Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 34357 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 2376 viewsDaleiLama

"I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!"

Seems to me that this boils down to faith. In my opinion, it is not a binary option - go up this year or never go up. I believe that building and strengthening a squad and getting better every year is better than punching above your weight, sneaking up a division then coming straight back down. Yes, it would be a blast for a season but then it's back to square one like snakes and ladders.
How many times did we nearly make it out of L2 until we were so good we couldn't be denied? When we got to that point, we were (are) good enough to stay up in the next level. This squad isn't playing Championship level football now and good luck with trying to keep it there on the fly in one closed season - tv money or not. If KH keeps the upward momentum going, with the right signings and loans, we just may get to the point over the next few seasons where promotion can't be denied again and survival at the next level should then become much more likely.
Guess it's like the poker equivalent of trying to play the odds or going all in. Sometimes those big bets work, but a lot of the time they leave you skint.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:32 - Mar 17 with 2349 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:45 - Mar 17 by beat_the_bishop

A lot has been said since my original post about choosing not to bother.

Basically, I have 3 options on a Saturday:

- I can opt to work.
- I can opt to play amateur football.
- I can opt to go Dale.

I have let the club dictate my weekends for many years. Like we all do, we even book out holidays and weekends away around the fixtures. That's what fans do.

I have spent a lot of time over the years, and I mean A LOT of time preaching, persuading, campaigning to my friends and family to get them to pay some interest in Rochdale and get through the turnstile with me for undoubtedly the best entertainment the town can offer. I became abit of a stuck record with it during our first play off season, constantly harping on about how good they are, how lower league football has moved on, especially at Dale, and how fun it is watching Rochdale. On the back of that I managed to get 3 new season ticket holders. My dad, my dads friend and my best mate. When Hill had the 'No Fear, total football, attack attack attack' philosophy. They enjoyed it, they got to witness what I was rabbiting on about and ended up coming with me ever since.

I've done my bit there alone. So the last thing I want to hear is our own manager criticising the small minority of what is a big town who actually get off their backside, sacrifice their afternoon, their money, and some cases voice box to support their local team which has been starved of success for that long its difficult to see what the attraction actually is in the first place!

I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain.

I pay a percentage of Keith Hills wages. And I feel he doesn't give two sh*ts about me, my money or how I go about earning that money. He is one of the most arrogant men you will come across. And quite as to how he has come to that on the back of managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league I don't know. He didn't start off like that. People who don't appreciate their life, and the people in it get on my nerves. He has a fantastic job, one which all of us would probably call our dream job and sometimes he implies that it's nothing but a burden because he's heard a few groans. Without us, he is unemployed. Yes he would get work elsewhere but that's besides the point. Without us, he doesn't have a job. He needs to appreciate that.

I'm confident that if any of you went into your workplace today and criticised your enployer, your feet wouldn't touch the ground. He continuously does it time after time and some people are so far up his backside they would let him sleep with their wife. I am different, I don't like the man. He manages my club, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I find him arrogant, sarcastic, unappreciative and disrespectful. None of them traits can be found in any person I have time for in my life.

It's no secret to anyone and any manager the fanbase is what holds the club back. So in my opinion, the last thing I would do is build a wall between myself and them. Has he ever said anything nice about us? That's sincere and not been forced upon him by Dunphy? The top and bottom is, we need more fans. You don't go about that by slagging the ones off that actually do attend. That's just strange!

The team selections, decisions, attitude of late from Hill just irritate me. I sometimes get the impression that he does the opposite to what the fans want to see just to out right annoy us and ensure we are nothing but fans. His treatment towards Hery alone has annoyed me all season. And how he can just sit there and accept it is a credit to Hery because he has been treated like a naughty school boy, and that treatment would not get repeated on other certain players and we know it. He's favouritsmn is comical at times. Joe Bunney is the current day Joe Thompson. He will never play at League One or League Two level for a full season again once he leaves Rochdale. Most of us know it, and most of us said the same about Joe Thompson. Granted he got poorly but he got sussed out pretty quick at Tranmere.

