Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread 19:02 - Sep 29 with 20916 viewsHullDale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:17 - Sep 29 with 8257 viewsHullDale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 30 with 7789 viewsD_Alien

Before we take on Donny, Hartlepool play at top-three chasing Mansfield needing just a draw to move off the bottom spot...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:43 - Sep 30 with 7586 viewsHullDale

Anyone expecting a pitch inspection?
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:43 - Sep 30 with 7491 viewsJames1980

With the Rail Strike tomorrow (not looking for a debate on industrial action). Wouldn't this have been a game to target for new and or infrequent local spectators? Perhaps families who might take a trip someone on the train of a weekend.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 30 with 7439 viewsisitme

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:43 - Sep 30 by HullDale

Anyone expecting a pitch inspection?

No
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:49 - Sep 30 with 7113 viewsEllDale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Before we take on Donny, Hartlepool play at top-three chasing Mansfield needing just a draw to move off the bottom spot...

89th minute equaliser for Hartlepools sees them take a point from the game at Field Mill.
Ah well. Dale have a game in hand.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:50 - Sep 30 with 7107 viewsEllDale

Sorry, Hartlepool.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Sep 30 with 7094 viewsD_Alien

Late equaliser for Hartlepool

Dale v Donny fixtures are a mainstay of both our histories. The Easter Monday draw in front of a five figure gate at Spotland in '69 springs to mind, as do the two strikes in added time for the 2-1 win five years ago

Looking forward to tomorrow, proper football match in prospect
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 22:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 30 with 6987 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Late equaliser for Hartlepool

Dale v Donny fixtures are a mainstay of both our histories. The Easter Monday draw in front of a five figure gate at Spotland in '69 springs to mind, as do the two strikes in added time for the 2-1 win five years ago

Looking forward to tomorrow, proper football match in prospect
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 22:03]

And don't forget this one:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 07:42 - Oct 1 with 6724 viewsdavidab2202

Whilst back at the bottom, and we think we are rubbish the fact is that no team in bottom 10 in the league has taken more points than we have in last 5 games
3 points today and the world will seem a brighter place
Up the DALE
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 13:32 - Oct 1 with 6264 viewsNigeriamark

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 07:42 - Oct 1 by davidab2202

Whilst back at the bottom, and we think we are rubbish the fact is that no team in bottom 10 in the league has taken more points than we have in last 5 games
3 points today and the world will seem a brighter place
Up the DALE

Also important we show we can put together back to back wins so that last week doesn't look like a one off. Like you say quite a number of teams looking very mediocre this season, us being one of them. A run of say 5 games without defeat could put any team in the top half of the table let's hope it's us
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:21 - Oct 1 with 5901 viewsFrog

We are nothing but a pub team, a bad one at that.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 with 5733 viewsNigeriamark

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:21 - Oct 1 by Frog

We are nothing but a pub team, a bad one at that.

1-0 Doncaster after 39 minutes. Break down the right, cut into the box & their player takes 1 touch & rifles home.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:48 - Oct 1 with 5721 viewsSheffdale

Typical Quigley header to equalise. Good to get back on terms before h-t.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 5671 viewsNigeriamark

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 by Nigeriamark

1-0 Doncaster after 39 minutes. Break down the right, cut into the box & their player takes 1 touch & rifles home.

1-1 in the 45th minute. Brilliant cross from the left and Quigley buries a header from 6 yards

Up to the goals it was a drab affair with Doncaster at least registering more efforts on goal. I think our goal was the first effort we had on target. Let's hope it sparks more effort to go out and win in the second half
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:33 - Oct 1 with 5387 viewsDaleFan7

1-2.

Odoh with an awfully feeble header to a virtually open net. They run up and score.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:35 - Oct 1 with 5345 viewsNigeriamark

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:33 - Oct 1 by DaleFan7

1-2.

Odoh with an awfully feeble header to a virtually open net. They run up and score.

Just before that we had another good effort too. Then their midfielder dribbles past everyone & slots a pass through for their player to shoot past our keeper.

