Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 34356 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:04 - Mar 17 with 2115 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:07 - Mar 16 by BigDaveMyCock

I think you're making some false assumptions. The biggest one of which is that those who are silent share your view. Have you ever considered for one moment that maybe they have got better things to do than to pick over a manager's post match interview. I'm really sorry to break this to you but the silent majority are blissfully unaware of Hilly's utterances because the vast majority of us don't listen to it and don't bloody care.
Instead, most people form opinions of whatever games they take in and overall that's pretty good. Your other assumption is that those who don't share your view somehow don't have the best interests of the club at heart.

That's ironic in itself big Dave as it's not an assumption.

I know plenty who dip in and dip out when it suits them. The only point here is Hilly could do worse than think before he spouts the negative stuff regarding any fan who hands over there hard earned. It is a choice they don't have to come they should be made to feel like they can't possibly stay away.

I preferred when hilly convinced me to have no fear and team Rochdale... The underdog fine - but one with teeth that never gave in.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 8:31]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:41 - Mar 17 with 2055 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:04 - Mar 17 by aleanddale

That's ironic in itself big Dave as it's not an assumption.

I know plenty who dip in and dip out when it suits them. The only point here is Hilly could do worse than think before he spouts the negative stuff regarding any fan who hands over there hard earned. It is a choice they don't have to come they should be made to feel like they can't possibly stay away.

I preferred when hilly convinced me to have no fear and team Rochdale... The underdog fine - but one with teeth that never gave in.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 8:31]

Hilly gets accused a lot of being 'thin skinned' and reacting too much when negative comments are shouted out at games. Is this hypocritical now fans are supposedly 'staying away' because of Hillys comments?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:57 - Mar 17 with 2038 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:20 - Mar 16 by BigDaveMyCock

Very well put but isn't the danger that the threat, whether actual or real, to veto games becomes a tool that can be used every time certain fans want to get their own way. The result of which is 'yes' men at the club who pander to people.
As I said, I assume the silent majority don't even listen to Hilly's after match comments and it really has absolutely no impact on them whatsoever. However, some seem intent on using this threat of non-attendance or self imposed bans from forums to essentially force their view.

Apologies, this was meant to a response to your most recent post bar one.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 20:37]

The ones who have stopped going to games haven't done so because of a poor set of results they have explained their feelings on various posts in this thread.

They feel as though the manager as given up on the season and basically can't be arsed. They have come to that assumption as a result of the managers comments and also what they perceive to be experimenting with the team with a view to next season when we are currently in with a fighting chance of the play off. Its seen as a lack of ambition

For some people money is bloody hard to earn and some feel as though their support is undervalued ( again, they have stated it on this forum) so have decided to stop attending.

When people have a different opinion to yourself resorting to calling them names or wimps or aggressive responses is pretty poor form. You are going to have to learn that we can't all agree with you. Have bit of respect for other posters and lose the aggression because in real life it doesn't suit you.

Those that have decided to stay away have their own reasons and you should respect their decision, i am sure most will return.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 9:12]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:01 - Mar 17 with 2034 viewsParkinsGimp

The strikers he's signed so far this season havent exactly set the world or League 1 alight.... Andrew, Muldoon, Brandy , Nobel-Laz. mmmmm Not brilliant eh, just one of those seasons when signings dont hit it off, his good signing has been Dawson.
So next season lets hope we can capture Logan in net and a good forward for starters, seeing as some have already written this season off....we are safe arent we?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:09 - Mar 17 with 2024 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:01 - Mar 17 by ParkinsGimp

The strikers he's signed so far this season havent exactly set the world or League 1 alight.... Andrew, Muldoon, Brandy , Nobel-Laz. mmmmm Not brilliant eh, just one of those seasons when signings dont hit it off, his good signing has been Dawson.
So next season lets hope we can capture Logan in net and a good forward for starters, seeing as some have already written this season off....we are safe arent we?

O'Connell and Kennedy have proved good business. I am all for giving the kids a chance and Tansers done well but Kennedy has been very good and i would give him a contract for next season
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:11 - Mar 17 with 2021 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:41 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Hilly gets accused a lot of being 'thin skinned' and reacting too much when negative comments are shouted out at games. Is this hypocritical now fans are supposedly 'staying away' because of Hillys comments?