The side is 2 good players and logical decisions away from the playoffs. When have we been played off the park this season? We have every right to challenge for the top 6. You don't get in the top 6 because you have a training ground, 10,000 fans and a stand with two tiers. You get in when you have scored enough goals across 46 games against other people with the same job title with the same end goal. If at the end you fall short it wasn't because your a small club, it's because you didn't accumulate enough points.

People read too much into the politics and 'if and buts' of promotion. I don't have the same support network, same 15 plate van, top of the range power tools, marketing team, range of uniform as British Gas operatives. But if you place a boiler in front of me, I will deliver the same if not better end product of a British Gas job. So I'm sorry, am I not good enough because I don't have the infrastructure? Or do my performances matter more?

I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!

But instead to be constantly reminded at how lucky we are, how much we are punching above our weight, blah blah. It's depressing and obvious. As a player pondering whether to sign for Rochdale, does that excite you??

I don't look to the future, and next season. You deal with the one that is put in front of you first. Next season might never come. Stranger things in life have happened.

If we signed a striker after losing Done, and game out and said 'yes we have lost Done, but that's football. We have signed a new striker to replicate them goals and continue towards our dream of reaching the playoffs. I hope the fans are on board for the ride, we deserve to be here, deserve to give it a shot and the players have already shown they are good enough, so why not go for it?'

If that was the case I would still be donning the same erection every week when heading towards Spotland. It's called excitement. And watching Rochdale of late just hasn't excited me, because in the back of my mind I know they deep down they don't have the same desire as me. And Keith Hill has transferred his 'de-energised' vibes into me. Knowing I am going to the game to play out the season just isn't for me. Not in the current climate when I have to think a little bit more with my money.

If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:53]

Fabulous post, agree with pretty much everything you say....There is one thing I would add, with regards to Hill having a go at the fans who do turn up on a freeze your arse off night is a disgrace. And it seems like Hill would have to vault the wall and machete his way through the fans before some on here would say a word against him, heads need collectively removing from his backside in my opinion....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:33 - Mar 17 with 2341 viewsR_AFC

If we win our two games in hand, we will have 53 points and 15+ goal difference. This would take us up to 6th place! There is plenty to be positive about, regardless of Hills negativity. May be unlikely, but theres a chance!

Crede Signo !

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:35 - Mar 17 with 2335 viewsfitzochris

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:32 - Mar 17 by MoonyDale

Fabulous post, agree with pretty much everything you say....There is one thing I would add, with regards to Hill having a go at the fans who do turn up on a freeze your arse off night is a disgrace. And it seems like Hill would have to vault the wall and machete his way through the fans before some on here would say a word against him, heads need collectively removing from his backside in my opinion....

Despite my stance, I have said before, I don't think Hilly should badmouth the fans. Some care, some don't - but either way it's negative comment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:17 - Mar 17 with 2258 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:33 - Mar 17 by R_AFC

If we win our two games in hand, we will have 53 points and 15+ goal difference. This would take us up to 6th place! There is plenty to be positive about, regardless of Hills negativity. May be unlikely, but theres a chance!

Crede Signo !

We could be in a play off spot sometime next week. We will have to start throwing games if that happens
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:17 - Mar 17 with 2252 viewsbeat_the_bishop

I guess I am a 'mard arse'.

But, whether I am or not it's important to consider that me and 3 other fans haven't been regular attenders since mid February. Some probably think 'good riddance' some probably think 'that's alarming'. Which ever one you side with its £72 plus any pies etc missing from the overall end of season figures. That's not down to the players, the only ones I don't particularly like are Bunney and Rose but I still cheer them on, they try and it's up to Hill to decide if they are trying in vain.

