Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's done is done 23:40 - Mar 6 with 4096 viewsNotEyreClue

There are many reasons why we are where we are now - it's not just down to one player/game/tactic/manager. With everybody around us tonight doing a job, League 2 football looks a very realistic possiblity next season (not that it didn't before tonight).

Now isn't the time to point fingers, it's the time to start afresh and consider this the beginning of the end of our season. Whatever happens from now, let's just put all our energy in supporting the team. If we do go down, we go down and have the right man at the helm to give us a good chance of success next season.

Whilst I'm as gutted as anyone to see us rock bottom and in massive danger, we have to put the past behind us now. Let's wipe the slate clean and hope the players show us what they're going to offer the squad next season.

We have some very important fixtures coming up, get behind the players and let's hope we can give it one last good go starting with the game at home to Oldham (Huddersfield looks very ominous at present). I really hope we at least make a fist of it, I'd hate nothing more than to go down with a whimper.

Believe

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

What's done is done on 23:58 - Mar 6 with 3384 viewssweetcorn

I blame Grimes, Joey T and Trotman.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What's done is done on 00:17 - Mar 7 with 3346 viewsDaley_Lama

Quite right.

Grimes for being our top scorer.

Joey T for being Joey T, ie the eternal scapegoat.

As much as i like this board, i will always remember the srick Matt Gilkes got on here.

Poll: DF in or out

What's done is done on 04:10 - Mar 7 with 3292 viewsfrenzied

10 points from the last 10 games is poor...only Exeter with 9 and Tranmere with 5 have got less,Yeovil flying with 18 along with Walsall with 17,scunny and Chesterfield with 15, Wycombe with 12 .

I can see Yeovil and Scunny pulling away leaving us at best with a bottom 5 or 6 scramble to the line..the 3 home games coming up will seal our fate.
What's done is done on 05:21 - Mar 7 with 3279 viewsD_Alien

Well, NotEyreClue, that just about takes the biscuit

It's not that long since I was imploring you to do exactly what you've suggested in your OP - put the past behind us, stop pointing fingers, all pull together, etc - but all you could do was "try" to slag me off at great length for not wanting to give our chairman a massive thumbs down for not appointing an experienced manager at the start of the season

What I (and many others) could see then, you think you've suddenly discovered now? Well f*cking done mate, you hypocrite.

Will we see some mealy-mouthed bollocks from you about why you've suddenly grown a brain where previously none existed? Don't bother - you've been rumbled.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What's done is done on 05:58 - Mar 7 with 3273 viewssweetcorn

What's done is done on 05:21 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

It's not that long since I was imploring you to do exactly what you've suggested in your OP - put the past behind us, stop pointing fingers, all pull together, etc - but all you could do was "try" to slag me off at great length for not wanting to give our chairman a massive thumbs down for not appointing an experienced manager at the start of the season

What I (and many others) could see then, you think you've suddenly discovered now? Well f*cking done mate, you hypocrite.

Will we see some mealy-mouthed bollocks from you about why you've suddenly grown a brain where previously none existed? Don't bother - you've been rumbled.

Woah, sorry bigman.

NotEyreClue was right to give the chairman the thumbs down on appointing Eyre, it's one thing which still grates me to this day, the chairman has made alot of errors this season, however has made a good appointment also, albeit a bit late. Eyre was never a sensible appointment, why not go for coleman in the summer he ticked all the boxes, instead we try to pull a quick one and hope lightning strikes twice with another youth team coach, but it didn't.

However i now agree with what NotEyreClue is saying, in that the time has now come to forgive and forget, because we've virtually been relegated now and are 75% likely we will be seeing league two football, so yes the wounds are healing a little now, i'm sure he's not the only one who feels like this. So please, get off your high horse.

What's done is done on 09:59 - Mar 7 with 3122 viewsD_Alien

What's done is done on 05:58 - Mar 7 by sweetcorn

Woah, sorry bigman.

