Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon 21:40 - Apr 12 with 15920 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54774/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:18 - Apr 13 with 3810 viewsfunkkk

A Dale home win, no American/Trust/Club statements and something for the Morley haters to moan about. The perfect evening.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:20 - Apr 13 with 3788 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:18 - Apr 13 by damaka

Like getting rid of BBM ?

That's on the list, somewhere

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:20 - Apr 13 with 3785 viewssooty_dale

I thought Beesley led the line very well for us tonight. Rathbone further forward also worked well. Overall it's great to finally have a win at home and gives us something to build on. As others have said, Swindon weren't great but there have been plenty of occasions this season when we have faced poor teams but left the game empty handed.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:22 - Apr 13 with 3729 viewsBlueMessiah

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE RAFC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Following our exceptional recent home form I have decided unanimously to reward our Talented Young Manager (sniff) with a further contract extension until summer 2025. I have, yet again, managed to beat off stiff competition to re-secure his services.

I feel that now is the ideal time to release this fantastic news and I'm sure you will all join me in congratulating Brian on his remarkable recent achievement.

Yours in football
The Board

Poll: Do I Know You?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:25 - Apr 13 with 3684 viewsLaveritty

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:22 - Apr 13 by BlueMessiah

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE RAFC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Following our exceptional recent home form I have decided unanimously to reward our Talented Young Manager (sniff) with a further contract extension until summer 2025. I have, yet again, managed to beat off stiff competition to re-secure his services.

I feel that now is the ideal time to release this fantastic news and I'm sure you will all join me in congratulating Brian on his remarkable recent achievement.

Yours in football
The Board

Beat me to it!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:25 - Apr 13 with 3683 viewssince58

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:13 - Apr 13 by Brierls

I think we’ve seen the teams that will occupy the bottom two!

Yep2 bum teams.!!!😄😄😄
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:33 - Apr 13 with 3562 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:00 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

Summat with mustard

Relishing the prospect

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:41 - Apr 13 with 3480 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:33 - Apr 13 by DaleiLama

Relishing the prospect

Sums up in 3 words what the Speakmans charge £4000 for

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 21:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:52 - Apr 13 with 3376 viewsEllDale

Should be elated I suppose but the reality is that it would have been disgraceful if we hadn’t beaten that Swindon team.
But win we did despite being a little weak upfront. Beesley, although an admirable foil for someone like Humphreys isn’t a natural goal scorer. If he’d missed that chance and Grant hadn’t been on hand....
The latter is an exciting prospect, loads of skill.
Swindon are at Wimbledon next I believe.
I just wish that McLaughlin and McShane had been available for most of the season in that three at the back formation.
In truth though BBM has woken up and seen the light much too late but at least we might go down with a bit of a fight.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:57 - Apr 13 with 3333 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:52 - Apr 13 by EllDale

Should be elated I suppose but the reality is that it would have been disgraceful if we hadn’t beaten that Swindon team.
But win we did despite being a little weak upfront. Beesley, although an admirable foil for someone like Humphreys isn’t a natural goal scorer. If he’d missed that chance and Grant hadn’t been on hand....
I just wish that McLaughlin and McShane had been available for most of the season in that three at the back formation.
In truth though BBM has woken up and seen the light much too late but at least we might go down with a bit of a fight.

Swindon also at Wigan on the final day. Think they may need them to win both to give us a chance.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:58 - Apr 13 with 3327 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:52 - Apr 13 by EllDale

There does seem to be a relationship between tippy tappy sideways possession and lack of competitiveness. As you say may be a bit late but we have taken points off some decent teams recently by dropping that tactic. probably a couple of months too late but not quite gone yet.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 00:20 - Apr 14 with 2958 viewsShun

I think the current bottom 4 (Dale, Swindon, Brovers and Northampton) are all down. The other two are picking up points with alarming consistency now.

Not a bad performance tonight. It’s been said enough times how poor Swindon were, but a few Dale players put in really pleasing performances. Lynch did well and I hope he keeps his place for the rest of the season to see whether he’s worthy of another contract. Rathbone was at his impish best. Beesley does a hell of a lot right, and we’re a much better team with him in the side, but he absolutely needs a partner to play with, one capable of scoring consistently. Osho was excellent once again, I’d love us to try and sign him again next season. Lastly, Conor Grant is a great prospect and I’m really looking forward to seeing him get regular football next season, at a level that might suit his development more.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 08:06 - Apr 14 with 2664 viewsNorthernDale

They played with an urgency, that was missing against Ipswich and Fleetwood, I am no Dooley fan, but I thought that he added something to the team that Shaughnessy does not. At the start of the second half, I thought we sat back and resorted back to the tippy tappy football of passing it across the back four, until we woke up and going for the second goal.