It's not a big deal for me.

I can take or leave the comments and go for the football.

I don't think hilly should have had a dig at the fans who did turn up v Crewe.

I think some of his comments ( of late ) have been bizarre bordering on arrogant.

If any club employee does anything that has a potential to make people question should they attend then that employee should be made to just consider what they said. Hilly included!!

And I am one of his biggest fans!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 2018 viewsBobbyjoe

OK, colours to the mast, I'm not a fan (though I admire and envy all you who are), just someone who has turned up occasionally over the last fifty years. I guess there are up to 5000 people who go sometimes but not regularly. It's no good presenting them with evidence that sounds like a contented shareholders' report on steady progress by a small business. Football is about passion and glory. The manager could help the undecided to dip in their pocket for twenty quid by transmitting some of that.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:24 - Mar 17 with 1990 viewsfitzochris

Tanser and Allen are two reasons this season has been a success.

We tried Diba, but he isn't ready.Fair enough, but he will be soon enough.

Callum Camps isn't far away either. I haven't seen Bell yet, but reports are positive.

That's five players we haven't had to pay a penny for that will augment our squad next season.

Don't doubt for a second that Hilly won't act fast once the season comes to end to bring in more experience to complement these chaps.

If we hang on to Henderson, Vincenti, Dawson et al, we're all the stronger.

That will give the whole group an entire summer to prepare for League One again.

There's no way we'll start our next campaign half cocked, as we did this.

Let's all be honest here, if we made the play-offs this season we would get pumped. People are saying we are short of a striker, or missing this player or that. It's true.

We are not ready for the play-offs this season. If we snuck in there at the death, it would do more harm than good, in my opinion.

Roll on August 2015, is what I say.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:34 - Mar 17 with 1980 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:57 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

The ones who have stopped going to games haven't done so because of a poor set of results they have explained their feelings on various posts in this thread.

They feel as though the manager as given up on the season and basically can't be arsed. They have come to that assumption as a result of the managers comments and also what they perceive to be experimenting with the team with a view to next season when we are currently in with a fighting chance of the play off. Its seen as a lack of ambition

For some people money is bloody hard to earn and some feel as though their support is undervalued ( again, they have stated it on this forum) so have decided to stop attending.

When people have a different opinion to yourself resorting to calling them names or wimps or aggressive responses is pretty poor form. You are going to have to learn that we can't all agree with you. Have bit of respect for other posters and lose the aggression because in real life it doesn't suit you.

Those that have decided to stay away have their own reasons and you should respect their decision, i am sure most will return.

I really don't see this 'Experimenting' with the team argument? Bunney at left back was the only bizarre one at Peterborough (and when do we EVER get anything there)? Chesterfield h - normal team selection and hard fought win, Sheff Utd h normal team selection lost with Lillis mistake, Bristol City a - normal team selection hard fought defeat, Crewe h brilliant 4-0 win , normal team selection, Bunney excellent upfront with 2 superb goals, Colchester h - normal team selection and hard fought 2-1 win, Fleetwood a SAME STARTING ELEVEN as Colchester win, narrow 1-0 defeat to an excellent finish (could easily have been 0-0). If Hill had given up why get keeper on loan as Lillis could easily have got us to the end of season with the points/goal difference we already had.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:36 - Mar 17 with 1970 viewsBobbyjoe

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:24 - Mar 17 by fitzochris

Callum Camps isn't far away either. I haven't seen Bell yet, but reports are positive.

That's five players we haven't had to pay a penny for that will augment our squad next season.

Don't doubt for a second that Hilly won't act fast once the season comes to end to bring in more experience to complement these chaps.

That will give the whole group an entire summer to prepare for League One again.

Let's all be honest here, if we made the play-offs this season we would get pumped. People are saying we are short of a striker, or missing this player or that. It's true.

We are not ready for the play-offs this season. If we snuck in there at the death, it would do more harm than good, in my opinion.

