Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list 12:06 - Jun 19 with 6762 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/releasedretainedlist2020/

Not much of a surprise. Would half expect some to re-sign when we know more about next season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Released list on 12:08 - Jun 19 with 4372 viewsoddjob007

What’s the craic with Camps? Have we forfeited a fee for him by releasing him?
Released list on 12:11 - Jun 19 with 4306 viewsboromat

Yep seems very much the sensible thing to do from a financial point of view.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Released list on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 4182 viewsseasidedale

Think in a way it’s what we expected with finances the way they are, mind we won’t be the only club in this position
Released list on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 4177 viewsD_Alien

With Camps as a free agent, it'll be interesting to see if a club higher up the food chain, or with more immediate ambitions to progress higher, is willing to sign him alongside competition from the many other free agents now becoming available

This next season is make or break time for him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 4180 viewsdawlishdale

Released list on 12:08 - Jun 19 by oddjob007

Camps is 24, so we aren't entitled to a fee for him. I did hear that we accepted a bid for him in January, but the player declined the move. Doesn't look like we offered him a new deal.
Released list on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 4111 viewsisitme

Released list on 12:08 - Jun 19 by oddjob007

He was too old to command any compensation and probably as with Henderson had been offered a contract but not on the terms he was looking for.

I suppose all teams are playing a waiting game until what is happening with next season has been decided. As soon as clubs start formal training all players have to be brought off furlough. I suspect they will all leave it until as late as possible to do so and that lots of out of contract players will be in limbo.

Pleased for Joe Dunne and giving the young players a one year extension also makes sense as they will fill out the bottom end of the squad. There looks to be a lot of 'bigger earners' released there so at least it gives some flexibility in recruitment for the future.
Released list on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 4098 viewsrkershaw

Released list on 12:18 - Jun 19 by dawlishdale

Camps is 24, so we aren't entitled to a fee for him. I did hear that we accepted a bid for him in January, but the player declined the move. Doesn't look like we offered him a new deal.

Soooooo then.......BBM is going get to be his own manager after all........exciting times ahead!! :)
Released list on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 4098 viewsDaleFan7

No surprises really and Henderson aside, not really any disappointments imo.

Like people have said in the other thread, Henderson has been a great servant to the club and the most consistent and valuable player we've had in the last 20 years. However, the club cant bankrupt itself to keep him for another year or two. We know we'd have been relegated without him for the last 3 seasons but it is what it is.

Not too bothered about Camps, seemed to regress rather than progress and I think Morley and Rathbone are better players. It's a position we have a lot of depth in.

The others I would have expected them all to be released regardless of the Covid situation, most were decent on their day but they didn't really have their days enough, especially some of the higher earners.
Login to get fewer ads

Released list on 12:24 - Jun 19 with 4075 viewsSandyman

Mixed feelings. Leaves a big hole in the squad and are the "kids" really ready yet?
Looks like we're waiting to see when the season will start and what money will be coming in before signing anybody. Can see the financial sense in that but can also see us struggling to recruit well. There will be clubs who will be skint and still signing players up, but they'll end up like bury.
Released list on 12:24 - Jun 19 with 4065 viewsTalkingSutty

Released list on 12:18 - Jun 19 by seasidedale

Think in a way it’s what we expected with finances the way they are, mind we won’t be the only club in this position

Why, how are the finances?
Released list on 12:28 - Jun 19 with 4003 viewsNorthernDale

Camps is 24, so we cannot claim a fee, I have no doubt that he as already received better offers. Henderson decision is a joke, he is the only one that scores for us and his goals have been a key factor in keeping us in league 1 for so many years. He is worth the money, but I suspect that we are going on the cheap, but no good route. I would not be surprised that the signings for next season will be rubbish free transfers from league 2 or the conference. The boards ambition for the club is obvious - league 2.
Released list on 12:32 - Jun 19 with 3955 viewsTVOS1907

Released list on 12:28 - Jun 19 by NorthernDale

Camps is 24, so we cannot claim a fee, I have no doubt that he as already received better offers. Henderson decision is a joke, he is the only one that scores for us and his goals have been a key factor in keeping us in league 1 for so many years. He is worth the money, but I suspect that we are going on the cheap, but no good route. I would not be surprised that the signings for next season will be rubbish free transfers from league 2 or the conference. The boards ambition for the club is obvious - league 2.