NotEyreClue was right to give the chairman the thumbs down on appointing Eyre, it's one thing which still grates me to this day, the chairman has made alot of errors this season, however has made a good appointment also, albeit a bit late. Eyre was never a sensible appointment, why not go for coleman in the summer he ticked all the boxes, instead we try to pull a quick one and hope lightning strikes twice with another youth team coach, but it didn't.

However i now agree with what NotEyreClue is saying, in that the time has now come to forgive and forget, because we've virtually been relegated now and are 75% likely we will be seeing league two football, so yes the wounds are healing a little now, i'm sure he's not the only one who feels like this. So please, get off your high horse.

No horse at all here, smallman

Everyone pretty much feels the same, including CD himself - probably more so. What I objected to was the vilification of him when - even at that stage (it was around the time when Eyre was dismissed) - anyone with any real understanding knew what had gone wrong, and that it was time to move on and pull together even then

So, think again, and I'd advise anyone else to do the same, before starting slagging off Chris Dunphy, and me for simply pointing out that it's a waste of breath, just as it was back then.

What's done is done on 10:30 - Mar 7 with 3066 viewsNIGELdale

hello new to the site feel sorry for john coleman its going to be very difficult to stay up now i wonder if he;s regretting coming to the dale we need a massive clearout in the summer
What's done is done on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 3055 viewsTVOS1907

What's done is done on 10:30 - Mar 7 by NIGELdale

hello new to the site feel sorry for john coleman its going to be very difficult to stay up now i wonder if he;s regretting coming to the dale we need a massive clearout in the summer

Why would he regret coming to Spotland?

He knew the task at hand when he took the job.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

What's done is done on 10:44 - Mar 7 with 3043 viewsNIGELdale

What's done is done on 10:35 - Mar 7 by TVOS1907

Why would he regret coming to Spotland?

He knew the task at hand when he took the job.

sorry he does know the task at hand good to see players hopefully coming this week striker possibly another winger lets get behind them at huddersfield
What's done is done on 13:43 - Mar 7 with 2880 viewsNotEyreClue

What's done is done on 05:21 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

I started this thread because for me this is the most important time in the club's history. If we don't get 3 wins from our next 3 home games then we're down, simple really (that may not even be enough). I also started it because I'm sick of people blaming one or two players for where we are now - everyone underperformed early on the in the season and so I felt this was needed.

What you were doing wasn't suggesting that we all pull together, you were absolving our chairman of all the blame. If you have such a fantastic memory, I'm sure you'll remember many others had the same opinion that I had about the appointment of Eyre and I haven't/won't change that opinion. Whilst there are a number of reasons for what's gone on, Eyre and his appointment are clearly the biggest reason why we're where we are now - you have to be an idiot to not see that. I offered my opinion and you tried shouting me down and suggesting that because I think differently to you, I'm unwilling to move on and pull together with the rest of the fans...it'd be great to know how you come to that conclusion.

The irony of the whole situation is that you've decided to launch a personal attack against me on a thread where I've suggested we all pull together, not to mention the fact that you come across as someone who is in their advanced years and yet shows an alarming degree of immaturity in your posts.

I don't have to explain myself to anyone, nor do I have to apologise for my opinion. This is a public forum and whilst you may feel you're fairly high up within the ranks of the Internet Police, your contribution means as much exactly the same as anyone elses on this board. The fact that you've jumped on your high horse so quickly is laughable. The funniest part about your post for me though has to be the comment about me being a 'hyprocite'. Ironically, by posting what you just posted, you've done exactly what you claim has made me a 'hyprocrite'.

You quite clearly have a problem with me so I urge you to put me on your ignore list. I won't be shouted down by anyone, especially not someone with an 'I'm holier than thou' attitude.

What's done is done on 14:04 - Mar 7 with 2848 viewsjudd

It's not so much the appointment of Eyre that disappointed me, rather the procrastination in relieving him of his duties.

