Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good incentive by the club. 11:27 - Dec 9 with 7587 viewsTomRAFC

"non-season ticket holders who attend Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two encounter against Fleetwood Town will receive a priority voucher for the Leeds United game at the turnstiles".

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/facup-leeds-update-1224229.aspx

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Good incentive by the club. on 17:48 - Dec 9 with 1697 viewsBobbyjoe

This game sells itself, and I would guess that everyone who wants one will get a ticket, so the voucher at the Fleetwood game is pretty pointless. Only If and when we ever draw Utd., City etc will priority for tickets become an issue. Can there even be one person out there who wanted to attend a game of football at Spotland, ever, but couldn't get a ticket?
Good incentive by the club. on 17:56 - Dec 9 with 1682 viewsjudd

But we have drawn Utd.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Good incentive by the club. on 17:56 - Dec 9 with 1682 views442Dale

Good incentive by the club. on 17:48 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

This game sells itself, and I would guess that everyone who wants one will get a ticket, so the voucher at the Fleetwood game is pretty pointless. Only If and when we ever draw Utd., City etc will priority for tickets become an issue. Can there even be one person out there who wanted to attend a game of football at Spotland, ever, but couldn't get a ticket?

Point missed.

The vouchers mean that extra fans may attend on Saturday so that they get priority to when they go on open sale. It's a safety net some fans will appreciate - see this thread. Also it gives the ticket office a better chance at dealing with sales on a staggered basis. Yes, everyone should get a ticket, but it's about making it as painless as possible and hopefully creating interest in the games ahead of Leeds.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good incentive by the club. on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 1644 viewsfermin

Good incentive by the club. on 16:16 - Dec 9 by Daley_Lama

The clarity that windowsbug is looking for is as follows, I think.

There will be 3 time windows of ticket sales.

1. Season ticket holders only (all season ticket holders)
2. Voucher holders
3. General Sale

The clarity he wants is that there will be no over-lap of these 3 windows.

For example, if there was an overlap of periods 1 & 2 then 2,000 voucher holders could snap up standing tickets in the Sandy and leave windowsbug wanting

The club could put tickets up for sale to season ticket holders and voucher holders at the same time but guarantee the seats of season ticket holders by simply not selling those seats to voucher holders.

For standing people however this is not possible so the only way this can be guaranteed is by having exclusive sales periods.

I wouldn't be worried either way to be honest, 5,000 to see us promoted (passim ad infinitum) and I would be very surprised if we got a full house. Times are hard as they say.

Unless it's on TV of course, everybody loves a TV game.

I would have thought 1 and 2 would overlap at some point eg season ticket holders only on Saturday, voucher holders and season ticket holders from Sunday to a particular deadline. It is easy to restrict sales of specific seats to those not occupied by season ticket holders and equally easy to restrict sales of terrace tickets to voucher holders to the capacity of the Sandy less the number of Sandy season tickets. After the deadline for both they go on open sale.

Hopefully the voucher will ask for some kind of contact details to help the club boost their database.

I also hope it will be possible for season ticket holders to get Leeds tickets on Saturday as that will be my last visit before the Cup game itself.
Good incentive by the club. on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 1643 viewsD_Alien

Good incentive by the club. on 16:00 - Dec 9 by Mass_Debater

The answer to your question is yes. That's one of the incentives of having a s/t, whether it's for standing or sitting.

I think what the story is meaning is that if you have a seat season ticket and want to sit in your normal place, you will get the chance to do this before that seat goes on open sale.

The same restriction doesn't need to apply to standing, unless you have a particular piece of terrace you want to occupy!

In both cases, all season ticket holders will be first in the queue for buying tickets.

"In both cases, all season ticket holders will be first in the queue for buying tickets"

That doesn't seem possible to me? Are all 1250 ST holders meant to stand abreast (as it were) in the queue, so they're all equally first?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good incentive by the club. on 18:26 - Dec 9 with 1634 viewsBobbyjoe

Good incentive by the club. on 17:56 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Point missed.

The vouchers mean that extra fans may attend on Saturday so that they get priority to when they go on open sale. It's a safety net some fans will appreciate - see this thread. Also it gives the ticket office a better chance at dealing with sales on a staggered basis. Yes, everyone should get a ticket, but it's about making it as painless as possible and hopefully creating interest in the games ahead of Leeds.

The vouchers will be more of an incentive for tykes, I shouldn't wonder. They're the ones who'll struggle for tickets. Beware of faraway people with strange-sounding accents on Saturday!
Good incentive by the club. on 18:29 - Dec 9 with 1627 viewsD_Alien

Good incentive by the club. on 18:26 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

The vouchers will be more of an incentive for tykes, I shouldn't wonder. They're the ones who'll struggle for tickets. Beware of faraway people with strange-sounding accents on Saturday!

