Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever QPR friendlies 19:24 - Jun 26 with 5012 viewsqueensparker

Noticed some murmurs about why nobody’s buying tickets to the QPR Spurs friendly.

There’s a few reasons - summer holidays, price - but the main reason is obviously that pre-season friendlies are always shite and a waste of money.

Still, there’s the odd exception:

That one where we beat Man U 4-1 under Warburton
Leroy Griffiths v Chelsea
The Brentford away one where we debuted Massimo Mauro, never to be seen again
Our European trophy win in Ibiza

Any more stick in the memory?

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:27 - Jun 26 with 3197 viewsHayesender

The 3-1 Chelsea one was a funny day, as you can see from my profile pic

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:34 - Jun 26 with 3133 viewsnumptydumpty

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:27 - Jun 26 by Hayesender

I was at the Man Utd one.

It ended up 4-2. United got a late goal but at 4 - 1 and after Moses got a worldie and Dykes looked a player and I was predicting a play off promotion push after that and man Utd did have a few first teamers on the pitch.

Seen some random ones - away at Aldershot and away at Windsor and my dads mate was the chairman there - not that meant much !!!!

I would be interested in the Spurs game if only to see Son play although not sure he will.

Always good to see an international top class player,.

Decent friendlies though but friendlies they are !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 3070 viewsHayesender

Away to Hibernian 95, we had a right back playing but I had no idea who he was after drinking a shed load of alcohol on the sleeper train up to Edinburgh. Comes over to take a throw so I asked him who he was.

"Andy mate" in a broad Australian accent. Welcome Andy McDermott 😀

Best ever QPR friendlies on 20:02 - Jun 26 with 3028 viewsqpr_1968

my first 2 friendlies against qpr were both scottish teams, plenty of action, plenty of goals.
1968/69....qpr 6-3 arbroath

1969/70.....qpr 3-3 glasgow rangers, marsh got sent off.

i went to a pre season friendly round about this era, a home game against leicester, got to the ground only to be told it was postponed. don't think it ever got under way later either.
think i even bought a programme for this as well, i'll have to dig it out.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Best ever QPR friendlies on 20:51 - Jun 26 with 2835 viewsLanhoop

I don’t think you can go along thinking you are going to see anything special. I just enjoy the afternoon out, see a little football, maybe clock a new signing and sit in the sun for a couple of hours. Expecting any more than that is a bit daft.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:22 - Jun 26 with 2729 viewsActonExile

Great day, i have a picture as well from the Sunday People but no idea how to upload it.;)

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:24 - Jun 26 with 2718 viewsActonExile

@Hayesender, what about Margate away, walking across the halfway line during the 2nd half and then pretending to take penalties in their goal.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:27 - Jun 26 with 2688 viewsHayesender

Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:24 - Jun 26 by ActonExile

@Hayesender, what about Margate away, walking across the halfway line during the 2nd half and then pretending to take penalties in their goal.

Oh God yeah. Those blokes were gonna kill us, so we stood behind Vic and his mates for protection

Login to get fewer ads

Best ever QPR friendlies on 23:41 - Jun 26 with 2524 viewsnumptydumpty

Best ever QPR friendlies on 20:02 - Jun 26 by qpr_1968

my first 2 friendlies against qpr were both scottish teams, plenty of action, plenty of goals.
1968/69....qpr 6-3 arbroath

1969/70.....qpr 3-3 glasgow rangers, marsh got sent off.

i went to a pre season friendly round about this era, a home game against leicester, got to the ground only to be told it was postponed. don't think it ever got under way later either.
think i even bought a programme for this as well, i'll have to dig it out.

Marsh sent off in a "friendly"

Do you remember what he did.

Quite amazing get marching orders in effectively a training session. Or stupid.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Best ever QPR friendlies on 23:50 - Jun 26 with 2515 viewsextratimeR

If it was the Glasgow Rangers game, I think Rodney had had enough of being kicked up in the air, so the next Glasgow player who tried to he just grabbed a fist full of his hair and through him over the touchline.

No sense of humour those Glasgow lads.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 09:10 - Jun 27 with 2177 viewsNed_Kennedys

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:34 - Jun 26 by numptydumpty

I was at the Man Utd one.

It ended up 4-2. United got a late goal but at 4 - 1 and after Moses got a worldie and Dykes looked a player and I was predicting a play off promotion push after that and man Utd did have a few first teamers on the pitch.

Seen some random ones - away at Aldershot and away at Windsor and my dads mate was the chairman there - not that meant much !!!!

I would be interested in the Spurs game if only to see Son play although not sure he will.

Always good to see an international top class player,.

Decent friendlies though but friendlies they are !!!

Yeah I was at the Windsor game: nice day out.

