Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool 11:50 - Apr 20 with 10277 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54846/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:07 - Apr 20 with 2550 viewsjoecooke

Great result. Up the Dale ,down the ale. Always nice to beat the donkey lashers.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:08 - Apr 20 with 2538 viewsEllDale

I actually thought that BBM got his substitutions spot on tonight, something that he’s been criticised for in the past.
Shame that it took 35 games for us to find a formation and pattern of play that suited us.
In normal circumstances three consecutive wins would have seen us zoom up the table.
The morale at Wigan has obviously changed since the takeover of the club was confirmed and Wimbledon are making nonsense out of the theory that teams take a while to adjust to playing in a new home stadium.
I thought that everyone involved tonight was immense.
Special mention must go to Osho thought who is the iron man we needed in October/November/December but he also looks so comfortable on the ball as well.
As least a winning run has taken some of the heat off the CEO.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 2461 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:08 - Apr 20 by EllDale

I actually thought that BBM got his substitutions spot on tonight, something that he’s been criticised for in the past.
Shame that it took 35 games for us to find a formation and pattern of play that suited us.
In normal circumstances three consecutive wins would have seen us zoom up the table.
The morale at Wigan has obviously changed since the takeover of the club was confirmed and Wimbledon are making nonsense out of the theory that teams take a while to adjust to playing in a new home stadium.
I thought that everyone involved tonight was immense.
Special mention must go to Osho thought who is the iron man we needed in October/November/December but he also looks so comfortable on the ball as well.
As least a winning run has taken some of the heat off the CEO.

Agree with much of that. Great credit must go to Beesley for stepping up to the lone frontman role in Humphrys absence, in what you rightly describe as a formation and pattern of play that suits us

By the time Humphrys is fit again, Beesley might need a rest but might be difficult to accommodate both without upsetting the midfield balance

On your final point - not in the slightest. If things are a little quiet on that front its due to awaiting the outcome of decisions taken following last night's board meeting - that's all

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 22:51 - Apr 20 with 2304 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Massive well done one and all.......just such a pity we did not hit this hot streak a few months earlier!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:52]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 2217 views49thseason

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 22:51 - Apr 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Massive well done one and all.......just such a pity we did not hit this hot streak a few months earlier!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:52]

Excellent performance this evening. Tight at the back, hardworking in midfield and a willingness to do simple things lie chasing and covering. To be honest I don't think we can avoid the drop but going back into L2 with most of this team wouldn't be the end of the world, Having said that, there will need to be careful recruitment, might McShane be up for another season? Could Osho be back next year? I think Lynch has probably booked himself another contract and maybe McLaughlin too now that he seems to be getting through games without needing a 3 game rest between every 90 minutes on the pitch.
Overall, you have to wonder if playing Bazunu for a dozen games too many with all the tippy tappy that seemed to entail has cost us a L1 place?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:31 - Apr 20 with 2154 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:13 - Apr 20 by 49thseason

Excellent performance this evening. Tight at the back, hardworking in midfield and a willingness to do simple things lie chasing and covering. To be honest I don't think we can avoid the drop but going back into L2 with most of this team wouldn't be the end of the world, Having said that, there will need to be careful recruitment, might McShane be up for another season? Could Osho be back next year? I think Lynch has probably booked himself another contract and maybe McLaughlin too now that he seems to be getting through games without needing a 3 game rest between every 90 minutes on the pitch.
Overall, you have to wonder if playing Bazunu for a dozen games too many with all the tippy tappy that seemed to entail has cost us a L1 place?

Does make me wonder, was there a contractual obligation to play Bazunu for a required number of games if fit?
Expecting a one word answer.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 23:53 - Apr 20 with 2116 viewsShun

What I was pleasantly surprised to see tonight was that we were very ready to adopt the not so nice tactics we’ve seen from other sides against us since time began. I do think one of the main criticisms of BBM is that, as much as he’s a lovely fellow, that niceness often transfers on to the pitch. Tonight we time-wasted, committed a couple of cynical fouls, and just generally made ourselves into nuisances. And without going full-blown Darren Ferguson/John Coleman/Grant McCann, it was nice to see.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:54 - Apr 20 with 2114 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:31 - Apr 20 by James1980

Does make me wonder, was there a contractual obligation to play Bazunu for a required number of games if fit?
Expecting a one word answer.

