Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford in the Football League. 16:44 - May 11 with 10209 viewsjoecooke

They have thrown plenty of dosh at it but you still have to do it.

I think they will be a force next season in League 2.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Salford in the Football League. on 20:17 - May 11 with 3791 viewsdavidab2202

Salford in the Football League. on 19:25 - May 11 by ArthurDaley

They were bank rolling their accountants cocaine habit and an on line model as well. Although they were never physical . ( ok ). Only found out after he had had 250k.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/accountant-jailed-after-stealing-2

Amazed that a non league club even with their financial backing didn't miss a quarter of a million pound sooner than they did.
Salford in the Football League. on 20:21 - May 11 with 3787 viewsBartRowou

Had Wrexham got promoted this year, they would have had claim to be the oldest league club because of Notts County's relegation and Stoke City's lies.
Wrexham were formed in 1864 although their longevity becomes questionable as they disbanded in the 1880s and returned as a new club, Wrexham Olympic.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Salford in the Football League. on 20:44 - May 11 with 3721 viewsjoecooke

Salford in the Football League. on 19:50 - May 11 by Shun

The trouble is with Salford’s vicinity to Old Trafford the vast majority of Salfordian football fans will see United as their local club.

Your right that most people in Salford are United fans but the vast majority cant afford the cost of going to a game.

If Salford price it right and provide cask beer and decent food at reasonable prices like they do currently,then they will attract quite a few fans i reckon.

I have seen this model at a few non league grounds this season and i think its something that Dale could adopt to make the match day experience far better than it is now.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Salford in the Football League. on 21:06 - May 11 with 3678 viewsAncoats_Blue

Salford in the Football League. on 20:44 - May 11 by joecooke

Your right that most people in Salford are United fans but the vast majority cant afford the cost of going to a game.

If Salford price it right and provide cask beer and decent food at reasonable prices like they do currently,then they will attract quite a few fans i reckon.

I have seen this model at a few non league grounds this season and i think its something that Dale could adopt to make the match day experience far better than it is now.

You’re right there. Catering at a lot of non league grounds , Salford being a prime example, is far better than what I’ve experienced in leagues 1 and 2.

Salford have a cracking selection of food and drink on offer. Makes for a good day out. Certainly better than Luke warm pies and ropey beer up at Spotland.
Salford in the Football League. on 21:11 - May 11 with 3664 viewsD_Alien

Salford in the Football League. on 21:06 - May 11 by Ancoats_Blue

You’re right there. Catering at a lot of non league grounds , Salford being a prime example, is far better than what I’ve experienced in leagues 1 and 2.

Salford have a cracking selection of food and drink on offer. Makes for a good day out. Certainly better than Luke warm pies and ropey beer up at Spotland.

Dale's ale is proper shite

Money for old ropey

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Salford in the Football League. on 00:10 - May 12 with 3513 viewsDiddyDave

Well at least it`s a Northern success story,what`s wrong with a few ex United players putting some their money back into the game? Makes a change from foreign billionaires who know nowt about the game,coming in with crackpot ideas and expecting instant glory. So I say good on the Class of `92,investing a few bob into the city of Salford.
Salford in the Football League. on 09:36 - May 12 with 3302 views1907

Salford in the Football League. on 00:10 - May 12 by DiddyDave

Well at least it`s a Northern success story,what`s wrong with a few ex United players putting some their money back into the game? Makes a change from foreign billionaires who know nowt about the game,coming in with crackpot ideas and expecting instant glory. So I say good on the Class of `92,investing a few bob into the city of Salford.

The last thing Greater Manchester needs is another League Club. There’s already too many.

I hate Salford. Just like a non league Man City.

