Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 34359 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:12 - Mar 15 with 2269 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:25 - Mar 15 by dalenumber2

You know what - I thought and did exactly the same.

As did I, no chance of me going Tuesday....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:12 - Mar 15 with 2269 viewsToffeemanc

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:25 - Mar 15 by dalenumber2

You know what - I thought and did exactly the same.

I can see why you would have chosen to miss yesterday's game as I was undecided up to the last minute. I have to say that after the game yesterday on the way home I have consciously taken the decision not to attend any further away games this season unless we get a striker in on loan who is better than what we have.

I really didn't expect us to get anywhere near the playoffs even had Done stayed. And since Keith has confirmed the playoffs are a pipe dream and has backed up his opinion by not bringing in a goal scorer and the so called ready made replacements simply aren't good enough, then it makes more sense to me to save my money and plan for next season, a bit like Hilly has chosen to do really.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:15 - Mar 15 with 2266 viewsroccydaleian

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:07 - Mar 15 by BlueMessiah

I saw a clear message on deadline day that the board and manager were happy for the season to end at that point. Good cup run, money in the bank, player sold, money in the bank. Don't want to go up (yet?), unlikely to go down. League 1 consolidation accomplished.

All the tripe, lies and contradictions that has come from the club and manager since just reinforces this for me. I've not attended a Dale match since Done's sale. Call me fickle, part-timer, whatever I couldn't care less. Gone are the days when supporting the Dale ruled my life. I have plenty of other things to spend my time and cash on than watching a load of frendlies where the manager arses about with player experimentations, couldn't care about the result and berates the fans for HOPING (NOT expecting) for more. I don't like being told not to hope my team wins matches and continues to achieve and progress.

I'll save hundreds of pounds between February and summer, so my lad gets some new footy boots, my daughter gets some new dancing gear, the Mrs gets some Smirnoff and I get some new wiper blades - everyone's happy!!! Roll on summer!!

your choice of course, but how many games did you attend under Eyre and Coleman, or did you boycott any of them? Not criticising, just interested.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:16 - Mar 15 with 2264 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Its just another PR cock up to add to the list - we have given up fans so you may as well stay home and save some cash. No doubt the "With current attendances we cannot afford to jepordise the future of the club" bollocks will follow shortly.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 2256 viewsTalkingSutty

I saw a clear message on deadline day that the board and manager were happy for the season to end at that point. Good cup run, money in the bank, player sold, money in the bank. Don't want to go up (yet?), unlikely to go down. League 1 consolidation accomplished.

All the tripe, lies and contradictions that has come from the club and manager since just reinforces this for me. I've not attended a Dale match since Done's sale. Call me fickle, part-timer, whatever I couldn't care less. Gone are the days when supporting the Dale ruled my life. I have plenty of other things to spend my time and cash on than watching a load of frendlies where the manager arses about with player experimentations, couldn't care about the result and berates the fans for HOPING (NOT expecting) for more. I don't like being told not to hope my team wins matches and continues to achieve and progress.

I'll save hundreds of pounds between February and summer, so my lad gets some new footy boots, my daughter gets some new dancing gear, the Mrs gets some Smirnoff and I get some new wiper blades - everyone's happy!!! Roll on summer!!

.....and that's what happens when there is no hope or expectation. The ones that are quick to jump down the throat of the Commercial Department etc seem to turn a blind eye when it comes to the damage caused by Hills comments regarding the supporters/ expectations etc/de- energised etc. If the manager can't be bothered why should the fans?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:21 - Mar 15 with 2243 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:18 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

.....and that's what happens when there is no hope or expectation. The ones that are quick to jump down the throat of the Commercial Department etc seem to turn a blind eye when it comes to the damage caused by Hills comments regarding the supporters/ expectations etc/de- energised etc. If the manager can't be bothered why should the fans?

Was just thinking the same TS - I imagine Frances is going to hell of a job trying to stop Keith sprouting some negative crap - Possibly stopping him doing any interviews would be an idea tbh!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:31 - Mar 15 with 2215 viewsD_Dale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:57 - Mar 15 by Nafelad

Anticipating another understrength team will take the field against Notts Cheaty, so I won't be going.

