Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turning point 16:51 - Aug 9 with 4092 viewsolympicdale

George donnellys miss one on one...simples

Less said about their time wasting the better...oy vey

Life is a game of fate.

Turning point on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 2992 viewsrichfoad32

Bobby Grant not in the Blackpool squad despite them only having 4 on the bench......he injured again?? I know he's not popular with everyone but at least he knows where the net is and I just can't see where the goals will come from this season. Donnelly is not up to it.
Turning point on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 2879 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I thought them going one up was a turning point.
Turning point on 17:23 - Aug 9 with 2806 viewsboromat

All positive for me that game. It could have gone either way and we didn't look out of place against one of the leagues better teams. We had more possession, shots, corners and committed less fouls. Yes we didn't manage to turn them chances into goals and we need a goalscorer but there are still goals in this team. They were also very physical and it didn't suit us but we did a reasonable job of coping with it.

Onwards and upwards.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Turning point on 17:24 - Aug 9 with 2782 viewsTalkingSutty

Turning point on 17:16 - Aug 9 by Albert_Whitehurst

I thought them going one up was a turning point.

Very good performance today.We all know we have very little quality up front and today it showed,a pity because the rest of the the team suffer when there is no end product.
Tanser was outstanding today and showed maturity and composure far beyond his years.
Turning point on 17:28 - Aug 9 with 2728 viewsShun

Feeling relatively positive to say we've just lost. I thought we were the better side for most of the game but looked slightly toothless when it mattered. It's a testament to our play that Peterborough had to resort to their embarrassing time-wasting. I'm glad the 4th official did something about it because the referee wasn't going to! A major plus point today was our fitness levels, an area where we were streets ahead of our opposition and an area that'll prove invaluable this season.

That's the first I've seen of Tanser and I thought he was excellent and a worthy MOM. My other candidate would've been Done. I hope he stays in that position just behind the forward. Bunney also impressed in his 20 or so minutes.
Turning point on 17:30 - Aug 9 with 2698 viewsDaley_Lama

Woohoo, we are back in League 1.

Cynically professional opposition, 8 minutes time aded on for time-wasting is pretty impressive.

The goal was soft, very soft. Posh had shown a few times in the first half that they were keen to take quick free-kicks, throw ins, etc. The lack of cynical professionalism in our team to go and stand on the ball and stop them doing so was our undoing. Not my place to be mad but I know a manager who will be about the way that was conceeded.

Was very impressed with their captain Payne (8), quality defensive midfielder. Mendez-whatever looked a cut above as well.

For us, very very impressed with Tanser, haven't seen him in pre-season so first viewing for me.

It's League 1, quicker, faster, stronger, 'orribler. Really enjoyed today despite the result.

Poll: DF in or out

Turning point on 17:31 - Aug 9 with 2684 viewsR17ALE

Turning point on 17:24 - Aug 9 by TalkingSutty

Very good performance today.We all know we have very little quality up front and today it showed,a pity because the rest of the the team suffer when there is no end product.
Tanser was outstanding today and showed maturity and composure far beyond his years.

Fully agree on Tanser. Deserved MOM.

Overall, I was encouraged today. I remember watching our first game in the 2010-11 season v unfancied Hartlepool. They were a class above us that day even though we sneaked a 0-0 draw.

Today, we were up against one of the division's bigger guns, and matched them all over the park, apart from one sloppy moment when we conceded a weak goal.

But we are a good striker short though. Donnelly's 1 on 1 ended up with play resuming with a Peterborough throw in! In golfing terms that is the equivalent of having a putt, and then needing a wedge for your next shot! Let's hope Muldoon is the man!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Turning point on 17:38 - Aug 9 with 2617 views442Dale

Turning point on 17:28 - Aug 9 by Shun

Feeling relatively positive to say we've just lost. I thought we were the better side for most of the game but looked slightly toothless when it mattered. It's a testament to our play that Peterborough had to resort to their embarrassing time-wasting. I'm glad the 4th official did something about it because the referee wasn't going to! A major plus point today was our fitness levels, an area where we were streets ahead of our opposition and an area that'll prove invaluable this season.

That's the first I've seen of Tanser and I thought he was excellent and a worthy MOM. My other candidate would've been Done. I hope he stays in that position just behind the forward. Bunney also impressed in his 20 or so minutes.

Done suits that role much better in this division it seems. Lund played well after an indifferent pre-season and the formation worked really well in the first half as we caused them a few problems with our interplay. Problem was we never really looked that threatening because all Donnelly offers is effort.