Will be interesting to see the squad they start with. They certainly can’t afford the one they’ve got under FFP.
Salford in the Football League. on 09:42 - May 12 with 3294 viewsSuddenLad

Salford in the Football League. on 00:10 - May 12 by DiddyDave

Do you mean like their financial backer, Peter Lim, billionaire ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Salford in the Football League. on 10:05 - May 12 with 3244 viewsfrenzied

I see that AFC Fyldes old accountant got 32 months for stealing just short of £250,00 from them ..Chorley were another club several years ago that suffered a similar experience..i hope Salford aren't leaving it to "posh Beckham " to check the books!!!
Salford in the Football League. on 10:42 - May 12 with 3199 viewsdalelee

Resentment from me partly dates back to when we was perennial strugglers. For many years we would have bee likely victims to automatic promotion/relegation, so I guess there is a feeling of entitlement and would always wish for York, Stockport, Wrexham, Hartlepool, Darlington et al to regain their league status.

Ive got no ill feeling towards clubs such Morecambe who have shown ambition, and relatively speaking, lived within their means. Its clubs such as Forest Green, Salford and Fleetwood, who have thrown money at it that I resent. Long term is their spending sustainable? As an example, if an Ollie Rathbone was released by Man U this summer, and Salford rivalled us for his signature. They would probably offer him 2 or 3 times the wages we could, if they really wanted him. Its clubs like Salford that are not only a challenge to the status quo, but to sensible economics for clubs like us.

What Salford have done that has been impressive, as joecooke states, is provide a quality match day experience. Whats stopping clubs like ourselves from providing cask ales, quality food etc instead of the overpriced bland rubbish we have always had to put up with?
Salford in the Football League. on 11:22 - May 12 with 3145 viewsjonahwhereru

Salford in the Football League. on 18:14 - May 11 by scarrow

Strange one today didn't either rich mens play things to go up. Dislike Salford and what they stand for. Do not want to see them suceed

Salford just remind me of Blackburn at the start of the Walker days.

The way they have gone about achieving success has been so crass. Signing Rooney from Aberdeen being a prime example as well as Redshaw. Their reaching the football league could have been a considerable achievement had they been more sporting and fair minded about their playing and management recruitment. Signing players from leagues 3 above your own is not vary fair minded. They could have got to the same position by having a recruitment model that plucked the best from lower down the pyramid. For certain their business model will need to change now. They may use the owners clout to get 7 premier league loanees in, and I don’t mean the Ethan Hamilton’s of this world. However as for permanent signings I think signing premier league players will be beyond them. That said buying in solid championship players with a few experienced premier league loanees should see them climb out of L2 soon enough. Thereafter how patient will the owners be?
So Salford are not for me. I hope it unravels and the likes of Solihull will get the change reach the football league with a dignified ethos.
Salford in the Football League. on 13:33 - May 12 with 3041 viewsTVOS1907

Salford in the Football League. on 10:42 - May 12 by dalelee

Resentment from me partly dates back to when we was perennial strugglers. For many years we would have bee likely victims to automatic promotion/relegation, so I guess there is a feeling of entitlement and would always wish for York, Stockport, Wrexham, Hartlepool, Darlington et al to regain their league status.

Ive got no ill feeling towards clubs such Morecambe who have shown ambition, and relatively speaking, lived within their means. Its clubs such as Forest Green, Salford and Fleetwood, who have thrown money at it that I resent. Long term is their spending sustainable? As an example, if an Ollie Rathbone was released by Man U this summer, and Salford rivalled us for his signature. They would probably offer him 2 or 3 times the wages we could, if they really wanted him. Its clubs like Salford that are not only a challenge to the status quo, but to sensible economics for clubs like us.

What Salford have done that has been impressive, as joecooke states, is provide a quality match day experience. Whats stopping clubs like ourselves from providing cask ales, quality food etc instead of the overpriced bland rubbish we have always had to put up with?

Some excellent points there, although one of my worries is it could be the current Ollie Rathbone who is tempted by the sort of contract Salford will offer.

Gary Neville was quoted yesterday as saying they would start to announce their recruitment as of 8am on Monday...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Salford in the Football League. on 13:39 - May 12 with 3022 viewspioneer

Salford in the Football League. on 09:36 - May 12 by 1907

The last thing Greater Manchester needs is another League Club. There’s already too many.

