Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale 16:45 - Jan 18 with 13948 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53946/match-preview-doncast

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 2741 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:02 - Jan 19 by boromat

Referee had a decent game apart from protecting Baah. They were all soft fouls but the repeated bringing him down should have meant bookings.

A tight match that I think we played very well in we were never out of the game and Donny were fortunate to take the 3 points it really could have gone either way. Yes it wasn't the type of exciting game we've had recently but it's what we needed.

Couple of special mentions firstly Dooley given him stick over the last week or so but he played well tonight in the main. He does seem to be a confidence player so hopefully he can build on that.

Secondly Morley for a young lad who is definitely not a centre back he was superb tonight very calm and played very well. You could argue he was still a threat as well with some of his balls forward.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 21:13]

Charlton very fortunate to take 3 points as they lost tonight

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Jan 19 with 2693 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

And looking on the bright side, we're better off than we were at 7pm as we've gained three goals on AFC Wimbledon. Happy days.....

One might say we scored 0.49 goals tonight, too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 2653 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

One might say we scored 0.49 goals tonight, too

Which half?

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Jan 19 with 2601 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Jan 19 by DaleiLama

Charlton very fortunate to take 3 points as they lost tonight

Edited now not sure how I did that, games must be coming too fast for me nowadays to keep up 😂

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:22 - Jan 19 with 2539 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Jan 19 by DaleiLama

Which half?

Probably the first 0.5, given we had 6 shots in the first 20 minutes then hardly bothered again until very late on

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:23 - Jan 19 with 2534 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Jan 19 by finberty

Michael Simkins.
Darren Oliver.
Peter Hampton.
Andy Armitage.

Dean Stokes.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:48 - Jan 19 with 2344 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

And looking on the bright side, we're better off than we were at 7pm as we've gained three goals on AFC Wimbledon. Happy days.....

but we're now ahead on games played, could be pulled back into bottom 4 & our ppg is down to 1.00

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:56 - Jan 19 with 2292 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:48 - Jan 19 by tony_roch975

but we're now ahead on games played, could be pulled back into bottom 4 & our ppg is down to 1.00

We're not ahead of Wimbledon on games played, but I get your drift.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 22:57 - Jan 19 with 2149 viewsmikehunt

Are we in the bottom four on ppg?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 23:02 - Jan 19 with 2128 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 22:57 - Jan 19 by mikehunt

Are we in the bottom four on ppg?

No

We're on 1.00 PPG, as are AFC Wimbledon (worse goal difference), but Wigan, Swindon and Burton all have less points than games played.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 01:02 - Jan 20 with 1990 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Jan 19 by finberty

Michael Simkins.
Darren Oliver.
Peter Hampton.
Andy Armitage.

"Worst ever in a position" is a conversation that pops up on here with regularity. Simpkins - Left Back stops all arguments, as does Dickens - Goalkeeper. Other positions cause more contentious debate but those two are nailed on.
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 08:32 - Jan 20 with 1758 viewsAtThePeake

Frustrating night. Doncaster didn't look like a particularly entertaining side but they were very well-drilled, particularly when it came to defending against Baah and Humphrys and will feel like they were good value for the win for the way they closed it out. Moore is a good coach, his West Brom side were pretty similar from what I remember. Low on entertainment, high on organisation and grinding out wins.

The makeshift defence did well, Morley in particular, but we struggled against a well-organised backline. Can't wait for Andy Butler to retire to be honest. He's like the defensive version of a striker who always scores against us.

11 days of the window left. Sign the 4 players the squad lacks (LB, CB, DM and another attacking option) and we will be safe with ease. Sign 2-3 and we have a chance. Sign 0-1 and I fear for us.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 1738 viewsncfc_chalky

1-0 Is that it?

I expect 6 or 7 goals a game and a ten man Dale to draw level in the 95th min at least,I hope that things get better for when I purchase my ifollow pass for the Oxford game

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 10:10 - Jan 20 with 1622 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 08:32 - Jan 20 by AtThePeake

Frustrating night. Doncaster didn't look like a particularly entertaining side but they were very well-drilled, particularly when it came to defending against Baah and Humphrys and will feel like they were good value for the win for the way they closed it out. Moore is a good coach, his West Brom side were pretty similar from what I remember. Low on entertainment, high on organisation and grinding out wins.

The makeshift defence did well, Morley in particular, but we struggled against a well-organised backline. Can't wait for Andy Butler to retire to be honest. He's like the defensive version of a striker who always scores against us.

11 days of the window left. Sign the 4 players the squad lacks (LB, CB, DM and another attacking option) and we will be safe with ease. Sign 2-3 and we have a chance. Sign 0-1 and I fear for us.

I agree that we need players in and fast. I hear that work on that front is under way, but the usual constraints apply - we need to move people on too!

Last night to me felt like BBM was aware of the limitations in terms of personnel and as such we sacrificed some of our recent attacking impetus to keep it tight.

Once we went a goal down it was always going to be a struggle given how organised Doncaster were.

When you lose away, no matter to who, the pressure is on to make up the differential at home. It’s time to start doing that. I’m personally losing patience with those on Twitter having a pop about “supporting BBM” or having “unrealistic expectations”. I support the club first and foremost - above any individual - and survival in League One is paramount this season more than any other due to lost revenues.