Potentially!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 00:02 - Apr 21 with 2102 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool (n/t) on 23:54 - Apr 20 by Shun

Potentially!

Far too many syllables .
Agree with your comment about what they call gamesmanship the players did a good job of it tonight.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 09:00 - Apr 21 with 1670 viewsNorthernDale

Tonight was excellent, but at times I thought we fell into the bad habits of passing the ball across the back, but I will take the result against a good team.

As the Dale podcast said, we need snookers at this stage of the season, but all we can do is win the remaining games and hope the results go our way. We need Ipswich, Portsmouth and Lincoln to do us a favour with Wimbledon (hopefully they will remember they fighting for a play off spot). Next Tuesday is the key game, in that we cannot afford to lose it against them.

I expect Wigan to win against Burton and Swindon, which would make them safe. So Wimbledon should be our target.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 09:09 - Apr 21 with 1627 viewsJames1980

Scary thing is even if we win all our remaining games which will net us 54 points Wimbledon could still end up on 57 and Wigan on 56 and therefore both finish above us.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 09:13 - Apr 21 with 1616 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 09:00 - Apr 21 by NorthernDale

Tonight was excellent, but at times I thought we fell into the bad habits of passing the ball across the back, but I will take the result against a good team.

As the Dale podcast said, we need snookers at this stage of the season, but all we can do is win the remaining games and hope the results go our way. We need Ipswich, Portsmouth and Lincoln to do us a favour with Wimbledon (hopefully they will remember they fighting for a play off spot). Next Tuesday is the key game, in that we cannot afford to lose it against them.

I expect Wigan to win against Burton and Swindon, which would make them safe. So Wimbledon should be our target.

I think we lapsed into playing the ball across the back only occasionally last night. In the main, we were on the front-foot, being direct, appropriately aggressive and generally giving ourselves the best chance of winning a game.

It really does beg the question as to where this approach was earlier in the season. We have now switched to a system that suits us, granted, but even within that we have seen the abject displays that were Fleetwood and Ipswich. It's more than just a system, it's the instructions given to, and the performances of, those who play in it.

I've seen over the past three games - and against Lincoln and Peterborough - what we are actually capable of (and that's us not even at full strength).

It makes it all the more frustrating that we could go down, despite it being very clear that we are good enough not to.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:42]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:33 - Apr 21 with 1434 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 09:13 - Apr 21 by fitzochris

I think we lapsed into playing the ball across the back only occasionally last night. In the main, we were on the front-foot, being direct, appropriately aggressive and generally giving ourselves the best chance of winning a game.

It really does beg the question as to where this approach was earlier in the season. We have now switched to a system that suits us, granted, but even within that we have seen the abject displays that were Fleetwood and Ipswich. It's more than just a system, it's the instructions given to, and the performances of, those who play in it.

I've seen over the past three games - and against Lincoln and Peterborough - what we are actually capable of (and that's us not even at full strength).

It makes it all the more frustrating that we could go down, despite it being very clear that we are good enough not to.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:42]

Is it all down to Bazunu and Roberts playing those games? Their parent clubs chose Dale because we claim to play it out from the back. With Lynch in goals and Roberts not starting we can play how we please.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:46]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:41 - Apr 21 with 1409 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:33 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

Is it all down to Bazunu and Roberts playing those games? Their parent clubs chose Dale because we claim to play it out from the back. With Lynch in goals and Roberts not starting we can play how we please.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:46]

I wouldn't say so. In many games we've looked to pass backwards instead of going forward and I would say that the main culprits have been Morley & Keohane, but I agree that Bazunu has usually tried to go short. Playing these two in slightly more advanced roles has helped (Keohane can push up because McShane EOC and Osho are a solid back 3; whilst this is also allowing Morley to play 5 yards further forward instead of providing a false sweeper role)

The last few games have actually been quite exciting to watch, compared to the dross of Ipswich and Fleetwood. It's almost as if BBM has finally looked at the league table and seen where we are.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 1388 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:41 - Apr 21 by dawlishdale

I wouldn't say so. In many games we've looked to pass backwards instead of going forward and I would say that the main culprits have been Morley & Keohane, but I agree that Bazunu has usually tried to go short. Playing these two in slightly more advanced roles has helped (Keohane can push up because McShane EOC and Osho are a solid back 3; whilst this is also allowing Morley to play 5 yards further forward instead of providing a false sweeper role)

The last few games have actually been quite exciting to watch, compared to the dross of Ipswich and Fleetwood. It's almost as if BBM has finally looked at the league table and seen where we are.