You probably need to read the other thread about Henderson.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Released list on 12:36 - Jun 19 with 3895 viewsShun

Similar thoughts to Sandyman. The decisions make sense but we are now left with a pretty huge hole in the squad. I would assume BBM has known about this plan for the past few months though and already has a list drawn up of potential replacements.

Really surprised about Camps, but understandable in the current climate.
Released list on 12:44 - Jun 19 with 3792 viewsSaxonDale

No real surprises given the uncertainty of finances in the FL next season it'd be difficult to come up with a number for what a player is worth in this climate. I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs end up releasing players then resigning them later on in the summer when they have a better overall idea of finances and the league's future.
Released list on 12:45 - Jun 19 with 3780 viewsfunkkk

Gutted about Hendo and Camps but completely understand it from the club's point of view. I wish them both well and hope Camps is given the opportunity to prove his doubters wrong.

I'd rather the club was financially sensible and makes sure we still have a club to support, if that's in League 2 I can deal with it.

Edit: Re Henderson - if the club has been negotiating with him throughout the season, with little success, how do people suppose we can now get him to agree terms? We simply aren't in a position to be offering out bumper contracts regardless of how good he is.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 12:50]
Released list on 12:46 - Jun 19 with 3771 viewsscarrow

Camps is the only surprise for me - he could have been offered a deal from a 'bigger' club though. Part of me wouldn't be surprised though if he gets a deal sorted at Dale when there's concrete information about starting a new season.

Poll: Final position

Released list on 12:58 - Jun 19 with 3655 viewsboromat

Released list on 12:46 - Jun 19 by scarrow

Camps is the only surprise for me - he could have been offered a deal from a 'bigger' club though. Part of me wouldn't be surprised though if he gets a deal sorted at Dale when there's concrete information about starting a new season.

Yeah I was wondering that as well! Especially with him declining a move in January.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Released list on 13:03 - Jun 19 with 3603 viewsEllDale

I had it in my head that Matty Done's contract was up as well. Obviously not.
Expensive squad player under the present circumstances.
Released list on 13:06 - Jun 19 with 3571 viewsD_Alien

Released list on 12:58 - Jun 19 by boromat

Yeah I was wondering that as well! Especially with him declining a move in January.

Camps declining a move in January can only really have been for one of two reasons:

Either he didn't fancy the move to wherever purely on the basis of the club making the offer, or because he thought he'd be in line for a more lucrative offer as a free agent. We may never know which but if it was the latter, after nurturing him from an early age and not allowing Dale some financial benefit, that doesn't sit right with me and with that uncertainty i'm not inclined to be bothered whether he gets his wish in a very different financial climate this summer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list on 13:18 - Jun 19 with 3444 viewsBartRowou

You have 300,000K. Do you:

a) use it to help make up the extra Henderson wanted
or
b) spend it on a new pitch?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Released list on 13:19 - Jun 19 with 3423 views49thseason

I dont think Camps has improved much since he broke into the first team, the meningitis didnt help but here are very few matches where he has has really stamped himself onto the game. He has talent but seems to lack application.
Released list on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 3352 viewsseasidedale

I meant, Talkingsutty, the uncertainacy of little to no income, uncertainacy of when season starts and when crowds will be allowed, it would as everyone agree be stupid to pay out big contract with no money.
Released list on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 3260 viewsTalkingSutty

Released list on 13:28 - Jun 19 by seasidedale

I meant, Talkingsutty, the uncertainacy of little to no income, uncertainacy of when season starts and when crowds will be allowed, it would as everyone agree be stupid to pay out big contract with no money.

Thanks for the reply and agree with you. I thought you was implying that the Club was skint.
Released list on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 3160 viewsYouTubeDale

All eyes now turn to BBM to make it work whatever the financial constraints. I was talking a while ago to people in the know about BBM and it was said that he is one of the best networked person in the business and he seems to be on good terms with them. With that in mind we have the right man at the helm helping to steer us through whatever is thrown at us.

Can't bear to see Hendo play in another team and that says it all for me.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 14:01]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Released list on 14:29 - Jun 19 with 3020 viewsDaleiLama

Released list on 13:06 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

Camps declining a move in January can only really have been for one of two reasons:

Either he didn't fancy the move to wherever purely on the basis of the club making the offer, or because he thought he'd be in line for a more lucrative offer as a free agent. We may never know which but if it was the latter, after nurturing him from an early age and not allowing Dale some financial benefit, that doesn't sit right with me and with that uncertainty i'm not inclined to be bothered whether he gets his wish in a very different financial climate this summer

Not looking too much like he'll be back from this ……….?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024