Sport doesn't work like that; you don't get to choose your time to be successful; you have to seize the moment; this season was the moment.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 1966 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 09:34 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

I really don't see this 'Experimenting' with the team argument? Bunney at left back was the only bizarre one at Peterborough (and when do we EVER get anything there)? Chesterfield h - normal team selection and hard fought win, Sheff Utd h normal team selection lost with Lillis mistake, Bristol City a - normal team selection hard fought defeat, Crewe h brilliant 4-0 win , normal team selection, Bunney excellent upfront with 2 superb goals, Colchester h - normal team selection and hard fought 2-1 win, Fleetwood a SAME STARTING ELEVEN as Colchester win, narrow 1-0 defeat to an excellent finish (could easily have been 0-0). If Hill had given up why get keeper on loan as Lillis could easily have got us to the end of season with the points/goal difference we already had.

No, i dont see the experimenting with the team argument. Bunney was played at left back with the genuine belief that he would do a good job. Some of the substitutions have been different though.
I think some fans see Bunneys inclusion in the team as experimenting but i think he is the best option we have available at the moment.

Like i stated, overall the performances this season have been great, its the effect Hills comments have on the fans and the fact some have decided to stay away from games that concerns me.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 9:46]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:14 - Mar 17 with 1924 viewsD_Alien

There's a lot of merit in what you say, as always.

The problem is that (as Bobbyjoe has alluded to) in sport you can't "try to finish halfway". Either you're trying to win or you're not, in which case it's an utter travesty and if I truly believed we didn't start each game with the intention of winning I'd definitely not be going.

If, by trying to win, we ended up in a playoff place it'd be on merit, and our away results at MK Dons, Swindon and Bristol City - plus our home results - suggest we wouldn't get mullered but a free hit against other teams with much higher expectations.

As it happens, and back to your main point - I think we'll be much better prepared for a serious tilt at the playoffs next season. You can't plan to fall short though, or you'll end up in free-fall.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:25 - Mar 17 with 1883 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:14 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

The problem is that (as Bobbyjoe has alluded to) in sport you can't "try to finish halfway". Either you're trying to win or you're not, in which case it's an utter travesty and if I truly believed we didn't start each game with the intention of winning I'd definitely not be going.

If, by trying to win, we ended up in a playoff place it'd be on merit, and our away results at MK Dons, Swindon and Bristol City - plus our home results - suggest we wouldn't get mullered but a free hit against other teams with much higher expectations.

As it happens, and back to your main point - I think we'll be much better prepared for a serious tilt at the playoffs next season. You can't plan to fall short though, or you'll end up in free-fall.

One other fly in the ointment is the Hill/Barnsley history. Going there on the last day with the prospect of them already in the play offs/needing points for the play offs is a thought not worth pondering over too much. The hatred they have for 'the berk' as some call him would be hard to stomach - especially if they have something to gloat about. This is reason enough for Hilly to go all out to try and win as many games till the end of season - which I'm 100% sure is the case anyway.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:30 - Mar 17 with 1870 viewsisitme

Does anyone actually believe that the team doesn't go out aiming to win every game?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:33 - Mar 17 with 1865 viewsfitzochris

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:14 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

This is true.

I doubt the team will go out to lose between now and the end of the season, though.

It will be a case of 'do your best, play with freedom and see where it takes us'.

There is no pressure attached to that.

If that approach did take us to the play-offs, great, but I would worry, because then there would be pressure put back on a squad that, at this moment in time, I don't believe is equipped to handle it.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 1854 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:57 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

Exactly that...
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:46 - Mar 17 with 1834 viewsNafelad

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:30 - Mar 17 by isitme

Does anyone actually believe that the team doesn't go out aiming to win every game?

I'm certain the team do - not sure about Hilly!

Topcat

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:02 - Mar 17 with 1801 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:46 - Mar 17 by Nafelad

I'm certain the team do - not sure about Hilly!

I don't believe that for one minute - I do believe Hill studies the season immensely and has plans weeks before games come along. Jamie Allen is arguably our best midfielder and certainly our best passer. He was left out nearly all February - I'm sure Hill did it with a view to him playing every game this month (2 of which we've won already). Could we have done better in Feb with Allen in the team? Most probably - but we will see the benefits the rest of this month I'm sure, starting tonight and 50 points amassed please.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:07 - Mar 17 with 1798 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 10:30 - Mar 17 by isitme

As put by somebody else no - the team obviously is giving there all..

As odd as it sounds I think it suits the club to finish mid table this season and maybe push on next.