Recent form (4 defeats in the last 4 away games), the prospect of a chilly Tuesday night in Nottingham and live football on TV, is likely to keep Dale's support down to below 300, I'd guess.

Even so, it's an interesting fixture. Since Cheaty's late and controversial equaliser at Spotland last December, they've lost 10 of their 15 matches (and won 3 and drawn 2). But 7 of those defeats have been by the odd goal. Dale's last 4 away defeats were also by the odd goal. So it could well be close on Tuesday, though the home side will be more desperate for the points.

As for the starting eleven, who knows what goes on in Keith Hill's mind? But I doubt there'll be many changes. Assuming Gary Jones plays, Dawson, if fit, could be the best option at the centre of Dale's midfield.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:34 - Mar 15 with 2207 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:31 - Mar 15 by D_Dale

Recent form (4 defeats in the last 4 away games), the prospect of a chilly Tuesday night in Nottingham and live football on TV, is likely to keep Dale's support down to below 300, I'd guess.

Even so, it's an interesting fixture. Since Cheaty's late and controversial equaliser at Spotland last December, they've lost 10 of their 15 matches (and won 3 and drawn 2). But 7 of those defeats have been by the odd goal. Dale's last 4 away defeats were also by the odd goal. So it could well be close on Tuesday, though the home side will be more desperate for the points.

As for the starting eleven, who knows what goes on in Keith Hill's mind? But I doubt there'll be many changes. Assuming Gary Jones plays, Dawson, if fit, could be the best option at the centre of Dale's midfield.

Beware the legend!!
Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:39 - Mar 15 with 2179 views442Dale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:34 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Beware the legend!!

He'll pass us to death. Sideways.

Yes, I know what happens next.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 2124 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:39 - Mar 15 by 442Dale

He'll pass us to death. Sideways.

Yes, I know what happens next.

Its ok to Tweek now - season is over as we can't make the play offs :)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 22:25 - Mar 15 with 2103 viewsSandyman

Not had the enthusiasm to read through all this, but why not say, "yes we are the poor boys of this division but we are going to have a bloody good go at getting in the play offs - we might not get there but we will try as hard as we can"

Easy, and encouraging. And definitely not negative. If the club can't sort that out, why should anyone be arsed renewing a season ticket? Or even turning up for the next game ? Why is watching some "potentially" good youth teamers who can't win a reason to attend?

Negativity breeds negativity....
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 22:26]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:03 - Mar 15 with 2040 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Very similar to myself. I've had a season ticket for 14 years now, although this season I didn't bother for financial reasons.

Up until the sale of Done I attended every home game and about 4/5 away games. But like you, I knocked it on the head. It really knocked the stuffing out of me. I work hard for my money, genuinely hard lugging boilers about and messing with shitty toilets. Keith Hill alone is the reason I have only been to the Sheffield United game and I went yesterday. He doesn't make me feel valued as a fan. Some of his comments alone make we want to punch him square in the face. And then when you go to a game like yesterday where he out right takes the p*ss out of us all I have to analyse the situation. I am not enjoying watching Rochdale at the moment, it's not the players or the performance of the players, it's Keith Hill, his tactics, his moaning, his arrogance and his lack of respect that has turned me away. I never thought I'd see the day but it's been quite an easy decision.

I read this board every single day, I love the contrasting opinions. But slowly, I feel like people are feeling very similar to myself. My dad, and my dads best friend have followed suite and opted out. When we start feeling valued, wanted and respected we will return. There isn't enough of us fans as it is without feeling unappreciated.

Some on here will probably say I'm not a true fan, but my bank account over the last 14 years begs to differ.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:20 - Mar 15 with 2021 viewsroccydaleian

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:03 - Mar 15 by beat_the_bishop

Very similar to myself. I've had a season ticket for 14 years now, although this season I didn't bother for financial reasons.

Up until the sale of Done I attended every home game and about 4/5 away games. But like you, I knocked it on the head. It really knocked the stuffing out of me. I work hard for my money, genuinely hard lugging boilers about and messing with shitty toilets. Keith Hill alone is the reason I have only been to the Sheffield United game and I went yesterday. He doesn't make me feel valued as a fan. Some of his comments alone make we want to punch him square in the face. And then when you go to a game like yesterday where he out right takes the p*ss out of us all I have to analyse the situation. I am not enjoying watching Rochdale at the moment, it's not the players or the performance of the players, it's Keith Hill, his tactics, his moaning, his arrogance and his lack of respect that has turned me away. I never thought I'd see the day but it's been quite an easy decision.