I hate Salford. Just like a non league Man City.

Will be interesting to see the squad they start with. They certainly can’t afford the one they’ve got under FFP.

natural selection and the courts may mean even with Salford entering we might have one less team in GM....
Salford in the Football League. on 07:57 - May 13 with 2764 viewsEllDale

If I was a Bury fan I might be a bit miffed that the Nevilles didn't put their money into Gigg Lane rather than Salford given the family connections there.
Having said that I think that Gary is too shrewd to have invested in the Day regime.
And he seems to be the main driving force behind Salford going off the documentary series that was made when they first took over.
I'm not sure that Salford is a vanity project as such. Or at least it wasn't when they originally bought into the club.
Whether or not they've been dazzled by success which has twisted their original objectives since then remains to be seen.
Salford in the Football League. on 08:45 - May 13 with 2705 viewskel

Salford in the Football League. on 07:57 - May 13 by EllDale

If I was a Bury fan I might be a bit miffed that the Nevilles didn't put their money into Gigg Lane rather than Salford given the family connections there.
Having said that I think that Gary is too shrewd to have invested in the Day regime.
And he seems to be the main driving force behind Salford going off the documentary series that was made when they first took over.
I'm not sure that Salford is a vanity project as such. Or at least it wasn't when they originally bought into the club.
Whether or not they've been dazzled by success which has twisted their original objectives since then remains to be seen.

bury fans seem to have the impression that anybody from the area with a bit of wealth should be stepping in to help every time they end up on their arse due to ridiculous ambitions and overspending. The begging to Umar Kamani on twitter has been one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen on the internet.

Perhaps the novel idea of living within your means should be applied on occasion.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 8:45]
Salford in the Football League. on 11:08 - May 13 with 2567 viewsaleanddale

Salford in the Football League. on 08:45 - May 13 by kel

bury fans seem to have the impression that anybody from the area with a bit of wealth should be stepping in to help every time they end up on their arse due to ridiculous ambitions and overspending. The begging to Umar Kamani on twitter has been one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen on the internet.

Perhaps the novel idea of living within your means should be applied on occasion.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 8:45]

No problem with Salford doing what Fleetwood and Forest Green have done before them.

Good luck to them in the football league even though some of our potential targets could be swayed by the rich consortia and choose Salford over Dale.

As for the bury fans they are slowly waking up after the 5 years of white chocolate smeared faces lapping up every milky bar Day through them.

#5yearslivingbeyondyourmeans
Salford in the Football League. on 20:25 - May 13 with 2361 viewswimborne_dale

Dirty Old Town.😉

Edgar Allan's Crow

Salford in the Football League. on 18:30 - Jun 1 with 1895 viewsD_Dale

Salford in the Football League. on 11:08 - May 13 by aleanddale

No problem with Salford doing what Fleetwood and Forest Green have done before them.

Good luck to them in the football league even though some of our potential targets could be swayed by the rich consortia and choose Salford over Dale.

As for the bury fans they are slowly waking up after the 5 years of white chocolate smeared faces lapping up every milky bar Day through them.

#5yearslivingbeyondyourmeans

Scott Wiseman has signed for another season.

Salford's new signing Richie Towell is the sort of player Dale might have been interested in (not least given his Irishness!), but it'd not surprise me if he's on a bigger salary than BMM could offer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48479419
Salford in the Football League. on 19:08 - Jun 1 with 1837 viewsmingthemerciless

Salford in the Football League. on 18:30 - Jun 1 by D_Dale

Salford's new signing Richie Towell is the sort of player Dale might have been interested in (not least given his Irishness!), but it'd not surprise me if he's on a bigger salary than BMM could offer.

One of Rotherham's top players apparently.
Salford in the Football League. on 19:12 - Jun 1 with 1826 viewsfitzochris

Salford in the Football League. on 18:30 - Jun 1 by D_Dale

Rotherham offered him a contract and Salford wiped the floor with it. Just shows how far behind we are now. It’s times like this that a cracking youth academy becomes worth its weight in gold.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024