I agree we are still light up front, hopefully Humprhrys will be fit for Saturday and it was a confidence boost to see, Lund on the bench as well.

Now we need to take that urgency and style of play into the remaining six games and that luck goes in our favour with the other teams.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 09:16 - Apr 14 with 2509 viewsfunkkk

Feels like we’re going to need to win 4 from 6 and even that might not be enough. A massive ask at this point.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 15:23 - Apr 14 with 2198 viewsjonahwhereru

Just thankful for the result last night. My dad who is a Castleton lad is in the last few days of palliative care. His Rochdale scarf was on his bed last night. So very pleased the team delivered.
If my dad is up for the fight and makes it to Saturday he is throwing down the gauntlet to the team to to win again for him. Make sure you give everything lads.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 16:12 - Apr 14 with 2126 viewsBucketBstard

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 15:23 - Apr 14 by jonahwhereru

Just thankful for the result last night. My dad who is a Castleton lad is in the last few days of palliative care. His Rochdale scarf was on his bed last night. So very pleased the team delivered.
If my dad is up for the fight and makes it to Saturday he is throwing down the gauntlet to the team to to win again for him. Make sure you give everything lads.

Hope they given your dad a little lift .
Something for you to remember in these awful times for you and the family .
My thoughts are with you
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 16:26 - Apr 14 with 2091 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 15:23 - Apr 14 by jonahwhereru

My thoughts and prayers would be with him anyway, but as a Castleton lad myself, sending him some extra. Give him my best and let's hope the lads win the next one for him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:52 - Apr 14 with 1875 viewsTVOS1907

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 23:04 - Apr 14 with 1735 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:52 - Apr 14 by TVOS1907

Comedy Gold.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 07:43 - Apr 15 with 1556 viewsNorthernDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 23:04 - Apr 14 by dingdangblue

Comedy Gold.

I loved the quote 'watching the Dale is like having a ticket for the Titanic', it was excellent to watch.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:37 - Apr 15 with 1256 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 00:20 - Apr 14 by Shun

I think the current bottom 4 (Dale, Swindon, Brovers and Northampton) are all down. The other two are picking up points with alarming consistency now.

Not a bad performance tonight. It’s been said enough times how poor Swindon were, but a few Dale players put in really pleasing performances. Lynch did well and I hope he keeps his place for the rest of the season to see whether he’s worthy of another contract. Rathbone was at his impish best. Beesley does a hell of a lot right, and we’re a much better team with him in the side, but he absolutely needs a partner to play with, one capable of scoring consistently. Osho was excellent once again, I’d love us to try and sign him again next season. Lastly, Conor Grant is a great prospect and I’m really looking forward to seeing him get regular football next season, at a level that might suit his development more.

Having said this, I've just looked at the form table and it's only really Wimbledon who are doing well. We're actually 2nd out of this lot, with Wigan not far behind. Swindon and Bristol Rovers are in the bottom 4 in both the normal table and the form table.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 00:26 - Apr 16 with 1078 viewspioneer

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Swindon on 21:37 - Apr 15 by Shun

Having said this, I've just looked at the form table and it's only really Wimbledon who are doing well. We're actually 2nd out of this lot, with Wigan not far behind. Swindon and Bristol Rovers are in the bottom 4 in both the normal table and the form table.

Even so, if all teams got points from their remaining games based on the points per game average over their last 6 games we are still 'doomed'. However this doesnt account for quality of opposition so also listed is the average league position of the opponents in the remaining games in the current table and then the average position of opponents in the last 6 games table
opp av position opp av position last 6
Wimbledon 52pts 12.1 15
Wigan 47 14.8 13
Northampton 46 5.8 5.8
Dale 44 14.3 13
Swindon 42 13.6 10
Bris Rov 41 8.8 11.4

So whichever way you look at it its will be tough to catch wigan (or wombles).

Yes I know . . . I need to get a life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024