I read this board every single day, I love the contrasting opinions. But slowly, I feel like people are feeling very similar to myself. My dad, and my dads best friend have followed suite and opted out. When we start feeling valued, wanted and respected we will return. There isn't enough of us fans as it is without feeling unappreciated.

Some on here will probably say I'm not a true fan, but my bank account over the last 14 years begs to differ.

What Hilly says, I've just taken with a pinch of salt for years now. All I see is one of the best teams we've ever had, and mainly a great season and that is mainly down to KH. I really do think some people take Hilly's interviews to seriously. Lighten up people and enjoy what we've got, which is a good vibrant young team. Up The Dale.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:42 - Mar 15 with 1983 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:20 - Mar 15 by roccydaleian

What Hilly says, I've just taken with a pinch of salt for years now. All I see is one of the best teams we've ever had, and mainly a great season and that is mainly down to KH. I really do think some people take Hilly's interviews to seriously. Lighten up people and enjoy what we've got, which is a good vibrant young team. Up The Dale.

Agreed, I didn't go yesterday so maybe it doesn't affect me as much as others who did but I'm staggered by the over reaction to yesterday's performance and defeat. We could easily beat Notts on Tues and Scunny on Saturday - there's still loads that could happen this season and we've just had back to back home wins - I find talk of fans boycotting games because of our manager quite staggering and quite frankly laughable. Keith Hill is the reason we are where we are today and the reason we have such a promising future.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 23:45]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 01:19 - Mar 16 with 1926 viewsShun

I think some are over-reacting to yesterday. Yes, we were poor, but no poorer than Fleetwood. I quite like the experimentation Hill brings to our team. He's always done it. Maybe not to the extent he has been doing lately, but it's always been an element to his management style. That's why I won't lambaste him for putting Bunney at left back (well, maybe the second match running was a bit excessive). I remember Done playing his first ever game at left back against Leeds and having a great game. At Crewe earlier in this season Done started up front and again, had a great game. Despite what some have said on this thread none then were saying, "Well that's his natural position, no big deal." We were all praising Hill for making the decision. Just a few weeks ago at Coventry Henderson was moved to right back and played better than he had been doing for weeks. Hill's career with us has been full of these experiments. When they succeed we praise his genius, when they fail we curse him. He's well aware of that and he won't change it.

As for his comments at feeling flat and deflated. Bizarre and irritating, yes. I've never listened to one of his interviews in my life so I don't know how many times he's said that, but I'm guessing (hoping, expecting!) just the once.

Those comments annoyed me but yesterday I didn't see the depressed, mojo-lacking character we've all been describing on here over the past fortnight. He warmly welcomed both sections of the crowd and stopped for a photo with a young fan. What I saw was a man who still holds a great affection for this club and its fans. And, as much as he does annoy me at times, I refuse to believe otherwise.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 06:51 - Mar 16 with 1762 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:20 - Mar 15 by roccydaleian

Some good points Roccy but like other posters you aren't listening to what others are saying. Hills comments have stopped people from attending matches, it's ok saying just ignore them but if you don't feel valued by the manager or the club then some stop going to games.

I thought we played ok on Saturday but never looked like scoring, the substitutions baffled me but I can live with that, what happens on the pitch isn't the problem. Even after Saturdays game Hilly commented that he forgot/ didn't know the score line, which just implies to fans that he wasn't really bothered.

It's been a drip drip effect on the fans and quite a lot are fed up of it, some take their frustrations out on the forum but others turn their back and stop going to games.Its not new because he alienated the fans at Barnsley, some will accept anything but there are plenty others who won't.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:00 - Mar 16 with 1749 viewsColDale

Saturday was not poor. If you think that was poor, then there are some very short memories about. But if you repeat something enough times, then it gets considered to be true. But I reckon we have a mixture of judging the opposition on their non league past and expecting a win (by that reckoning, 90% of teams in League One should be beating us) and an anti Keith Hill agenda that is worryingly growing legs - and whilst the post match comments from a fortnight ago continue to be referred back to, an agenda is exactly what it is. Perhaps we're three games from "He's took us as far as he can"?

