeable until the game wore on. Hence, in the first half, Guรฉhi had a 100% completion rate, but not in the second when he had few options as a pass out.

Luckily, both of England's fullbacks were excellent, especially in the air; remember, this Serb team's average height is over 6 feet. Which is why the Kane long ball did not work as often as it usually does, as Serbia are more capable in the air. Rice was excellent as well. Saka faded in the second half, and Foden was very poor.

Bowen came on and showed that if you give Kane service, he will hit the target. I suspect Southgash will play Gallagher instead of TTA against the Danes as we cannot have TTA standing off their middle and letting them control the game.

Sorry meant to upvote and ended doing both. Completely agree on TAA. Please can we just play players in their positions for their clubs
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:16 - Jun 16 with 1087 viewsbosh67

Well now the dust has settled I thought the defence played well. Bellingham is different class. Saka was excellent first half. I really didn't know where Fodin was meant to be playing and nor did Foden. Trent-Arnold didn't quite click. Kane was isolated until he dropped deeper. We dropped way too deep second half.

But, defensively I thought we were well organised but that left flank is a worry.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:20 - Jun 16 with 1075 viewsdaveB

England pre Southgate never won opening game of the Euros. 2 wins out of 2 under him, fella knows how to mange tournaments
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:16 - Jun 17 with 955 viewsSydneyRs

Were Argentina fans this pessimistic after losing their first world cup game against Saudi Arabia?

Awkward team to play against and I've never seen anyone start a tournament on fire and continue like that until the end. 3 points in the first group game is always a great outcome and especially when nobody else in the group gets a win.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2:25]
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:37 - Jun 17 with 927 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Am I the only one who thought Serbia were excellent?

Weโ€™ll be unlucky to play another team that intense in this tournament.
Serbia ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 01:33 - Jun 17 with 863 viewsPunteR

I missed the first half hour, but saw Bellingham boss it. 2nd half i thought he disappeared amongst all the other 11 players behind the ball. Foden is the new Raheem Sterling.
Walker, Rice, and Bowen when he came on looked decent.
Serbia were the better team from what i saw , but they lost.

Standard England.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024