October was the proving month in terms of fixtuers. It became a disaster. That is when he should have gone,the stay of execution beyond the Bradford cup game was too much.

Poll: What is it to be then?

What's done is done on 17:09 - Mar 7 with 2719 viewsD_Alien

What's done is done on 13:43 - Mar 7 by NotEyreClue

I started this thread because for me this is the most important time in the club's history. If we don't get 3 wins from our next 3 home games then we're down, simple really (that may not even be enough). I also started it because I'm sick of people blaming one or two players for where we are now - everyone underperformed early on the in the season and so I felt this was needed.

What you were doing wasn't suggesting that we all pull together, you were absolving our chairman of all the blame. If you have such a fantastic memory, I'm sure you'll remember many others had the same opinion that I had about the appointment of Eyre and I haven't/won't change that opinion. Whilst there are a number of reasons for what's gone on, Eyre and his appointment are clearly the biggest reason why we're where we are now - you have to be an idiot to not see that. I offered my opinion and you tried shouting me down and suggesting that because I think differently to you, I'm unwilling to move on and pull together with the rest of the fans...it'd be great to know how you come to that conclusion.

The irony of the whole situation is that you've decided to launch a personal attack against me on a thread where I've suggested we all pull together, not to mention the fact that you come across as someone who is in their advanced years and yet shows an alarming degree of immaturity in your posts.

I don't have to explain myself to anyone, nor do I have to apologise for my opinion. This is a public forum and whilst you may feel you're fairly high up within the ranks of the Internet Police, your contribution means as much exactly the same as anyone elses on this board. The fact that you've jumped on your high horse so quickly is laughable. The funniest part about your post for me though has to be the comment about me being a 'hyprocite'. Ironically, by posting what you just posted, you've done exactly what you claim has made me a 'hyprocrite'.

You quite clearly have a problem with me so I urge you to put me on your ignore list. I won't be shouted down by anyone, especially not someone with an 'I'm holier than thou' attitude.

As I predicted, mealy-mouthed bollocks

And yes, that's a personal attack - just like you attacked our chairman, with the benefit of hindsight

See how it feels? Don't like it? Then don't vilify someone who's done more for the club than you could in 30 lifetimes. I've finished now.

What's done is done on 17:11 - Mar 7 with 2711 viewssweetcorn

What's done is done on 17:09 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

And yes, that's a personal attack - just like you attacked our chairman, with the benefit of hindsight

See how it feels? Don't like it? Then don't vilify someone who's done more for the club than you could in 30 lifetimes. I've finished now.

Awww how cute, D-alien is butthurt over comments about chris dunphy. You need a tissue?

What's done is done on 17:20 - Mar 7 with 2698 viewsD_Alien

What's done is done on 17:11 - Mar 7 by sweetcorn

Awww how cute, D-alien is butthurt over comments about chris dunphy. You need a tissue?

So, are you NEC's minder, sidekick, or what?

Be your own man, sweetcorn

What's done is done on 17:51 - Mar 7 with 2664 viewsfrenzied

Chris Dunphy took a risk with Eyre...but it was done with the best of intentions...he is still the best man to have in that position and im sure come the end of the season he will have the gumption to hold his hands up to his error.
There were plenty coming on this forum when Eyre was appointed hailing the new king with his city connections but the fella had no idea of the standard of player we needed to stay in this division or the tactical know how during games.
Nice bloke im sure but not good enough for Dale..the consequences of which are a sure fire relegation unless JC can pull something out of the air now ,unfortunately we are in a position where our destiny lies with others most of whom are getting wins which we are lacking.

We aint down yet and until we are lets keep getting behind the players to the very end
What's done is done on 18:42 - Mar 7 with 2618 viewsNotEyreClue

What's done is done on 17:09 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Unfortunately for you I haven't finished. Quite predictable that you'd choose to ignore what I wrote, just shows the measure of the kind of 'man' that you are.