Odoh's chance wasn't that easy, the cross was going just behind him. the first effort looked easier but I couldn't see who it fell to
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 16:37]
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Oct 1 with 5055 viewsRotherhamDale

Depressing

Possession with progression.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:19 - Oct 1 with 4957 viewsrichfoad32

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Oct 1 by RotherhamDale

Depressing

It wasn't as bad as some of the capitulations earlier this season but we seriously lack quality. It seems a really poor standard as a league this season so I just hope we can grind out results somewhere.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 1 with 4860 viewsisitme

I don't think we were that bad and if Odoh scores we win. It's the fine margins between teams at the bottom and those higher up. Doncaster were not that great but took their chances. I thought Tums played really well and Seriki grew into the game. I was surprised he was taken off. If we can get Ebanks-Landell and John back fit I think we will be okay.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 1 with 4847 viewsDalenet

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:19 - Oct 1 by richfoad32

It wasn't as bad as some of the capitulations earlier this season but we seriously lack quality. It seems a really poor standard as a league this season so I just hope we can grind out results somewhere.

The annoying thing is that Doncaster weren't very good. But we are happy to slow things down, stand off a man and with one minute to go are messing about with it in our half. No urgency at all. But yes we look marginally better than a month ago. But I fear for our league survival without a clear out in January.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 1 with 4587 viewsD_Alien

Didn't think we deserved to lose but we didn't create enough chances. Should Hendo have done better at the end? Difficult to tell from the Sandy, but looked like the sort of chance he'd put away a couple of years ago (not blaming him, we just didn't do enough)

Donny were pretty average and their fans as annoying as ever. It's gonna be a grind based on hard work to keep afloat, looks like the lads are up for it which is better than before and still half a dozen teams we could overtake if we can string a few results together

Typical fourth tier fare, tbh
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:55]

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Oct 1 with 4541 views442Dale

Diagouraga had probably his best game so far but it’s now come to the point where we can’t have him and Ball in the same team, irrespective where they both play in midfield. It’s too one pace in there, at least Malley changed that.

We need to get the ball wide and crosses into the box. It’s the only way out of this. The goal and the other chances we created show this. This division is so devoid of quality that getting results is simply about finding a way of playing to get wins.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 1 with 4489 viewsdawlishdale

A very depressing afternoon, with little quality on show from Dale, and just a shitty experience from being searched at the entrance by someone who couldn't speak English to being deafened by the useless speakers in the Main Stand (I sit right near our Directors, who are either deaf or not bothered) to a decidedly dodgy start by McNulty and O Donnell when it looked easier for them to score to their right winger absolutely skinning Keohane for pace (I could have done better) leading to the goal for them.
A moment of pleasure as we scored with our only effort of the first half, just after the awful Mr Drysdale ignored one of the most blatant penalty shouts I have ever seen.

Second half Jim persisted with an out of sorts Ball in midfield leaving Diagouraga (our mom by a distance) too much to do on his own.

we did improve when Malley came on, and Odoh added some attacking threat, although this waned when Tulloch came on and Odoh dropped too deep to cause much trouble.

Odoh could and probably should have scored from a header, with their keeper nowhere, but his powder puff effort lacked any pace.

They then raced through our entire midfield as though they weren't there, and scored a well taken goal, but most of our team was playing statues.

Hendo came on and did bugger all, apart from getting a chance right at the end which he should have scored, but his header looped past the post.

So there you have it...another defeat at home, and a team who look decidedly non league with a few exceptions.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 1 with 4451 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Didn't think we deserved to lose but we didn't create enough chances. Should Hendo have done better at the end? Difficult to tell from the Sandy, but looked like the sort of chance he'd put away a couple of years ago (not blaming him, we just didn't do enough)

Donny were pretty average and their fans as annoying as ever. It's gonna be a grind based on hard work to keep afloat, looks like the lads are up for it which is better than before and still half a dozen teams we could overtake if we can string a few results together

Typical fourth tier fare, tbh
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 17:55]

I think Henderson would have at least got that header on target in the past. He arguably had time to bring it down and get a shot in.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024