5 maybe 10 years in this league - ( Walsall / Yeovil ) etc would be a massive success.

The thread has meandered and that's fine.

Maybe Hilly not being his confident self unnerved me... I am 100% behind him with the exception of cheap shots at any of our fans.

Up the Dale tonight... Barnstorming game and Dale 3 points!!!!!

Then we can chew over something different tomorrow!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:17 - Mar 17 with 1782 viewstazzydjr

I know we only need two wins not really bothered that he's experimenting but Saturday felt like we'd dropped another point not taking easy if not conference chances of putting the ball in the net no offense intended it does feel like the season is over even though still 34 Points up for grabs even achieving half of them (17 Points) would place us in a top 10 spot

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 1744 viewsbeat_the_bishop

A lot has been said since my original post about choosing not to bother.

Basically, I have 3 options on a Saturday:

- I can opt to work.
- I can opt to play amateur football.
- I can opt to go Dale.

I have let the club dictate my weekends for many years. Like we all do, we even book out holidays and weekends away around the fixtures. That's what fans do.

I have spent a lot of time over the years, and I mean A LOT of time preaching, persuading, campaigning to my friends and family to get them to pay some interest in Rochdale and get through the turnstile with me for undoubtedly the best entertainment the town can offer. I became abit of a stuck record with it during our first play off season, constantly harping on about how good they are, how lower league football has moved on, especially at Dale, and how fun it is watching Rochdale. On the back of that I managed to get 3 new season ticket holders. My dad, my dads friend and my best mate. When Hill had the 'No Fear, total football, attack attack attack' philosophy. They enjoyed it, they got to witness what I was rabbiting on about and ended up coming with me ever since.

I've done my bit there alone. So the last thing I want to hear is our own manager criticising the small minority of what is a big town who actually get off their backside, sacrifice their afternoon, their money, and some cases voice box to support their local team which has been starved of success for that long its difficult to see what the attraction actually is in the first place!

I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain.

I pay a percentage of Keith Hills wages. And I feel he doesn't give two sh*ts about me, my money or how I go about earning that money. He is one of the most arrogant men you will come across. And quite as to how he has come to that on the back of managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league I don't know. He didn't start off like that. People who don't appreciate their life, and the people in it get on my nerves. He has a fantastic job, one which all of us would probably call our dream job and sometimes he implies that it's nothing but a burden because he's heard a few groans. Without us, he is unemployed. Yes he would get work elsewhere but that's besides the point. Without us, he doesn't have a job. He needs to appreciate that.

I'm confident that if any of you went into your workplace today and criticised your enployer, your feet wouldn't touch the ground. He continuously does it time after time and some people are so far up his backside they would let him sleep with their wife. I am different, I don't like the man. He manages my club, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I find him arrogant, sarcastic, unappreciative and disrespectful. None of them traits can be found in any person I have time for in my life.

It's no secret to anyone and any manager the fanbase is what holds the club back. So in my opinion, the last thing I would do is build a wall between myself and them. Has he ever said anything nice about us? That's sincere and not been forced upon him by Dunphy? The top and bottom is, we need more fans. You don't go about that by slagging the ones off that actually do attend. That's just strange!

The team selections, decisions, attitude of late from Hill just irritate me. I sometimes get the impression that he does the opposite to what the fans want to see just to out right annoy us and ensure we are nothing but fans. His treatment towards Hery alone has annoyed me all season. And how he can just sit there and accept it is a credit to Hery because he has been treated like a naughty school boy, and that treatment would not get repeated on other certain players and we know it. He's favouritsmn is comical at times. Joe Bunney is the current day Joe Thompson. He will never play at League One or League Two level for a full season again once he leaves Rochdale. Most of us know it, and most of us said the same about Joe Thompson. Granted he got poorly but he got sussed out pretty quick at Tranmere.

The side is 2 good players and logical decisions away from the playoffs. When have we been played off the park this season? We have every right to challenge for the top 6. You don't get in the top 6 because you have a training ground, 10,000 fans and a stand with two tiers. You get in when you have scored enough goals across 46 games against other people with the same job title with the same end goal. If at the end you fall short it wasn't because your a small club, it's because you didn't accumulate enough points.