I think you need to look up the term 'personal attack' whilst you're at it as well because as far as I'm aware stating your opinion and giving your view isn't a personal attack. Are we not allowed to criticise those in a position of power if they get something wrong? I was also against the decision when it was taken so your argument about hindsight doesn't wash with me either. As I've said, many agreed with what I put but you chose to go after me simply because you didn't get your own way - sad and immature.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me, least of all somebody like you who clearly has some sort of axe to grind.

Oh and whilst you're at it, look up the term vilify too (your favourite word) because I think you'll find that whilst I did criticise Dunphy's decision, I did so in an appropriate manner. You were the one who started the immature name calling and personal abuse when you realised I wasn't going to be shouted down by you.

What's done is done on 22:37 - Mar 7 with 2533 viewsSalwaDale

What's done is done on 17:51 - Mar 7 by frenzied

Chris Dunphy took a risk with Eyre...but it was done with the best of intentions...he is still the best man to have in that position and im sure come the end of the season he will have the gumption to hold his hands up to his error.
There were plenty coming on this forum when Eyre was appointed hailing the new king with his city connections but the fella had no idea of the standard of player we needed to stay in this division or the tactical know how during games.
Nice bloke im sure but not good enough for Dale..the consequences of which are a sure fire relegation unless JC can pull something out of the air now ,unfortunately we are in a position where our destiny lies with others most of whom are getting wins which we are lacking.

We aint down yet and until we are lets keep getting behind the players to the very end

Nail - Head

TBBT

What's done is done on 23:05 - Mar 7 with 2521 viewsmiddale

What's done is done on 22:37 - Mar 7 by SalwaDale

Nail - Head

And linking to the title of the thread, the lack of Matt Done or a similar unpredictable attacking threat is another major factor explaining where we are.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

What's done is done on 00:46 - Mar 8 with 2490 viewsmizfit

D_Alien you are a grade A tool, every thread you appear to get into an argument with someone and it comes across that you are an older bloke who thinks just because he has followed the club a bit longer that your view counts double than that of anyone else. this messageboard is here for opinions and you attack those who disagree with you, if thats the case then get off here as you dont understand the concept of what a messageboard is actually here for
What's done is done on 01:32 - Mar 8 with 2478 viewsShun

What's done is done on 00:46 - Mar 8 by mizfit

D_Alien you are a grade A tool, every thread you appear to get into an argument with someone and it comes across that you are an older bloke who thinks just because he has followed the club a bit longer that your view counts double than that of anyone else. this messageboard is here for opinions and you attack those who disagree with you, if thats the case then get off here as you dont understand the concept of what a messageboard is actually here for

Let's be honest mizfit, you're a bit of a dick. As for you D_Alien, keep it up. Your posts are welcomed.
What's done is done on 01:38 - Mar 8 with 2475 viewsDorkingDale

What's done is done on 13:43 - Mar 7 by NotEyreClue

Sorry haven't read past first part of post. Abs bollocks - most critical time in Club's history??!! Do you know nothing about Fred Radcliffe putting on best away directors' buffet lunch in Div 4/re-election/game at Torquay last match of season. We're in seventh heaven by comparison. Get real.
What's done is done on 07:43 - Mar 8 with 2442 viewsTalkingSutty

What's done is done on 01:38 - Mar 8 by DorkingDale

Sorry haven't read past first part of post. Abs bollocks - most critical time in Club's history??!! Do you know nothing about Fred Radcliffe putting on best away directors' buffet lunch in Div 4/re-election/game at Torquay last match of season. We're in seventh heaven by comparison. Get real.

Exactly DD, well said. Anybody would think our current predicament is the end of the world as we know it. Its not a nice situation to be in staring relegation in the face, but thats all it is "relegation". I have even heard some wussies bleating about not coming to games if we go back in league two, good riddance to them thats what i say, i could never turn my back on the Dale.

This is nothing compared to years ago, when volunters turned up on Sunday mornings to maintain the stadium (lol),when we carried blankets around the pitch collecting money to pay the players wages and what about those who have trapsed to Halifax and Accrington to raise funds. Those are the real fans.