I agree that personnel makes a huge difference. Having McLaughlin, Osho, O'Connell, McShane and Keohane available as a back 5 has transformed our defending in the last 3 games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 11:00 - Apr 21 with 1369 viewsHopwoodblue

Just looking at three games would make a massive difference to the season.
See the game out for a point at home to Wimbledon
See the game out for three points away to Gillingham
See the game out for three points at home to Peterborough.
That would have given us a real chance of staying up.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1176 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 10:48 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

I agree that personnel makes a huge difference. Having McLaughlin, Osho, O'Connell, McShane and Keohane available as a back 5 has transformed our defending in the last 3 games.

yes, that availability has been key and also enabled the 3 at the back formation which many have wanted for a long time, suits the players we have and adds to forward momentum with the high pressing and creating goalscoring positions in Keohane's case

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 1165 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 11:00 - Apr 21 by Hopwoodblue

I'm sure all our relegation rivals can highlight games where they threw away potential points though? We are where we are because we deserve to be.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 17:04 - Apr 21 with 973 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 13:45 - Apr 21 by richfoad32

I'm sure all our relegation rivals can highlight games where they threw away potential points though? We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Yes I agree with you, I was just highlighting simple things like not hitting a ball 50 metres up field or into row Z of the stand in injury time can make all the difference when it comes to the end of a season.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 19:10 - Apr 21 with 865 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Totally agree Hop, fine margins were, with a bit of care and perhaps craft we could have nicked a point here and there and now been in clover.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 21:35 - Apr 21 with 723 viewsEllDale

And don’t forget a disastrous closing few moments against Oxford at home.
Or how we didn’t capitalise against a poor Northampton team away when playing with the benefit of the elements in the second half.
Or how we scored four at Charlton and couldn’t eke out a win.
The list goes on.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:24 - Apr 21 with 643 viewsTVOS1907

First time we've won three home games in a week (Tuesday to Tuesday) since 1st April 2008 - 8th April 2008, with wins over Bradford, Grimsby and Notts County.

We actually won five home games in 19 days at that time.

Furthermore, 20th April is the only April date on which we are unbeaten at home, so perhaps last night was an inevitable victory.

We have lost 10 away games on 20th April, mind, which is the joint-worst with 16th April...
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:30]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:43 - Apr 21 with 607 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 22:24 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

First time we've won three home games in a week (Tuesday to Tuesday) since 1st April 2008 - 8th April 2008, with wins over Bradford, Grimsby and Notts County.

We actually won five home games in 19 days at that time.

Furthermore, 20th April is the only April date on which we are unbeaten at home, so perhaps last night was an inevitable victory.

We have lost 10 away games on 20th April, mind, which is the joint-worst with 16th April...
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:30]

Great stats, but not for Chalky.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 23:00 - Apr 21 with 582 viewsSandyman

Talking of "if's and but's", if Fabio Tavares hadn't scored a 90th-minute winner V Fleetwood, we'd have gone an entire season without a home win in all competitions prior to beating Swindon on 13th April. That we only had one win in that time AND gave the manager a contract extension is a big steaming pile of bob IMHO.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 23:22 - Apr 21 with 552 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Blackpool on 23:00 - Apr 21 by Sandyman

Talking of "if's and but's", if Fabio Tavares hadn't scored a 90th-minute winner V Fleetwood, we'd have gone an entire season without a home win in all competitions prior to beating Swindon on 13th April. That we only had one win in that time AND gave the manager a contract extension is a big steaming pile of bob IMHO.

But if he hadn't scored that goal. Perhaps the subsequent game against Accrington would've gone differently. Had we still lost against Accy having not won any of our 1st six league games the board would have rolled the dice regarding the management team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024