People read too much into the politics and 'if and buts' of promotion. I don't have the same support network, same 15 plate van, top of the range power tools, marketing team, range of uniform as British Gas operatives. But if you place a boiler in front of me, I will deliver the same if not better end product of a British Gas job. So I'm sorry, am I not good enough because I don't have the infrastructure? Or do my performances matter more?

I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!

But instead to be constantly reminded at how lucky we are, how much we are punching above our weight, blah blah. It's depressing and obvious. As a player pondering whether to sign for Rochdale, does that excite you??

I don't look to the future, and next season. You deal with the one that is put in front of you first. Next season might never come. Stranger things in life have happened.

If we signed a striker after losing Done, and game out and said 'yes we have lost Done, but that's football. We have signed a new striker to replicate them goals and continue towards our dream of reaching the playoffs. I hope the fans are on board for the ride, we deserve to be here, deserve to give it a shot and the players have already shown they are good enough, so why not go for it?'

If that was the case I would still be donning the same erection every week when heading towards Spotland. It's called excitement. And watching Rochdale of late just hasn't excited me, because in the back of my mind I know they deep down they don't have the same desire as me. And Keith Hill has transferred his 'de-energised' vibes into me. Knowing I am going to the game to play out the season just isn't for me. Not in the current climate when I have to think a little bit more with my money.

If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:53]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:47 - Mar 17 with 1740 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:17 - Mar 17 by tazzydjr

I know we only need two wins not really bothered that he's experimenting but Saturday felt like we'd dropped another point not taking easy if not conference chances of putting the ball in the net no offense intended it does feel like the season is over even though still 34 Points up for grabs even achieving half of them (17 Points) would place us in a top 10 spot

36'points left to play for.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:13 - Mar 17 with 1663 viewsnordenblue

If a team reaches the play offs over a 40 odd games season they are ready and good enough to be in them.
I don't buy into this preparing players for next season and experimenting, we've had a cracking chance this season and having been in a perfect position we've given up and began treating subs and tactics like its a pre season knock about.
We may NEVER have a better chance again for decades regardless of how well we "prepare" for next season
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:22 - Mar 17 with 1648 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:45 - Mar 17 by beat_the_bishop

A lot has been said since my original post about choosing not to bother.

Basically, I have 3 options on a Saturday:

- I can opt to work.
- I can opt to play amateur football.
- I can opt to go Dale.

I have let the club dictate my weekends for many years. Like we all do, we even book out holidays and weekends away around the fixtures. That's what fans do.

I have spent a lot of time over the years, and I mean A LOT of time preaching, persuading, campaigning to my friends and family to get them to pay some interest in Rochdale and get through the turnstile with me for undoubtedly the best entertainment the town can offer. I became abit of a stuck record with it during our first play off season, constantly harping on about how good they are, how lower league football has moved on, especially at Dale, and how fun it is watching Rochdale. On the back of that I managed to get 3 new season ticket holders. My dad, my dads friend and my best mate. When Hill had the 'No Fear, total football, attack attack attack' philosophy. They enjoyed it, they got to witness what I was rabbiting on about and ended up coming with me ever since.

I've done my bit there alone. So the last thing I want to hear is our own manager criticising the small minority of what is a big town who actually get off their backside, sacrifice their afternoon, their money, and some cases voice box to support their local team which has been starved of success for that long its difficult to see what the attraction actually is in the first place!

I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain.

I pay a percentage of Keith Hills wages. And I feel he doesn't give two sh*ts about me, my money or how I go about earning that money. He is one of the most arrogant men you will come across. And quite as to how he has come to that on the back of managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league I don't know. He didn't start off like that. People who don't appreciate their life, and the people in it get on my nerves. He has a fantastic job, one which all of us would probably call our dream job and sometimes he implies that it's nothing but a burden because he's heard a few groans. Without us, he is unemployed. Yes he would get work elsewhere but that's besides the point. Without us, he doesn't have a job. He needs to appreciate that.

I'm confident that if any of you went into your workplace today and criticised your enployer, your feet wouldn't touch the ground. He continuously does it time after time and some people are so far up his backside they would let him sleep with their wife. I am different, I don't like the man. He manages my club, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I find him arrogant, sarcastic, unappreciative and disrespectful. None of them traits can be found in any person I have time for in my life.

