Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 02:00 - Sep 14 with 43165 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2490 viewsmonmouth

Maybe Taylor acted the whiney tw@t behind closed doors as well as in public.

No loss. Can always switch Naughton in an emergency.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:10 - Sep 18 with 2474 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:07 - Sep 18 by tomdickharry

Its FF and Amat again,Guido is showing great faith with this pairing lets hope they repay him in full today without any silly errors,the game will be hard enough as it is.Point will be good result.

Got VDH on the bench, who he is says is NOT ready and not Mawson who he is says IS ready.
Wierd or what.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:10]
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 2438 viewsmajorraglan

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:07 - Sep 18 by tomdickharry

Its FF and Amat again,Guido is showing great faith with this pairing lets hope they repay him in full today without any silly errors,the game will be hard enough as it is.Point will be good result.

Maybe he doesn't think the others are ready for the Premier League yet.

Let's hope we can keep a clean sheet and Llorente and Baston find their shooting boots.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:18 - Sep 18 with 2376 viewsharryhpalmer

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:08 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Maybe Taylor acted the whiney tw@t behind closed doors as well as in public.

No loss. Can always switch Naughton in an emergency.

Naughton can cover left back. Neither Taylor nor Kingsley can cover if Kyle gets injured, so obvious for Angel to be the fullback sub.

plus he looked superb last week, when he came on. I'd personally start him.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:22 - Sep 18 with 2297 viewsharryhpalmer

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:07 - Sep 18 by JFSwan

4-3-3 , as we finished the Chelsea game.

Doesn't get the best from glyfi but he will be important out wide when we don't have the ball, this also releases fer through the middle

I don't think it is a 4-3-3.

I think it's a 4-2-1-2-1

Cork and Ki are the defensive shield, Fer ahead of them, pulling the strings.

Siggy staying closer to Llorente, narrow either side, and Mo operating wider on the opposite to where Siggy is playing.

Mo and Siggy to help cover the fullback defensively.

Then we have loads of attacking options off the bench with Borja, Jeff and Wayne on the bench.

Interesting set up, and caused Chelsea enough problems second half. I fancy us for opts today with that line-up.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:28 - Sep 18 with 2191 viewsjackjackjackjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:22 - Sep 18 by harryhpalmer

I don't think it is a 4-3-3.

I think it's a 4-2-1-2-1

Cork and Ki are the defensive shield, Fer ahead of them, pulling the strings.

Siggy staying closer to Llorente, narrow either side, and Mo operating wider on the opposite to where Siggy is playing.

Mo and Siggy to help cover the fullback defensively.

Then we have loads of attacking options off the bench with Borja, Jeff and Wayne on the bench.

Interesting set up, and caused Chelsea enough problems second half. I fancy us for opts today with that line-up.

In an interview afterwards Guidolin described the formation as 4-3-2-1. Not that it really matters.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:31 - Sep 18 with 2126 viewsdailew

Stoke 2 down already.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:34 - Sep 18 with 2063 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Joey will be a bargain again by the time we have room for him

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:35 - Sep 18 with 2047 viewsSheffieldjack

If our full backs don't get into position when Southampton have the ball we'll pay the price sooner or later.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:36 - Sep 18 with 2015 viewsLeonisGod

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:31 - Sep 18 by dailew

Stoke 2 down already.

Funny old game innit. Stoke can't buy a result after finishing really well last season. Not that I mind
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 1942 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:35 - Sep 18 by Sheffieldjack

If our full backs don't get into position when Southampton have the ball we'll pay the price sooner or later.

Do you mean making the back four flat? I'm pretty sure they're under orders to stay as pushed as they can these days as we set up to counter attack a lot.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 1924 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We are so slow on the ball

Leon for Cork - maybe around the 41 minute mark

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:40 - Sep 18 with 1912 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Oof hymns and arias roundly booed as we nearly score!

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:41 - Sep 18 with 1858 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Sep 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

We are so slow on the ball

Leon for Cork - maybe around the 41 minute mark

Hahaha maybe he could wait until the 43rd

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 1840 viewstherealme

Remember when we used to play our way out of trouble? instead of booting it hopelessly up field?

Good times.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 1838 viewsPegojack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:34 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Joey will be a bargain again by the time we have room for him

Wouldn't have Joey back to be honest, I don't think he's a significant improvement on what we've got.
Would probably take Wilf back because I think we suit each other's style, but think his stock is falling rapidly too.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 1807 viewsmonmouth

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:31 - Sep 18 by dailew

Stoke 2 down already.

Allen's been man of the match so far though...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 1772 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Sep 18 by Pegojack

Wouldn't have Joey back to be honest, I don't think he's a significant improvement on what we've got.
Would probably take Wilf back because I think we suit each other's style, but think his stock is falling rapidly too.

Never say never. He'll be linked every year until he retires

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 1747 viewsSheffieldjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:36 - Sep 18 by LeonisGod

Funny old game innit. Stoke can't buy a result after finishing really well last season. Not that I mind

Probably has something to do with the fact that their defensive strategy last season revolved around wrestling opponents off the ball - especially at free kicks and corners. Not so easy to do that this season?
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:46 - Sep 18 with 1675 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Good recovery tackle from Barrow, like to see that after his minge like ball in caused their counter

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:48 - Sep 18 with 1630 viewsSheffieldjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:39 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Do you mean making the back four flat? I'm pretty sure they're under orders to stay as pushed as they can these days as we set up to counter attack a lot.

Fine when we have the ball. But when we lose possession they need to get back into position quickly. Redmond has plenty of pace if he's left up against a centre half with no cover.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:50 - Sep 18 with 1560 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I'm liking our shape at the moment. Monks note book would have GAME MANAGEMENT excitedly written out 100 times in green crayon by now

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:51 - Sep 18 with 1539 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Be nice to see some creative play though

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:51 - Sep 18 with 1505 viewsBorojack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:46 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Good recovery tackle from Barrow, like to see that after his minge like ball in caused their counter

Is Baston on the bench sorry if mentioned earlier not read the whole thread

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:53 - Sep 18 with 1459 viewslonglostjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:51 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Be nice to see some creative play though

Yep need more movement of the ball in final third.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024