I simply opted out because of Hill's numerous rants and digs. And also the fact the board hide behind him. Apart from the FA Cup when Dunphy kept making cameo media appearances. But, even then he couldn't resist staying we are a 'small club, with only 2,000 fans, punching above our weight'. YES DUNPHY, I KNOW.

'This is what we are about at Dale, we are fighters, we aren't a big club but in 90 mins we will go toe to toe with anyone, we are working to get more fans through the door, what better way to do than constantly beating big clubs like Leeds and Forest, with some more fans behind us we will be breathing down their necks on a weekly basis, this club is going places, with our 5 games for the price of 3 (£45) offer why don't any listeners tonight get down and see for yourself, if you fail to come back i will be mightily shocked, we need you, we want you and with you we will be looking up the football pyramid and picking off our victims!'

The above I completely made up, obviously. But, it's not hard is it? He spend more time of the particular interview I listened to promoting and discussing his church heating business. I were left scratching my head for an hour baffled!

I just hate complacency. It's the worst. And then to add to that Hills constant snipes and the 'ready made replacements' theory left me questioning my commitment because I wasn't sure of the cause.

Now I play football on Saturday. Which helps channel my own ambition, drive and determination. When I win I have an amazing weekend, when I lose I have an awful weekend. But atleast I have some control over that. The latter can't said about current times watching Dale. When Lancashire came on Saturday I did a little sick in my mouth. We would still be playing now and not have scored!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 13:23]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:36 - Mar 17 with 2210 viewsaleanddale

Cracking post from Beat the Bishop.

I will not click on reply to post due to its length.

Mard arse - summed it up better than I could.

I keep repeating I love Hilly as our manager and he is a perfect fit for us. I hope he realises this as sometimes ( as with Barnsley ) you need to be careful what you wish for.

Up the Dale!!!

#teamrochdale

#nofear

#KHBA

Dale!!!! Dale!!! Dale!!!! Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:45 - Mar 17 with 2192 viewspioneer

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:20 - Mar 16 by BigDaveMyCock

Very well put but isn't the danger that the threat, whether actual or real, to veto games becomes a tool that can be used every time certain fans want to get their own way. The result of which is 'yes' men at the club who pander to people.
As I said, I assume the silent majority don't even listen to Hilly's after match comments and it really has absolutely no impact on them whatsoever. However, some seem intent on using this threat of non-attendance or self imposed bans from forums to essentially force their view.

Apologies, this was meant to a response to your most recent post bar one.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 20:37]

When the manager says the fans 'expectations' are unreasonable with regards to challenging for a play off position, even though the team has spent a fair few weeks in such a position it really is a turn off for potential customers - dont expect us to win, dont expect us to maintain what we have already achieved etc.

For die hard fans this will make no difference but for the marginal customer its not an attractive proposition. Neither is experimenting with team selections while the season is still alive.

Wouldn't it be better if he said (and acted) on the basis of we are going to give it our best shot, these opportunities dont come round to teams like Rochdale that often, we might not make it but it will be a hell of a ride for all those at the club, particularly the loyal supporters. What is he afraid of?

His words and actions recently have bred the current negativity being heard.
Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:01 - Mar 17 with 2154 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:17 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

We could be in a play off spot sometime next week. We will have to start throwing games if that happens

Its a shame we cant play Sheff Utd a few more times and get them promoted
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:21 - Mar 17 with 2109 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

And if tomorrow never comes????

Planning for next season is great, but we all know :-

If KH gets a job offer, he will leave.

If we get a half decent offer for any of our players, they will be sold.

We could start next season with a new manager, no Conrad Logan, no Jack O'Connell, no Hendo, no Jamie Allan, no Scott Tanser, no Stephen Dawson.

Then our aim will to finish 5th from bottom again!

The way the entire club has performed since the Stoke game has sent the message out that this is as good as it gets!

That does not excite people or make them want to part with their money!