BBM was backed by the board in the summer and he needs to be now. Replacing him, even if that is being considered, is futile as there isn’t enough time left in the window for an upheaval. BBM therefore needs to be supported in his primary objective of keeping us in this division. If he fails in that, I would rather it be down to him alone than the fact he wasn’t given the resources he needed to do it. I’m sure he would feel that way too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 10:35 - Jan 20 with 1584 viewsjonahwhereru

On the face of it a result that most would have taken last night. However combined with other results it now means we are adrift from mid table. We are now in a precarious position. We have a smaller squad of players to select from a squad that was already very light. Beesley and Humphrys seem destined not to be able to given the opportunity to forge a partnership. Worrying times.
Virtually every team in the division have already bought in new players. We need some now, and not just one in and one out. The board have done a decent job with the finances so I cannot believe we are in a worse position than all the other clubs. I would just like BBM and they boys to be given a fighting chance to show what they are capable of.
The week we take on Bristol Rovers and Northampton play WIgan will be pivotal.
I am a glass half full man, but feels like someone has just taken a big gulp out of the remaining half pint.
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 11:08 - Jan 20 with 1535 viewsfunkkk

Thought we didn’t do much wrong last night given the circumstances. I think the excitement of our recent games and scoring so many goals has somewhat hidden the fact that we aren’t picking up enough points. We clearly need to strengthen and, although I’m not massively enthused by BBM, I’d rather any potential funds were spent on the squad than paying him and any potential staff off. He’s signed more good players than bad so I’m hopeful we can get sufficient quality in to keep us up.
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1329 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 08:32 - Jan 20 by AtThePeake

I wonder though, whether BBM's objective is to sign players who he thinks will adhere to the "club philosophy" rather than who might do a job for us till the end of the season

The absolute minimum must be a LB who's at least able to defend with some degree of competence. Right now, i couldn't care less if they're not great going forward. The trouble with Bola was that he was too inexperienced defensively and then lost his way altogether

There's got to be a LB out there who'd do a job on a short term contract. Maybe BBM isn't looking in the right places, and personally i don't want to see another youngster being thrown in the deep end, especially alongside Roberts. Or someone half-crocked. If we're going to do that, i'd rather it was one of our own

But i also think sorting that position will have a consolidating effect throughout the rest of the team; maybe that'd be enough if we can't get any others in

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 1275 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 13:01 - Jan 20 by D_Alien

I wonder though, whether BBM's objective is to sign players who he thinks will adhere to the "club philosophy" rather than who might do a job for us till the end of the season

The absolute minimum must be a LB who's at least able to defend with some degree of competence. Right now, i couldn't care less if they're not great going forward. The trouble with Bola was that he was too inexperienced defensively and then lost his way altogether

There's got to be a LB out there who'd do a job on a short term contract. Maybe BBM isn't looking in the right places, and personally i don't want to see another youngster being thrown in the deep end, especially alongside Roberts. Or someone half-crocked. If we're going to do that, i'd rather it was one of our own

But i also think sorting that position will have a consolidating effect throughout the rest of the team; maybe that'd be enough if we can't get any others in

I think we also need a "hard case" midfielder too. Tackle, win the ball & lay it off. Ryan when fully fit is close but unfortunately he is currently on the "crocked too much" list. Rathbone & Lund put in a lot of effort in midfield but are not enforcers ( although Lund gets booked as often as one). With this and as you say a LB, we have enough midfielders & forwards to be effective ( assuming EOC and or McShane come back soon)
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 13:34 - Jan 20 with 1248 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Jan 19 by Nigeriamark

finished 1-0, plenty of endeavour but apart from a few attacks at the end Rovers defended their lead quite comfortably. Mclaughlin looked good as did most of the defence. Baah good in spells but then drifts out too often. A couple of great runs from him and he does track back a bit more ( except for the goal). Hopefully if he starts a few more games he'll really develop

wonder what happened to Jake? went down without anyone around him & looked in real pain at first

I'm guessing it was as a result of the collision which took place a couple of minutes beforehand (which I'm also guessing adrenalin covered up to some extent until it wore off and blood started to appear?).

BBM quote:

"He’s got a nasty gash to his ankle which is quite severe and required quite a lot of stitching, so I’m slightly concerned about Jake, said BBM.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/bbm_jakebeesley_injury/

It is worrying that after the recent "break" where we got a lot of our players back for selection, they are dropping like flies now the bullets have started flying again. Just when we need as much help as possible to navigate through this crucial spell of games with as many points as possible when we get out the other side. Recruitment, recruitment, recruitment (on the field) before it's too late.

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Jan 20 with 1060 viewsShun

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 11:08 - Jan 20 by funkkk

Thought we didn’t do much wrong last night given the circumstances. I think the excitement of our recent games and scoring so many goals has somewhat hidden the fact that we aren’t picking up enough points. We clearly need to strengthen and, although I’m not massively enthused by BBM, I’d rather any potential funds were spent on the squad than paying him and any potential staff off. He’s signed more good players than bad so I’m hopeful we can get sufficient quality in to keep us up.

Good point. I think I've been guilty of feeling more positive than I should right now, purely because I love the kind of games we've just had and they've very much entertained me, and the amount we're scoring has made me smile too. However, no win in over a month is not great at all.
Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 17:58 - Jan 20 with 954 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Doncaster vs Rochdale on 16:47 - Jan 20 by Shun

Good point. I think I've been guilty of feeling more positive than I should right now, purely because I love the kind of games we've just had and they've very much entertained me, and the amount we're scoring has made me smile too. However, no win in over a month is not great at all.

I think your positivity, like many Shun, has come from seeing goals being banged in regularly after too many seasons of grinding, attritional football with little to set the pulse racing or make you jump out of your seat.

We need to fix 2 things. Defence and home form. We didn't do too bad on the former but at the expense of no goals scored (can't say I share BBM's feeling of being "unlucky" last night - we deserved a draw at best which is not exactly shabby away at Donny). Fixing our home form? I just have no idea. If you can't win games at home though, you are going to end up in trouble sooner or later. Shudder to think what the atmosphere will be like if that isn't fixed before crowds return.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024