Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training cancelled tomorrow 22:45 - Dec 9 with 32687 viewsMightyScouse

John Coleman has been summoned by the chairman and board of directors to a meeting, tomorrow morning. Training has been cancelled. Hopefully the end for Sunday League Manager Coleman and his no-mark number 2 - Bell.
Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:57 - Dec 9 with 2359 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:50 - Dec 9 by Shun

If, as it seems, the Dubai rumour is true, why are the board waiting till now to act? If it's a sackable offence now then it was then too. Perhaps Brierls is right and they were searching for a replacement.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Time to get the appropriate proof...take legal advice...find a replacement...

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:04 - Dec 10 with 2299 viewsjoecooke

If, as it seems, the Dubai rumour is true, why are the board waiting till now to act? If it's a sackable offence now then it was then too. Perhaps Brierls is right and they were searching for a replacement.

Micky mellon,surely we can make some good chants with that to work with!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:04 - Dec 10 with 2299 viewspl56

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:26 - Dec 9 by maybee

Wasn't going to comment on any of this, but, from what little I know, there seems to be some truth in these new "revelations".

What is very obvious to me, is that there are two issues here... the holiday in Dubai is one issue, whilst the awful form at home, and stories of infighting/arguments/picking favourites etc. is totally seperate, although both are upsetting and annoying to supporters.

I would imaging that, if there is a Board meeting with Coleman tomorrow, it will be focussing on what I believe is a charge of
gross misconduct...i.e going on holiday during the season without having permission from the Board. If guilty, Coleman will almost certainly be sacked on the spot.

If he did go to Dubai, and did not get permission, and is not sacked, then he will forever hold the "whip hand" when dealing with the Board, who will appear very weak to outsiders, and they could well lose much of the remaining respect that supporters have for them as custodians of the club.

Of course, this is all speculation, but should the Board find that Coleman is indeed guilty of gross misconduct, then he would not be entitled to any compensation, which would suit us very nicely from a financial point of view.

Without the Dubai trip, I honestly don't think that any action would be taken to address our alarming home form by the Board....this gives them a perfect opportunity to act if they want to.

All conjecture though... might be nothing whatsoever in the news , but I very much doubt it.

I have to say , having read the threads on here recently , we have seemed like a club out of control . The evidence , for me , has been a Board increasingly isolated from fans , a manager pursuing his own transfer policy without controls from the Board , a fractured dressing room , disintegrating form , a dreadful disciplinary record , and this latest suggestion of a manager who shows total disrespect for his employers .

If half of these impressions are true , its not before time the Board started to reassert their role as strategic guardians of the club , and I , for one , will be glad to see some leadership from them .

Tomorrow could herald interesting times .
Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:14 - Dec 10 with 2246 viewsmizfit

Coleman kicked my dog
Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:15 - Dec 10 with 2230 viewsjoecooke

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:57 - Dec 9 by Albert_Whitehurst

Time to get the appropriate proof...take legal advice...find a replacement...

Theres no way that Mr Kilpatrick would have allowed this under his watch,up to you Mr Dunphy.

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:17 - Dec 10 with 2209 viewsRalphs12

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:14 - Dec 10 by mizfit

Coleman kicked my dog

Are you kerpal?
Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:19 - Dec 10 with 2190 viewsBeefCurtain

Well if we're doing this...

Jimmy Bell stole my nephew's happy meal and we suspect that the Hot Wheels racer that it contained was the one he was missing from his collection. Outrageous.

Not sure if any of you know this but John Coleman used to work at Odeon and I definitely saw him grozzing in my slush puppy a few years back...horrendous behaviour.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:19 - Dec 10 with 2195 viewsmizfit

Him and cavanagh came out of stadium holding hands and my dog barked at cavs so Coleman ran over and booted him for having a go at cavs
Login to get fewer ads

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:26 - Dec 10 with 2154 viewsjoecooke

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:04 - Dec 10 by pl56

I have to say , having read the threads on here recently , we have seemed like a club out of control . The evidence , for me , has been a Board increasingly isolated from fans , a manager pursuing his own transfer policy without controls from the Board , a fractured dressing room , disintegrating form , a dreadful disciplinary record , and this latest suggestion of a manager who shows total disrespect for his employers .

If half of these impressions are true , its not before time the Board started to reassert their role as strategic guardians of the club , and I , for one , will be glad to see some leadership from them .

Tomorrow could herald interesting times .

Thank god the eighties are back!

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:27 - Dec 10 with 2147 viewsAtThePeake

As I said on another thread:

I sat in the press box for the home fixture with Fleetwood Town and heard and saw first hand exactly the type of person Micky Mellon was. He made Coleman look mild-mannered.

And as for 4-4-2, he did last season, but had spent most of this season playing 4-5-1. As he did in the league game at Spotland.

Tangled up in blue.

Training cancelled tomorrow on 00:35 - Dec 10 with 2092 viewsRotherhamDale

Mental. Absolutely mental.

Possession with progression.

Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:00 - Dec 10 with 1883 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:26 - Dec 9 by maybee

Wasn't going to comment on any of this, but, from what little I know, there seems to be some truth in these new "revelations".

What is very obvious to me, is that there are two issues here... the holiday in Dubai is one issue, whilst the awful form at home, and stories of infighting/arguments/picking favourites etc. is totally seperate, although both are upsetting and annoying to supporters.

I would imaging that, if there is a Board meeting with Coleman tomorrow, it will be focussing on what I believe is a charge of
gross misconduct...i.e going on holiday during the season without having permission from the Board. If guilty, Coleman will almost certainly be sacked on the spot.

If he did go to Dubai, and did not get permission, and is not sacked, then he will forever hold the "whip hand" when dealing with the Board, who will appear very weak to outsiders, and they could well lose much of the remaining respect that supporters have for them as custodians of the club.

Of course, this is all speculation, but should the Board find that Coleman is indeed guilty of gross misconduct, then he would not be entitled to any compensation, which would suit us very nicely from a financial point of view.

Without the Dubai trip, I honestly don't think that any action would be taken to address our alarming home form by the Board....this gives them a perfect opportunity to act if they want to.

All conjecture though... might be nothing whatsoever in the news , but I very much doubt it.

The farse of a pre-season where about 2 of our players had managed 90 minutes before the Barnsley game.

The disregard for fans travelling to the Southport game to watch a bunch of reseves and trialists.

The disrespect for the owners of the hotels we stay in.

The on-field shenanigans and petulance.

Plus the blatant lie around his holiday (if true) should have had the alarm bells ringing just how unprofessional this guy is!

God I hope by lunch time today we can start to become 'The Dale' again!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:08 - Dec 10 with 1863 viewsSuddenLad

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:16 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

B side: Chips in a hut.

Alan Knill is just getting in his car, heading for Spotland Stadium.

You heard it here first.............................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:12 - Dec 10 with 1848 viewsColDale

Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:08 - Dec 10 by SuddenLad

Alan Knill is just getting in his car, heading for Spotland Stadium.

You heard it here first.............................

I rate Knill as a manager but given the issues at Scunny between him and Grant, is that a road we want to go down?
Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:13 - Dec 10 with 1844 viewsRalphs12

Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:12 - Dec 10 by ColDale

I rate Knill as a manager but given the issues at Scunny between him and Grant, is that a road we want to go down?

His name is similar to hill, could work.
Training cancelled tomorrow on 08:46 - Dec 10 with 1768 viewsfitzochris

If all of this is true, and it's a big if at the minute, I fear for the future of this season. We have a team of players that are, essentially, Coleman's. They may not take to a new man coming in and, likewise, the new man may not want them at the club.

This means more upheaval and we are a small club with a limited budget for such things.

Of course, if JC has been jetting off to Dubai instead of training players, taking cash off them to get the day off, offering fans out in the car park etc, as has been alleged, he has to go.

A tough one for Dunphy, is this.

However, if this is bollox, a certain troublemaker needs to be weeded out and disciplined. We're all disenfranchised enough without this added disharmony.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Training cancelled tomorrow on 09:07 - Dec 10 with 1708 viewspaulscho

What date did we Sack Steve Eyre last year ??? I reckon we cant be far of the same date ....Spooky

livinginadalewonderland

Training cancelled tomorrow on 09:25 - Dec 10 with 1633 viewsJumeirahDale

Training cancelled tomorrow on 23:36 - Dec 9 by lurker

It is at least nice to know that Dubai is nice this time of year

You're not bloody wrong there.
Training cancelled tomorrow on 09:56 - Dec 10 with 1537 viewswimborne_dale

Why wait till now? Could it be because (IF its all true) the board took time to decide what action to take rather than just leap to a conclusion and deliver a knee jerk reaction? Sometimes the best decisdions are made after a period of careful reflection and weighing up the options.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 1517 viewsfitzochris

Training cancelled tomorrow on 09:56 - Dec 10 by wimborne_dale

Why wait till now? Could it be because (IF its all true) the board took time to decide what action to take rather than just leap to a conclusion and deliver a knee jerk reaction? Sometimes the best decisdions are made after a period of careful reflection and weighing up the options.

Or they may have been gathering evidence?

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 1493 viewsfitzochris

According to Peter Cavanagh on Twitter, training is on this morning.

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 1492 viewswimborne_dale

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:00 - Dec 10 by fitzochris

Or they may have been gathering evidence?

Good point!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:04 - Dec 10 with 1490 viewsjfmolyneux

Peter Cavanagh just tweeted:

@petercav81: Nice fresh morning. Time for some training . Have a nice day

So is this all bollocks after all? I've not heard anyone with any proof that any of this is true!
Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:04 - Dec 10 with 1483 viewsToffeemanc

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:03 - Dec 10 by fitzochris

According to Peter Cavanagh on Twitter, training is on this morning.

Any mention who is taking the training session?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:05 - Dec 10 with 1467 viewsfitzochris

Training cancelled tomorrow on 10:04 - Dec 10 by Toffeemanc

Any mention who is taking the training session?

None.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024