The dream has been killed and we will always be little Rochdale sadly.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:22 - Mar 17 with 2103 viewsParkinsGimp

Spot on , Totally agree sir. I feel for the ones who buy into the "oh little Rochdale" we are punching above our weight. No we are not we got here on merit, and I doubt we would get promoted but at least lets have a try and not just give up FFS. If we won promotion we would of deserved that as well....and if we got battered every week , so what, you show me one Rochdale fan who wouldnt be absolutely delighted that we had gained promotion into Championship, just to enjoy that day.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:31 - Mar 17 with 2090 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:21 - Mar 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

We could start next season with a new manager, no Conrad Logan, no Jack O'Connell, no Hendo, no Jamie Allan, no Scott Tanser, no Stephen Dawson.

The way the entire club has performed since the Stoke game has sent the message out that this is as good as it gets!

Yes, apart from a brilliant performance at the league leaders and 3 superb home wins we've been shocking since Stoke.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:33 - Mar 17 with 2081 viewsParkinsGimp

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:21 - Mar 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Could Kim Jong Hill keep down a job at a "bigger" club, he is lucky fans at Dale are so patient and loyal. I couldnt see him getting away with comments like he does ,at say Blackburn, Bolton , Sheff Wed etc. And remember Keith there are a lot more moaners when the crowds increase LOL
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:34 - Mar 17 with 2074 viewsD_Alien

You've touched on an important point there.

Look what happened last time round. The squad that did us proud in finishing 9th in L1 in 2010/11 were decimated when KH left for Barnsley - a couple of weeks after saying he was going nowhere.

If KH were to receive an offer he couldn't refuse from elsewhere, would he be looking to take the likes of Dawson, Tanser, Allen, Hendo with him? And what about Cannon, Camps, Bell?

It's one thing to be "educating the players" whilst we sit in mid-table, it's another thing altogether if their education is geared towards the success of another club. Either this close season, or next? When are their contracts due for renewal? Yes, we might get some cash in the bank - and a fat lot of good that did us last time.

If I were Chris Dunphy, I'd be keeping a very close eye on what's happening both behind the scenes and out on the pitch. If KH has given private assurances that he's here for the long haul (and means it) then fair play to him. If not, then the heartfelt posts of people like Col could come back to haunt them.

[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 14:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:39 - Mar 17 with 2054 viewsTalkingSutty

Good post and it could easily happen.The first time a decent job comes along Hill will leave, players want the glory and promotions and our best ones will leave. This thread leaves me sad, some of our fans have lost the passion and the ability to dream. Without a fanbase to keep driving the club forward we don't have anything.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:43 - Mar 17 with 2045 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:33 - Mar 17 by ParkinsGimp

Could Kim Jong Hill keep down a job at a "bigger" club, he is lucky fans at Dale are so patient and loyal. I couldnt see him getting away with comments like he does ,at say Blackburn, Bolton , Sheff Wed etc. And remember Keith there are a lot more moaners when the crowds increase LOL

So patient? We've had nothing but success under Hill !!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:49 - Mar 17 with 2030 viewsaleanddale

I wouldn't say the dream is killed... We know our place unlike 90+ other clubs..

We even enjoy the underdog tag / adversity of always punching above our weight.

We can easily take defeat.

We can take stinking off days.

We can take relegation - all on the chin - dust ourselves down and go again.

That's why Hillys recent comments hurt some so much... Personally I am not hurting at all I just wish he hadn't said what he said!!

Will I be tuned in tonight on the wireless hoping for a goal to cheer and hopeful one or maybe 3 points? YES I will.

Spending cash at Spotland on Saturday?? YES 100%.

Cheering KHBA - YES again!!

The sad thing is all this could be put to bed with some intelligent fan manipulation words of encouragement from Hilly. I don't hold my breath to hear it but it doesn't mean I like being slagged off for spending £50 at the Crewe game!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 1992 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:31 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Yes, apart from a brilliant performance at the league leaders and 3 superb home wins we've been shocking since Stoke.