First half was probably our most controlling display of the season. I think by half time, Jamie Jones had only handled the ball once. Of course, you have to turn dominance into chances, and that was our downfall on Saturday, but it was a million miles from poor. Second half, they upped their game, and our own subs worked against us. I understood the need to keep Bennett in the middle rather than switch him to right back and despite all the grief he gets, we look a lot more threatening with Joe Bunney on the field rather than with Brandy. He's never going to go down the route of Lambert, Holt, Murray etc but for all his faults, the opposition defence look a lot more comfortable playing against Brandy rather than Bunney.

And then we had boos at the final whistle. Not by a majority, but not by one or two. And the difference between the two sides was a goal that should have been brought back for a foul on Bennett if the ref had shown the same consistency that saw Cannon booked in the first half. But there was nothing in Saturday's game that should have seen it warranted as being poor or deserving of boos (and let's not kid ourselves that these were against the referee who did well to not be fooled by Fleetwood's Colemanesque tactics in the latter parts of the game).

But we're now at the stage where Hill is damned for everything that happens - mostly on the back of the sale of Done and some comments after the Crewe game. You wanna see the difference Hill makes? Look at all the millions poured in down the road at JD, and their still struggling to hold on to our coat tails, and we as a club are set for years - healthy both on and off the pitch, and all without a penny of investment thrown in, and a youth set up ready to benefit us for the next 2 or 3 years.

Everything he does is to get the best out of the players, and I have no doubts that some Gladiator style rallying call about marching towards the Play Offs could have a detrimental effect on the players - that dreaded word Expectation is evidenced on here given the reaction to a defeat against Fleetwood. Keep things under the radar, and push for as high as we can get - it's worked every season for Hilly at Dale, so why should he look to change things now and set the players up to fail?

Maybe its a case of familiarity breeding contempt, and Hill's been here that long now (in total) that all the positives are simply taken for granted.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:01 - Mar 16 with 1744 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:03 - Mar 15 by beat_the_bishop

Good post and you obviously are as much a fan as the rest of us, season ticket holder for 14 years tells us that. So that's one post and 3 supporters who have stopped going to games, hope you come back at some stage because we can't afford to lose anybody.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:31 - Mar 16 with 1716 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:00 - Mar 16 by ColDale

Saturday was not poor. If you think that was poor, then there are some very short memories about. But if you repeat something enough times, then it gets considered to be true. But I reckon we have a mixture of judging the opposition on their non league past and expecting a win (by that reckoning, 90% of teams in League One should be beating us) and an anti Keith Hill agenda that is worryingly growing legs - and whilst the post match comments from a fortnight ago continue to be referred back to, an agenda is exactly what it is. Perhaps we're three games from "He's took us as far as he can"?

First half was probably our most controlling display of the season. I think by half time, Jamie Jones had only handled the ball once. Of course, you have to turn dominance into chances, and that was our downfall on Saturday, but it was a million miles from poor. Second half, they upped their game, and our own subs worked against us. I understood the need to keep Bennett in the middle rather than switch him to right back and despite all the grief he gets, we look a lot more threatening with Joe Bunney on the field rather than with Brandy. He's never going to go down the route of Lambert, Holt, Murray etc but for all his faults, the opposition defence look a lot more comfortable playing against Brandy rather than Bunney.

And then we had boos at the final whistle. Not by a majority, but not by one or two. And the difference between the two sides was a goal that should have been brought back for a foul on Bennett if the ref had shown the same consistency that saw Cannon booked in the first half. But there was nothing in Saturday's game that should have seen it warranted as being poor or deserving of boos (and let's not kid ourselves that these were against the referee who did well to not be fooled by Fleetwood's Colemanesque tactics in the latter parts of the game).

But we're now at the stage where Hill is damned for everything that happens - mostly on the back of the sale of Done and some comments after the Crewe game. You wanna see the difference Hill makes? Look at all the millions poured in down the road at JD, and their still struggling to hold on to our coat tails, and we as a club are set for years - healthy both on and off the pitch, and all without a penny of investment thrown in, and a youth set up ready to benefit us for the next 2 or 3 years.