Darkness descends when the clubs very existence hangs by a thread, the days of re-election when we didnt have a pott to piss in was a gut wrenching time. So if it is back to league two then we rebuild and go again, bring on the start of August thats what i say !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
What's done is done on 08:10 - Mar 8 with 2433 viewsJumeirahDale

What's done is done on 07:43 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

Exactly DD, well said. Anybody would think our current predicament is the end of the world as we know it. Its not a nice situation to be in staring relegation in the face, but thats all it is "relegation". I have even heard some wussies bleating about not coming to games if we go back in league two, good riddance to them thats what i say, i could never turn my back on the Dale.

This is nothing compared to years ago, when volunters turned up on Sunday mornings to maintain the stadium (lol),when we carried blankets around the pitch collecting money to pay the players wages and what about those who have trapsed to Halifax and Accrington to raise funds. Those are the real fans.

Darkness descends when the clubs very existence hangs by a thread, the days of re-election when we didnt have a pott to piss in was a gut wrenching time. So if it is back to league two then we rebuild and go again, bring on the start of August thats what i say !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Spot on TS.

Under Dunphy's stewardship we have enjoyed the club's best days, that is without a doubt. But we knew when we mounted our promotion push that League 1 would be difficult, and that it would only take the odd well-meaning but incorrect decision somewhere along the line to see us back down.

Football is fooked - we get good managers, they get nicked by Barnsley. We produce the finest talents our club has ever seen and they get nicked by Premiership clubs to warm the bench for a year or two before inevitable ending up at a club slightly better than us, who will pay ten times our wages, go bust and pay 10p in the pound a year down the line and still be a division above us. It's how the sport works these days, and unfortunately we get the furry end of the lollipop and are forced into making decisions such as the appointment of Steve Eyre. CD isn't psychic (unlike some on here, who obviously knew when Eyre was appointed that the sky was falling in - I remember reading so many threads on here about it, honest). However, relegation from League 1 is so far from being the most critical period in the club's history. That much is laughable!

If you had told me five years ago that our continued efforts would see a promotion, but that we'd be relegated after two years then I'd be disappointed - but would I still do the journey again? Any day of the week.
What's done is done on 10:13 - Mar 8 with 2395 viewsTalkingSutty

What's done is done on 08:10 - Mar 8 by JumeirahDale

Spot on TS.

Under Dunphy's stewardship we have enjoyed the club's best days, that is without a doubt. But we knew when we mounted our promotion push that League 1 would be difficult, and that it would only take the odd well-meaning but incorrect decision somewhere along the line to see us back down.

Football is fooked - we get good managers, they get nicked by Barnsley. We produce the finest talents our club has ever seen and they get nicked by Premiership clubs to warm the bench for a year or two before inevitable ending up at a club slightly better than us, who will pay ten times our wages, go bust and pay 10p in the pound a year down the line and still be a division above us. It's how the sport works these days, and unfortunately we get the furry end of the lollipop and are forced into making decisions such as the appointment of Steve Eyre. CD isn't psychic (unlike some on here, who obviously knew when Eyre was appointed that the sky was falling in - I remember reading so many threads on here about it, honest). However, relegation from League 1 is so far from being the most critical period in the club's history. That much is laughable!

If you had told me five years ago that our continued efforts would see a promotion, but that we'd be relegated after two years then I'd be disappointed - but would I still do the journey again? Any day of the week.

Well said, wallowing in self pity doesnt do anybody any good and neither does finger pointing. When SE was announced as the new manager i dont remember any criticism on this forum, it was a bold gamble in the same mould of the Hill appointment and everybody accepted that.

Hindsights a great think but to try to use the Chairman as a scapegoat is bad form. If CD ever decided to stand down i shudder to think who would step into his shoes.
What's done is done on 10:27 - Mar 8 with 2389 viewsjudd

I see the dug out issue has been conveniently sweeped under the carpet.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024