Hence "As a club"

I must have missed the update on the purchase of the ground.

I must have been wrong about the amateurish postponed game.

I cant have been looking the right way to have noticed our ready made replacements for MD.

I obviously thought we should have beaten Bristol City 8-0 as well as Crewe.

My customer journey for the Colchester game was to listen to KH belittling the fans, the programme seller greeting me with "your actually going to buy a programme are you tight arse" and some woman from the office trying to snatch my season ticket out of my hand!

As for the "superb" home wins, all very appreciated and much needed, but Chesterfield was a none event, Crewe was great and Colchester showed the value of having a good goal keeper.

I obviously expect to much from little Rochdale!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:22 - Mar 17 with 1931 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:04 - Mar 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Hence "As a club"

I must have missed the update on the purchase of the ground.

I must have been wrong about the amateurish postponed game.

I cant have been looking the right way to have noticed our ready made replacements for MD.

I obviously thought we should have beaten Bristol City 8-0 as well as Crewe.

My customer journey for the Colchester game was to listen to KH belittling the fans, the programme seller greeting me with "your actually going to buy a programme are you tight arse" and some woman from the office trying to snatch my season ticket out of my hand!

As for the "superb" home wins, all very appreciated and much needed, but Chesterfield was a none event, Crewe was great and Colchester showed the value of having a good goal keeper.

I obviously expect to much from little Rochdale!

You see there is also something else bugging me and sorry to mention it again but its the Done transfer.

I wasnt that fussed at the time because i imagined a fee close to a million pound, i dont know why but this is the thing that bugs me..... Done missed put on a transfer once under Keith Hill and the manager didnt want to stand in his way again. Excuse me but isnt Hills remit to do whats right for the club first?

Any other manager would have been up in arms selling their leading goalscorer in the final minutes of the transger window to a play off rival, yet Hilly seemed content. Thats not right, sell Done at the end of. the season.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:34 - Mar 17 with 1890 viewsdingdangblue

Its like bloody groundhog day this thread - cant wait for tonights game now should we win so we can all go back to talking about what a fantastic season we are having.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:42 - Mar 17 with 1858 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:34 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Its like bloody groundhog day this thread - cant wait for tonights game now should we win so we can all go back to talking about what a fantastic season we are having.

Me too DDB.

Sorry for starting it!!!

Up the Dale - we all have one thing in common we want to see the Dale do well!!!

3 points tonight and a rally cry for Saturday and we will all be back on track!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:43 - Mar 17 with 1856 viewsisitme

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:34 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

But are the team looking to play for the win tonight or are they playing to lose, just to annoy supporters?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:51 - Mar 17 with 1836 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:43 - Mar 17 by isitme

But are the team looking to play for the win tonight or are they playing to lose, just to annoy supporters?

No pre-match interview, so we'll have to wait and see!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:52 - Mar 17 with 1834 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:43 - Mar 17 by isitme

Hmmm. Tricky one that. I say WIN WIN WIN!!! We are definitely due!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:53 - Mar 17 with 1830 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:22 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

You see there is also something else bugging me and sorry to mention it again but its the Done transfer.

I wasnt that fussed at the time because i imagined a fee close to a million pound, i dont know why but this is the thing that bugs me..... Done missed put on a transfer once under Keith Hill and the manager didnt want to stand in his way again. Excuse me but isnt Hills remit to do whats right for the club first?

Any other manager would have been up in arms selling their leading goalscorer in the final minutes of the transger window to a play off rival, yet Hilly seemed content. Thats not right, sell Done at the end of. the season.

I said at the time TS exactly this after the Done sale,whilst also stating the club do not want promotion and got ridiculed on here with the usual "why wouldn't they" etc.
The club floats around league 1 Hilly keeps getting his extra slice of the cake and the clubs coffers are swelled like never before, everyone at the top of the tree's happy, wheres the problem guys?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024