Everything he does is to get the best out of the players, and I have no doubts that some Gladiator style rallying call about marching towards the Play Offs could have a detrimental effect on the players - that dreaded word Expectation is evidenced on here given the reaction to a defeat against Fleetwood. Keep things under the radar, and push for as high as we can get - it's worked every season for Hilly at Dale, so why should he look to change things now and set the players up to fail?

Maybe its a case of familiarity breeding contempt, and Hill's been here that long now (in total) that all the positives are simply taken for granted.

I think you are confusing what's happening on the pitch with off field events. I agree with you regarding Saturday's performance it wasn't bad but we had nothing up front. Comparing Bunney with Brandy means nothing really because neither are good enough,wasnt Brandy one of Hills ready made replacements?

Your anti Hill agenda is also wrong regarding what happens on the pitch, 90% of the time he gets it right. Playing Bunney at left back was criminal but he's countered that by not including BBM in the match day squads

Fans being annoyed at Hills post match comments,and there are now numerous to choose from, doesn't make them anti Hill. It makes them feel that their support isn't appreciated and they are well within their rights to respond.

Hill reaps what he sows but there is always method in his madness and he will never portray himself as a pipe and slippers man content to be in his own home. It's always a half empty glass for Hilly. Anti Hill is wrong though, I haven't come across any supporter who can seriously question what he puts out on the pitch nine times out of ten.

If we win tomorrow we will all be over the moon and slapping Hill and the players on the back but there's a fair chance the gloss will quickly be taken away following Hills post match interview. He only needs to comment about the game but he can't leave it at that, the Crewe game which you highlighted being the perfect example. It's not needed.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 7:46]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:46 - Mar 16 with 1696 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:01 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Good post and you obviously are as much a fan as the rest of us, season ticket holder for 14 years tells us that. So that's one post and 3 supporters who have stopped going to games, hope you come back at some stage because we can't afford to lose anybody.

we cant afford to lose any supporter... Making customers feel valued is the cornerstone of any business.

I made the OP so would like to clarify a couple of points.

I think Keith Hill has worked wonders with the team and is arguably the clubs greatest ever Manager. What he has done in turning the clubs fortune around on the pitch is nothing short of incredible.

Early in his first tenure there was a swagger - a belief - a team bursting with confidence looking like they would run through walls for Hilly and in turn the club. No Fear and Team Rochdale were buzz words and i would get to the ground at 12 midday on a saturday - I just couldnt wait to be part of it all.

In comparison whats currently happening now has to stop.. its like a PR disaster. Negative comments - feeling de energised - I forgot the score is 1000 times removed from Hill Mark 1 ( early days ).

I appreciate the need to keep a lid on fans expectation levels and keep the side under the radar but make us feel inclusive and valued dont mug us off.

Hillys ability as a Manager to get things right for us on the pitch has never been in doubt but his recent media performances have been stuff on nightmare for the club. I would be amazed if CD or CG havnt had a word. I certainly hope so.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:51 - Mar 16 with 1690 viewsisitme

An interesting and well made post that provides an insight into yours and some others' mindsets.

Just out of interest what would make you feel 'valued, wanted and respected'?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:58 - Mar 16 with 1681 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Look, all we want is a cross between Alex Ferguson and Carole Smillie. It's not much to ask is it?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 8:04]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:00 - Mar 16 with 1679 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 07:46 - Mar 16 by aleanddale

we cant afford to lose any supporter... Making customers feel valued is the cornerstone of any business.

I made the OP so would like to clarify a couple of points.

I think Keith Hill has worked wonders with the team and is arguably the clubs greatest ever Manager. What he has done in turning the clubs fortune around on the pitch is nothing short of incredible.

Early in his first tenure there was a swagger - a belief - a team bursting with confidence looking like they would run through walls for Hilly and in turn the club. No Fear and Team Rochdale were buzz words and i would get to the ground at 12 midday on a saturday - I just couldnt wait to be part of it all.

In comparison whats currently happening now has to stop.. its like a PR disaster. Negative comments - feeling de energised - I forgot the score is 1000 times removed from Hill Mark 1 ( early days ).

I appreciate the need to keep a lid on fans expectation levels and keep the side under the radar but make us feel inclusive and valued dont mug us off.