Always thought the Fleetwood accent sounded a bit fishy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good incentive by the club. on 19:07 - Dec 9 with 1578 viewsSuddenLad

Not since Dick Kerr's Ladies appeared at Spotland, with 'several hundred locked out'. My Grandad was one of the unlucky ones to be 'locked out'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick,_Kerr's_Ladies_F.C.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Good incentive by the club. on 19:12 - Dec 9 with 1562 views442Dale

Good incentive by the club. on 18:26 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Er, without the vouchers they could just turn up when they go on open sale. And as Leeds are at Doncaster on Saturday, not too many are going to bother paying to come and watch us.

If Leeds fans want to attempt to get tickets for the home end, they will. It's up to the club to combat this when they go on open sale. It's a completely different subject to vouchers anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good incentive by the club. on 19:25 - Dec 9 with 1535 viewsTVOS1907

Yes, everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

The trick here is to make Joe Public think otherwise, thereby benefitting the club for the three league games beforehand.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good incentive by the club. on 19:26 - Dec 9 with 1531 viewsBobbyjoe

Good incentive by the club. on 19:12 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Er, without the vouchers they could just turn up when they go on open sale. And as Leeds are at Doncaster on Saturday, not too many are going to bother paying to come and watch us.

If Leeds fans want to attempt to get tickets for the home end, they will. It's up to the club to combat this when they go on open sale. It's a completely different subject to vouchers anyway.

They couldn't get tickets, because they didn't get the voucher from Donny's last home game. Won't be making that mistake again!
Good incentive by the club. on 19:30 - Dec 9 with 1515 viewsRalphs12

Good incentive by the club. on 19:12 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Any idea if I could buy Leeds end tickets from the club? My dads mrs is a Leeds fan and lives over here so would like not have to travel to Leeds to get a ticket.

Probably best if I just go and find out, but worth a shout.
Good incentive by the club. on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 1490 viewsBobbyjoe

Good incentive by the club. on 19:25 - Dec 9 by TVOS1907

Yes, everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

The trick here is to make Joe Public think otherwise, thereby benefitting the club for the three league games beforehand.

Joe's not going to be too impressed if he reads this!
Good incentive by the club. on 20:06 - Dec 9 with 1461 viewsTVOS1907

Good incentive by the club. on 19:44 - Dec 9 by Bobbyjoe

Joe's not going to be too impressed if he reads this!

He needs a voucher to do that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good incentive by the club. on 20:11 - Dec 9 with 1452 viewsmikehunt

And I think a season ticket holder who wants a voucher should get one. At least that would be some advantage to holding a ST.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Good incentive by the club. on 20:31 - Dec 9 with 1423 viewsoff2div1

Good incentive by the club. on 12:17 - Dec 9 by robbowood

Can't you see that season ticket holders already have vouchers (numbered A to H) at the back of the season ticket book and one of these will be used to get a ticket for the Leeds game

So anybody with a season ticket won't need to get a voucher when you enter the ground for the Fleetwood game on Saturday !!!!

Any season ticket holders won't need,should not get a token,us paying at the turnstiles don't get all the perks of a season ticket holder and us poor folk can't lay out 2-300 quid in advance like the middle class supporters
Good incentive by the club. on 23:15 - Dec 9 with 1365 viewsShun

Good incentive by the club. on 15:10 - Dec 9 by DorsetDale

Hope your last sentence is correct! There's at least 4 of us down here looking forward to the game.

On a side note, I live almost 300 miles from Dale but I try to attend most games within a 100-150 mile radius. Does that make me less loyal than those that pick and choose home games and never go away?

And yes, I also know of those that live equally as far away and get to most games, I can't afford to!

I can't believe the furore over this. If any Dale fan wants to buy a ticket and is left sans one then I will eat my own season ticket.

(Course, then I'll be buggered if we beat Leeds and get another big team in the next round where I really do need my priority voucher!)
Good incentive by the club. on 23:36 - Dec 9 with 1341 viewsdingdangblue

Good incentive by the club. on 16:28 - Dec 9 by aleanddale

Any home fan that wants a ticket will be fine.

Season Ticket holders first dibs ( sandy / main or TDS )

Then voucher holders from Sat.

Then there should be a deal where you can buy one FULL price if you buy Mansfied and Bristol Rovers at a special price - IMO.

regardless we will all be fine can anybody really see any more than 6000 home fans?

Leeds will sell out 3200 i am sure of that. If there are more than 9200 in Spotland i will be happy but amazed.

Just after Christmas and all that........

There were 9100 for the Coventry game and we were rubbish back then. With the added alure of us not having had a 3rd round Fa Cup game since then and it being against Leeds Utd hopefully there will be a lot of fans coming out of the woodwork. Also as said in another post our next few league games will have a bearing - win them and go back top of the league and we could be looking at a full house.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Good incentive by the club. on 00:45 - Dec 10 with 1316 viewsNerazzurri

Good incentive by the club. on 19:30 - Dec 9 by Ralphs12

Any idea if I could buy Leeds end tickets from the club? My dads mrs is a Leeds fan and lives over here so would like not have to travel to Leeds to get a ticket.

Probably best if I just go and find out, but worth a shout.

Doubt it, Leeds away tickets rarely go on general sale, they will be snapped up by season ticket holders most likely.

Forza Nerazzurri

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024