It's no secret to anyone and any manager the fanbase is what holds the club back. So in my opinion, the last thing I would do is build a wall between myself and them. Has he ever said anything nice about us? That's sincere and not been forced upon him by Dunphy? The top and bottom is, we need more fans. You don't go about that by slagging the ones off that actually do attend. That's just strange!

The team selections, decisions, attitude of late from Hill just irritate me. I sometimes get the impression that he does the opposite to what the fans want to see just to out right annoy us and ensure we are nothing but fans. His treatment towards Hery alone has annoyed me all season. And how he can just sit there and accept it is a credit to Hery because he has been treated like a naughty school boy, and that treatment would not get repeated on other certain players and we know it. He's favouritsmn is comical at times. Joe Bunney is the current day Joe Thompson. He will never play at League One or League Two level for a full season again once he leaves Rochdale. Most of us know it, and most of us said the same about Joe Thompson. Granted he got poorly but he got sussed out pretty quick at Tranmere.

The side is 2 good players and logical decisions away from the playoffs. When have we been played off the park this season? We have every right to challenge for the top 6. You don't get in the top 6 because you have a training ground, 10,000 fans and a stand with two tiers. You get in when you have scored enough goals across 46 games against other people with the same job title with the same end goal. If at the end you fall short it wasn't because your a small club, it's because you didn't accumulate enough points.

People read too much into the politics and 'if and buts' of promotion. I don't have the same support network, same 15 plate van, top of the range power tools, marketing team, range of uniform as British Gas operatives. But if you place a boiler in front of me, I will deliver the same if not better end product of a British Gas job. So I'm sorry, am I not good enough because I don't have the infrastructure? Or do my performances matter more?

I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!

But instead to be constantly reminded at how lucky we are, how much we are punching above our weight, blah blah. It's depressing and obvious. As a player pondering whether to sign for Rochdale, does that excite you??

I don't look to the future, and next season. You deal with the one that is put in front of you first. Next season might never come. Stranger things in life have happened.

If we signed a striker after losing Done, and game out and said 'yes we have lost Done, but that's football. We have signed a new striker to replicate them goals and continue towards our dream of reaching the playoffs. I hope the fans are on board for the ride, we deserve to be here, deserve to give it a shot and the players have already shown they are good enough, so why not go for it?'

If that was the case I would still be donning the same erection every week when heading towards Spotland. It's called excitement. And watching Rochdale of late just hasn't excited me, because in the back of my mind I know they deep down they don't have the same desire as me. And Keith Hill has transferred his 'de-energised' vibes into me. Knowing I am going to the game to play out the season just isn't for me. Not in the current climate when I have to think a little bit more with my money.

If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:53]

Cracking post that will put the nose out of some fans. I am genuinely now thinking thinking some fans are actually frightened of the thought of getting to the play offs and ending up in the Championship.

You dream of being in this position and then to turn around and say "No, its too early" shows a lack of ambition/ bottle whatever you want to call it. The amount of goals we have scored this season suggests we are more than capable but instead we aren't going to bother!!

Anyway, lets just count the games down and see the season out, but lets not get on the players back if they appear to be going through the motions.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:24 - Mar 17 with 1637 viewsfitzochris

"I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain."

This is true. We all turn up in the hope of seeing Dale win. But those who have supported Dale since the pre-Hill days know better than to expect it, surely?

So long as the team puts a shift in, and the manager has put the best team available on the pitch, that's all I care about.

The 'not ready' thing, I stand by. In my opinion, we weren't ready in August and have spent the rest of the season shuffling the pack to compensate.

Who's to blame for that? I don't know. I knew after the Peterborough game that we weren't ready - that we weren't the finished article.

We hit lucky when Done proved to be a natural fit up front, and we hit lucky again with Conrad - but the rest of the season has been one big experiment with Hilly not knowing his best side - Bunney, Brandy and RNL are cases in point.

As I said previously, the real success, in among all of this, is the fact that our youth players have not looked out of their depth when thrown into the mix.

Next season will be better. I know it.

That's not to say I think the team should go out and lose every game from now until then. Just that I don't think they should play with the pressure of a top 6 finish on their shoulders - a pressure that wouldn't have been there before August.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024