Don't want this to turn into a massive thread about him, but he's the elephant in the room. Especially after showing little in the friendlies to deserve a start. Didn't get his head up at all when he broke clear, he was always going to shoot despite the position and his body shape being all wrong to take it on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Turning point on 17:39 - Aug 9 with 2608 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I thought Matt Done was a very close 2nd for MOTM today.
Turning point on 17:44 - Aug 9 with 2564 viewsD_Alien

Can only agree with most of the above.

Donnelly's failure to convert a gilt-edged chance followed a superb piece of composure, skill and pass by Tanser - what a prospect this lad is!

Lillis kept us in the game first 15-20 minutes but then we showed we had something to hit them back with through Bennett's shot and good play by Done and Hendo. It was pleasing to see us knocking the ball around and but for the lack of someone to hold the ball up front we'd have edged it.

Seems like the 4th officials may have been instructed to allow more added time for time-wasting? Last season that'd have been 4 minutes added. Disappointed with the defeat, but looking to see how Hilly moves us forward now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Turning point on 17:46 - Aug 9 with 2537 viewsTalkingSutty

Turning point on 17:39 - Aug 9 by Albert_Whitehurst

I thought Matt Done was a very close 2nd for MOTM today.

Bennett also deserves a mention, he was very good.
Turning point on 17:48 - Aug 9 with 2518 viewsirisaln

I thought the turning point was playing George Donnelly. We played 60 min. with 10 men as once again he did nothing except miss a decent chance. For the clubs sake Hill, get him out on loan in the conference where he may learn to plat football. I expect to see a changed team on Tuesday and hopefully NO DONNELLY. O.K. he may be a nice guy but it isn't good enough!
Turning point on 17:48 - Aug 9 with 2513 views442Dale

Turning point on 17:44 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Donnelly's failure to convert a gilt-edged chance followed a superb piece of composure, skill and pass by Tanser - what a prospect this lad is!

Lillis kept us in the game first 15-20 minutes but then we showed we had something to hit them back with through Bennett's shot and good play by Done and Hendo. It was pleasing to see us knocking the ball around and but for the lack of someone to hold the ball up front we'd have edged it.

Seems like the 4th officials may have been instructed to allow more added time for time-wasting? Last season that'd have been 4 minutes added. Disappointed with the defeat, but looking to see how Hilly moves us forward now.

Not sure about your point about added time. It was a conscious effort from a very good ref to make everyone aware what was going to happen, Peterborough knew what was coming after their antics. In fact, the only surprise was we didn't beat the 9 minute record seen at Oxford on the opening day 13 years ago.

Turning point on 17:53 - Aug 9 with 2475 viewsBobbyjoe

I thought Donnelly did ok in the context of the game; it's not his fault he isn't a better player. Difference was that they had Mendez-Laing! They also paid us a massive back-handed compliment with the most shameless display of time-wasting since Brian Talbot's Rushden & Diamonds however many years ago.
Turning point on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 2361 viewsTVOS1907

Turning point on 17:31 - Aug 9 by R17ALE

Fully agree on Tanser. Deserved MOM.

Overall, I was encouraged today. I remember watching our first game in the 2010-11 season v unfancied Hartlepool. They were a class above us that day even though we sneaked a 0-0 draw.

Today, we were up against one of the division's bigger guns, and matched them all over the park, apart from one sloppy moment when we conceded a weak goal.

But we are a good striker short though. Donnelly's 1 on 1 ended up with play resuming with a Peterborough throw in! In golfing terms that is the equivalent of having a putt, and then needing a wedge for your next shot! Let's hope Muldoon is the man!

It was worse than that - it didn't even go for a throw-in.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Turning point on 18:11 - Aug 9 with 2353 viewsonedalefan

Turning point on 17:48 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

Not sure about your point about added time. It was a conscious effort from a very good ref to make everyone aware what was going to happen, Peterborough knew what was coming after their antics. In fact, the only surprise was we didn't beat the 9 minute record seen at Oxford on the opening day 13 years ago.

Isnt it the referee's decision on added time? He just let's the fourth official know and he then just holds up the board. The referee made it clear through the half that he was adding more time on.
Turning point on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 2317 viewsolympicdale

There were lots of positives from the game, I thought on the whole, the defence coped relatively well, you could see they were a classier outfit, but I thought we coped okay, hanging on at times in the first half, Tanser was amazing, could he be the next jewel, very composed for his age, hardly getting ruffled. Good to see Bennett playing further up field, he was largely our most potent threat in the final third, Lund was a little off the pace, but put in some good tackles, Allen showed early promise but seemed to fade. George Donnelly did everything right for his chance, after a worldy pass from Tanser, but George scores there and it's a totally different game, you'd want anyone else in that situation but George, he will never be a goalscorer, Hill needs to realise this, and unless Andrew was carrying a knock, or even Bunney, I see no reason why he should start with Donnelly. It was clear that we have a decent enough team, lacking a real goalscorer, hopefully Muldoon comes back and bags a few, as it is now I see Bunney as our best option up front.

