Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 02:00 - Sep 14 with 43166 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:01 - Sep 18 with 2167 viewsPozuelosSideys

So what are the positives there then?

I can think of it still being 0-0 and thats about it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Sep 18 with 2158 viewsGriffting

Cutting through us like butter the last 10 minutes. Shocking. How are we not 1 or 2 down.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Sep 18 with 2136 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think we're OK. Little tweak and we can get a goal. Just need to watch the movement of their from three when they break

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2085 viewsItchySphincter

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

I think we're OK. Little tweak and we can get a goal. Just need to watch the movement of their from three when they break

We're poor, and so are they.

Thank God we never signed Redmond.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2069 viewscontroversial_jack

What's wrong with siggy, he's gash!
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2069 viewsjack_lord

I'm not sure if it is my stream but are the midfielders on the pitch?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

N/A. on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2061 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:26]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2052 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

We're poor, and so are they.

Thank God we never signed Redmond.

Apart from shooting I thought redmond has been good

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 2045 viewsSheffieldjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

If that's us doing OK I wouldn't like to see us when we're not doing OK!
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:05 - Sep 18 with 2033 viewsskippyjack

We're doing alright... should be 1-0 half time.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:05 - Sep 18 with 2023 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 by Sheffieldjack

If that's us doing OK I wouldn't like to see us when we're not doing OK!

They were very long years.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:06 - Sep 18 with 2000 viewsmonmouth

Our defence is...um...a bit patchy. Fernandez still diving in like a parks player.

Sigurdsson again probably the worst player on the pitch. Llorente as threatening as Graham norton in the box and the whole team has the speed of a glacier with the ball. It's almost like we are waiting for southamton to score before we show any real intention of trying to do the same.

We're hard to watch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 1912 viewsshandyjack

the biggest difference between the two teams is the pace in which Saints attack. we are so slow and boring in attack

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 1888 viewsWhiterockin

Kingsley is being pulled out of position all the time. Bring Baston on for Ki and play 4-4-2.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 1884 viewsStarsky

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:06 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Our defence is...um...a bit patchy. Fernandez still diving in like a parks player.

Sigurdsson again probably the worst player on the pitch. Llorente as threatening as Graham norton in the box and the whole team has the speed of a glacier with the ball. It's almost like we are waiting for southamton to score before we show any real intention of trying to do the same.

We're hard to watch.

Please let Baston come on and let's get some shots on target ffs.
Oh and take Ki off too

It's just the internet, init.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 18 with 1869 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:01 - Sep 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

Need to get more bodies in the final 3rd - bring on the Jeff for Ki I reckon

Come to think of it has Ki made forward pass?
Most of our defence and mid field are very slow to get it out to the wings, it is almost as if they lack the confidence to kick the ball more than 5 yards.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 18 with 1868 viewsSheffieldjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:05 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Do you remember when we had Lenny Allchurch on the wing?
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 18 with 1852 viewslondonlisa2001

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:04 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

What's wrong with siggy, he's gash!

I agree with you.

People moan about Fer or Ki but the actual problem that half was Siggy - no movement and stupid flicks that lose the ball. He is a passenger at the moment and it's the main reason there is complete isolation of Llorente.

Barrow isn't doing much better either, which is why there are gaps down our right side all the time.

Some players just get away with no criticism.

Siggy is always a goal threat for us, but so far this season he has played very badly - the issue is that we bought no other option so can't really remove him. May as well go to 2 wingers now unless we can significantly up our movement and pressurise the ball more. We look lethargic.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Sep 18 with 1824 viewsjojaca

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:05 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

Rode our luck at the end of half, frustrated with Siggy and our general attack play. No runners off the ball, too much dwelling on ball.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Sep 18 with 1803 viewsMattG

Decent in patches but poor for most of that half. Seems to be a lack of communication between Cork, Ki and Fer meaning they have all been drawn to the ball a few times and then taken out of the game by one decent pass. I think we need to be more positive and might even suggest that Siggy is the one to make way for Jeff in a more traditional 4-3-3.

Thought the booking for Long was spot on - as soon as he played the ball past Fernandez he threw both feet out behind him whereas, if he'd stayed on his feet, Fed would probably have taken him out.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 1761 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

People moan about Fer or Ki but the actual problem that half was Siggy - no movement and stupid flicks that lose the ball. He is a passenger at the moment and it's the main reason there is complete isolation of Llorente.

Barrow isn't doing much better either, which is why there are gaps down our right side all the time.

Some players just get away with no criticism.

Siggy is always a goal threat for us, but so far this season he has played very badly - the issue is that we bought no other option so can't really remove him. May as well go to 2 wingers now unless we can significantly up our movement and pressurise the ball more. We look lethargic.

The solution to that is either move Fer further forward and bring Britton on..

Or

4-4-2 with Baston and Llorente.. and i suspect this may end up being what we start doing at some point

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 1748 viewsjacabertawe

We don't know what we're doing
We don't know what we're doing.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 1734 viewsMorganator100

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:06 - Sep 18 by monmouth

We're hard to watch.

How can you say it's our defence????? They are getting no protection. Barrow isn't working back at all and is caught ball watching. Fer is also a lazy player in his defensive duties.

LLorente is an isolated figure, he needs support. Every time he gets the ball, 3 Soton players crowd him out. That's due to lack of support.

Kingsley as a defender is a level down on Taylor. Maybe better going forward but I want to see a full back to his primary role first which is to defend.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 1733 viewsnierika

Not very good outside of 5'-15'. How long do we have to wait for Borja to come on? Cant be much more toothless!

Also I want to see Montero come on
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 15:14]
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:15 - Sep 18 with 1613 viewslondonlisa2001

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:11 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

The solution to that is either move Fer further forward and bring Britton on..

Or

4-4-2 with Baston and Llorente.. and i suspect this may end up being what we start doing at some point

Actually Leon on and Fer moved forward with Siggy off is a good shout.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024