QPR Reserves/U-21 won 2-1 at Windsor. QPR's team: QPR: Reece Crowther, Joe Ostler, Zesh Rehman (Lee Brown, 60), Josh Ford (Ryan Myers, 65), Chris Barker, Romone Rose, Danny Maguire, Matt O'Brien, Chris Arthur (Christian Nanetti, 80), Chris Flood, Danny Nardiello.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 2065 viewsMarshy67

July 2000.
Brentford 0 QPR 2.
The first sighting of Peter Crouch.
Although he didn't score-Stuart Wardley and Richard Langley-Pete became an instant hit with the R's supporters chanting SIGN HIM UP! SIGN HIM UP!
Gerry Francis did just that.
The only bright spot in what turned out to be a disastrous season.
Crouchy Rangers top scorer with 12 goals.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 2053 viewspaulparker

A 2-2 against Spurs around 99 I think was a decent game for a friendly , i do seem to remember digging out Ginola about getting his hair cut the face he gave me was a classic it was like someone had dangled a turd in front of his nose

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best ever QPR friendlies on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 1995 viewsCateLeBonR

I always remember the Massimo Mauro Brentford game for the singing but think it was a crap game. Also the Odubajo Man Utd goal while still on trial with us.

Edit - the Man Utd one is also memorable because I tested positive for COVID a few days later.
[Post edited 27 Jun 16:37]
Best ever QPR friendlies on 11:07 - Jun 27 with 1905 viewsTheChef

China.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Best ever QPR friendlies on 11:13 - Jun 27 with 1876 viewsJuzzie

Most are forgettable but I couldn't go to the Man U one so the Chelsea 3-1 back in 2001 is the best for me. The thing is, Chelsea actually did try and win and with a strong team too but just couldn't handle us.
[Post edited 27 Jun 11:19]
Best ever QPR friendlies on 11:44 - Jun 27 with 1782 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I enjoyed the Chievo Verona one (I think it was them, they had a big angry bastard upfront, international player looked like he'd fit into the Dirlewanger Brigade.) I think I went to the Celtic one where I saw those shit half scarves for the first time.

All the small ones have been a bit meh, lets have a beer.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Best ever QPR friendlies on 11:47 - Jun 27 with 1769 viewsloftus77

Best ever QPR friendlies on 11:07 - Jun 27 by TheChef

China.

Ah yes. Must be. The Great Brawl.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 13:22 - Jun 27 with 1628 viewsJimmyR

Jamaica national team
Best ever QPR friendlies on 13:26 - Jun 27 with 1615 viewsjoe90

Islamic Republic of Iran.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 13:37 - Jun 27 with 1581 viewsstowmarketrange

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:27 - Jun 26 by Hayesender

That game was even better as my daughter got picked as mascot for the day and we all got free tickets.The one and only time my Mrs came to a game with me.
She said she was embarrassed by my antics at the final whistle towards the chelshite fans around us.
It was also embarrassing for me too as I saw Marcus Bignot walking down the stairs before the game and I promptly told my family who it was.When he got to the bottom of the stairs he said out loud,”I’m Clarke Carlisle actually.”
It rarely gets mentioned now,only once a week now by the Mrs.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:09 - Jun 27 with 1480 viewsHayesender

Best ever QPR friendlies on 13:37 - Jun 27 by stowmarketrange

That game was even better as my daughter got picked as mascot for the day and we all got free tickets.The one and only time my Mrs came to a game with me.
She said she was embarrassed by my antics at the final whistle towards the chelshite fans around us.
It was also embarrassing for me too as I saw Marcus Bignot walking down the stairs before the game and I promptly told my family who it was.When he got to the bottom of the stairs he said out loud,”I’m Clarke Carlisle actually.”
It rarely gets mentioned now,only once a week now by the Mrs.

That Marcus Bignot story reminds me of the time I saw Freddie Starr in Richmond one night after I'd had a few. I made a (in my head) a hilarious joke about hamsters, only for Freddie Starr to tell me while laughing, he was actually Bobby Davro

Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:14 - Jun 27 with 1451 viewsDesertBoot

I know we lost but the home friendly versus Celtic was memorable for seeing Henrik Larsson
run across the pitch to say a "well done" to Terrell Forbes when Forbes was subbed.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:28 - Jun 27 with 1380 viewsmikeygunn

Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:14 - Jun 27 by DesertBoot

I know we lost but the home friendly versus Celtic was memorable for seeing Henrik Larsson
run across the pitch to say a "well done" to Terrell Forbes when Forbes was subbed.

I can’t remember Larsson playing in that game? Might have been Agathe? He was a tricky winger who might have been on that side.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:30 - Jun 27 with 1365 viewskingshill

Union Berlin away.
Outside the ground having a few beers in blazing sunshine, then once in the ground the heavens opened and the game was abandoned after 12 minutes.
DJ played loads of rain themed songs then when it stopped us and a few others ended up walking to some real dodgy place in East Berlin called the Hangover bar for a few hours.
Top away day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024