Life is a game of fate.

Turning point on 18:18 - Aug 9 with 2294 viewsboromat

Donnelly just ran out of legs for his one on one the ball was running away from him. If it had of gone in it would have been some goal!! Thats how I saw it anyway. Even Hendo it that position would have struggled.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Turning point on 18:27 - Aug 9 with 2245 viewsTVOS1907

Turning point on 17:44 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

The ref decides the added time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Turning point on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 2206 views442Dale

Turning point on 18:11 - Aug 9 by onedalefan

Isnt it the referee's decision on added time? He just let's the fourth official know and he then just holds up the board. The referee made it clear through the half that he was adding more time on.

Yep. He was acknowledging to our bench about the time being added on. Most refs just ignore it, but it diffused the situations as we didn't need to get too riled by their antics as we knew the ref was going to sort it.

Turning point on 18:37 - Aug 9 with 2155 viewsD_Alien

Turning point on 18:32 - Aug 9 by 442Dale

Yep. He was acknowledging to our bench about the time being added on. Most refs just ignore it, but it diffused the situations as we didn't need to get too riled by their antics as we knew the ref was going to sort it.

Maybe it's easier to judge that from the main stand?

Must admit I was under the impression that refs could indicate when time should be added but it was the 4th official who kept track of how much it added up to, since many commentators make the point that "refs have the discretion to add further time on to the amount indicated by the fourth official"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Turning point on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 2083 viewsdingdangblue

Turning point on 18:15 - Aug 9 by olympicdale

There were lots of positives from the game, I thought on the whole, the defence coped relatively well, you could see they were a classier outfit, but I thought we coped okay, hanging on at times in the first half, Tanser was amazing, could he be the next jewel, very composed for his age, hardly getting ruffled. Good to see Bennett playing further up field, he was largely our most potent threat in the final third, Lund was a little off the pace, but put in some good tackles, Allen showed early promise but seemed to fade. George Donnelly did everything right for his chance, after a worldy pass from Tanser, but George scores there and it's a totally different game, you'd want anyone else in that situation but George, he will never be a goalscorer, Hill needs to realise this, and unless Andrew was carrying a knock, or even Bunney, I see no reason why he should start with Donnelly. It was clear that we have a decent enough team, lacking a real goalscorer, hopefully Muldoon comes back and bags a few, as it is now I see Bunney as our best option up front.

'you'd want anyone else in that situation but George' .........Andrew? As has been said, excellent performance today - especially in the 1st half. We are a centre forward short of being a very good team - not much else wrong off today's showing. Tanser was a revelation.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Turning point on 19:06 - Aug 9 with 1995 viewsfunkkk

Turning point on 18:15 - Aug 9 by olympicdale

Lost count of the amount of times a decent looking attack ended with Bennett miscontrolling the ball. A midfielder he is not. Other than that thought I thought we battled well against a strong looking team. If we manage to bring in a decent striker well be ok.
Turning point on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 1954 viewsNewbury_Dale

Thought Matty Lund was on another level to his teammates today. Outstanding, never gave the ball away once. Bossed the midfield from the deep role. Darren Ferguson has probably already agreed a fee after that.

Positive overall performance but disappointed with some aspects of the team selection today - Bennett out wide really didn't work for me. Not sure whether Jamie Allen has the physical tools to make an impact at this level either - seemed to be a bit lost out there against a better calibre of player. And Donnelly doesn't look upto the level - I don't think anyone really expected him to score the one-on-one.

More work needed on the final ball. So much good ball in decent areas but the final ball lacking quality every time.

If Dawson is sold this week, we really need to invest our cut on a striker to take the side to the next level. But still an enjoyable game and if Peterboro are the benchmark, then I think we're set for a decent season.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 19:18]
Turning point on 19:23 - Aug 9 with 1920 viewsChaffRAFC

Very good performance overall but as we could all see, we have nothing up front. If George Donnelly is the answer then what the hell is the question? Desperately need a striker as we just don't look like scoring.

That said, defensively we did really well, Tanser was outstanding. Looked very accomplished. That position is his if he can perform like that every week. Josh Lillis hasn't had a mention yet but he pulled off a couple of fantastic saves. Very good performance.

Rhys Bennett was excellent first half but then absolutely awful in the second. He was a real threat in the first half but clumsy on the ball in the second and kept giving the ball away. Matty Lund had a shaky first half but really improved second half.

Very frustrating to see their lads on the deck every two minutes nursing injuries but excellent refereeing to not only notice but to act on it.

If we can sign a goalscorer, we'll be fine in League One I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024