Hillys ability as a Manager to get things right for us on the pitch has never been in doubt but his recent media performances have been stuff on nightmare for the club. I would be amazed if CD or CG havnt had a word. I certainly hope so.

But there are some on here who don't see the damage his comments are causing, they don't even think some fans have decided to vote with their feet. Whatever he does he can do no wrong and how dare supporters even question him, those are the submissives though and are content to put up with anything as long as Hill stays at the club. To question him is seen as treason.

I have to disagree with one of your points though, Hill is the BEST manager we have ever had its not something we can really argue about I don't think. Put a microphone under his nose though and he turns into a train wreck.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:17 - Mar 16 with 1650 viewsisitme

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:00 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

But there are some on here who don't see the damage his comments are causing, they don't even think some fans have decided to vote with their feet. Whatever he does he can do no wrong and how dare supporters even question him, those are the submissives though and are content to put up with anything as long as Hill stays at the club. To question him is seen as treason.

I have to disagree with one of your points though, Hill is the BEST manager we have ever had its not something we can really argue about I don't think. Put a microphone under his nose though and he turns into a train wreck.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to question what he says is treason. Obviously people get annoyed, offended or upset about different things. If people choose to stay away because of his comments in interviews that is their choice. Personally I attend the games to watch the players play, rather than focus on what the manager says. Some people have short memories what things were like under Coleman. We were on the verge of being dragged into a relegation battle for League 2 survival. Hill in one season and on a lower budget took us up and this season looks to be one of consolidation in League One. We are in a much better financial situation that under Coleman and we have saleable assets coming through. I personally enjoy watching the development of players, especially after years of when players used to come to Rochdale to finish their careers.

Yes people are annoyed that Done was sold, but you cannot blame him for wanting a move, especially as 18 months ago he was unemployed, which was not so long ago after his big move to Crystal Palace was turned down whilst at Barnsley. Yes we do lack options in the final third and most people are crying out for Logan to make a speedy recover so that he can be signed in the summer. At the beginning of the season I expected a relegation struggle, which may still happen. To get into the play offs would have been beyond my wildest dreams. There are teams with the financial muscle that we just don't have in this division and a mid table finish with the squad of players we have would be an excellent achievement. That is not to say that next year, when some of the younger players gain more experience, with a few key additions that we cannot challenge for promotion next year. I suspect supporters of Burnley, Leicester and QPR would be happy to finish mid table after their promotion to the Premier League.

Eyre was all sweetness and light in interviews but it didn't help him much manage the team.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:28 - Mar 16 with 1627 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 08:17 - Mar 16 by isitme

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to question what he says is treason. Obviously people get annoyed, offended or upset about different things. If people choose to stay away because of his comments in interviews that is their choice. Personally I attend the games to watch the players play, rather than focus on what the manager says. Some people have short memories what things were like under Coleman. We were on the verge of being dragged into a relegation battle for League 2 survival. Hill in one season and on a lower budget took us up and this season looks to be one of consolidation in League One. We are in a much better financial situation that under Coleman and we have saleable assets coming through. I personally enjoy watching the development of players, especially after years of when players used to come to Rochdale to finish their careers.

Yes people are annoyed that Done was sold, but you cannot blame him for wanting a move, especially as 18 months ago he was unemployed, which was not so long ago after his big move to Crystal Palace was turned down whilst at Barnsley. Yes we do lack options in the final third and most people are crying out for Logan to make a speedy recover so that he can be signed in the summer. At the beginning of the season I expected a relegation struggle, which may still happen. To get into the play offs would have been beyond my wildest dreams. There are teams with the financial muscle that we just don't have in this division and a mid table finish with the squad of players we have would be an excellent achievement. That is not to say that next year, when some of the younger players gain more experience, with a few key additions that we cannot challenge for promotion next year. I suspect supporters of Burnley, Leicester and QPR would be happy to finish mid table after their promotion to the Premier League.

Eyre was all sweetness and light in interviews but it didn't help him much manage the team.

I don't think anybody expected a promotion push or a outside chance of the play offs but if the opportunity for a free hit presents itself why not go a little crazy, roll the dice and go for it. You could even go the full hog and tell the fans your intentions!! It's called creating a buzz and keeping the interest and it also puts bums on seats.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 8:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024