Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 110331 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 17:25 - Oct 19 with 2957 viewsW7Ranger

Mick Beale on 17:17 - Oct 19 by hubble

I'm clinging to the fact that he hasn't actually gone anywhere yet. And since I'm going to my first game of the season tonight, I really, really don't want to be at a fecking wake!

My first game aswell! Feel really demoralised at the uncertainty.
Mick Beale on 17:25 - Oct 19 with 2957 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 16:56 - Oct 19 by WestbourneR

Anyone digging him out for this is just stupid.

Wolves came for him of course he has to take it.

Total crap

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 17:26 - Oct 19 with 2932 viewsTonto

I think its time the club said something. Allowing internet gossip and rumour (or not) go unchecked is a recipe for a PR disaster - it kinda already is.

timing just before a match is bloody awful.

If he does go, what is the compensation fee? I hope its 7 digits...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Mick Beale on 17:27 - Oct 19 with 2876 viewsPinnerPaul

Mick Beale on 17:26 - Oct 19 by Tonto

I think its time the club said something. Allowing internet gossip and rumour (or not) go unchecked is a recipe for a PR disaster - it kinda already is.

timing just before a match is bloody awful.

If he does go, what is the compensation fee? I hope its 7 digits...

Just - £1,000,000 has been reported.
Mick Beale on 17:29 - Oct 19 with 2844 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 17:27 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Just - £1,000,000 has been reported.

Why us ?

Mick Beale on 17:32 - Oct 19 with 2734 viewsToast_R

Warnock til the end of the season?
I'd like to get Gary O'Neil in if Bournemouth decide they don't want him.
Mick Beale on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 2609 viewsjoe90

Not really sure what the club can say until it's confirmed.

I don't know how these things work. Are the club waiting for Beale to confirm if he's going on or not? Has he gone behind the clubs back to speak to Wolves? Did Wolves formally approach the club?! Does anyone know?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:40]
Mick Beale on 17:38 - Oct 19 with 2547 viewsandrew1302

i think all we know is he has gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 17:39 - Oct 19 with 2522 viewskingsburyR

Mick Beale on 17:25 - Oct 19 by ThGrimRanger

currently 1/10 on with SkyBet. the optimist in me is pleased they're still taking bets.

LOL

I want your outlook on life!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mick Beale on 17:40 - Oct 19 with 2490 viewsactonman

If he goes I will be in a unique position for the first time in my life of wanting Chelsea to win a game when they play them

Ffs !
Mick Beale on 17:41 - Oct 19 with 2463 viewsRangersw12

What's most frustrating about this is its Wolves not exactly a big club who will definitely be relegated within the next couple of years if not this season
Mick Beale on 17:41 - Oct 19 with 2461 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 16:46 - Oct 19 by stantheman10

Here's a scenario for all that are slating Beale.
You're in a new job working at a place you have absolutely no affinity with or allegiance to and someone from a larger higher profile company approaches you and offers you a job at their shiny plusher workplace with better facilities and better work colleagues and they offer you twice the salary to boot. What would you do?

I don't think that you can compare professional football management with regular jobs, but I take your point.

Whilst I won't be shocked if Mick takes the opportunity, it's not as black and white as you make out. Frankly, this is relegation-haunted Wolves we're talking about, not Arsenal. Moreover, you have no idea whether he will have better work colleagues, what his current salary is, what Wolves are offering, whether Mick's family are happy to return to Birmingham, or if Mick is ready to tackle the Premier League on the back of 5 months managerial experience.

Consider if you will a similar (real world) example. Nuno Espirito-Santo left Wolves for a "shiny, plusher workplace" in the shape of Tottenham Hotspur. Look how that turned out (and Nuno had several years at Wolves to cut his teeth, not 14 matches).
Mick Beale on 17:46 - Oct 19 with 2317 viewsjoe90

Mick Beale on 15:00 - Oct 16 by Antti_Heinola

Would be v surprised. He's put in a hell of a lot of work in a short space of time. Strongly suspect he'll be in the Prem next season with or without us, but he's a smart guy. He's happy here, trusts the owners, and he'll be given time. He won't be rushing into anything. WSL saying we haven't received an approach anyway.

I was thinking the same. He's brought in players he knows, doesn't seem worthwhile jumping ship now.

I've got a feeling his ability to speak Portuguese might be the main reason Wolves want him. That was probably the crux of their 'extensive search'.

Anyway, I'm off for a pre-match pint. Enjoy the game everyone.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:47]
Mick Beale on 17:50 - Oct 19 with 2186 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 16:22 - Oct 19 by flynnbo

https://www.90min.com/posts/michael-beale-agrees-to-become-new-wolves-manager

Don't know how reliable this publication is.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/beale-qpr-wolves-approach-84844
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 16:24]

What's odd about the first article is that it states:

"Wolves were thoroughly impressed by Beale during recent talks with the boss and there is confidence that a deal will be struck with QPR to bring him in by the weekend."

However, Mick said in yesterday's interview that neither Les nor he have received an approach from Wolves.

Mick Beale on 17:51 - Oct 19 with 2157 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 14:33 - Oct 19 by TheChef

"I'd also be demanding that both Les and Hoos went with him, as they'd look beyond stupid and incompetent."

Er, really?

So it's their fault for hiring a decent manager and him deciding to move to a club in the division above, for a load more money?

If the compensation back to the club is like a fiver, then sure, please continue.

It wouldn't just be about Beale, it would also be the long line of managers we'vve had since they entered the club, brought in with fanfares then dismissed with a shameless lack of accountability. Bizrarely, it seems as if the concept of applying perfmance reviews to LF and LH is utterly alien to our club. But, yes, a good club knows how to protect its assets, and if Beale is allowed to walk, in my eyes we'd be an absolute basket case (again), and both of them should resign.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Mick Beale on 17:51 - Oct 19 with 2158 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mick Beale on 16:56 - Oct 19 by WestbourneR

Anyone digging him out for this is just stupid.

Wolves came for him of course he has to take it.

No he doesn't.

Would think Wolves are one of the least desirable PL jobs going.
Mick Beale on 17:51 - Oct 19 with 2145 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 17:46 - Oct 19 by joe90

I was thinking the same. He's brought in players he knows, doesn't seem worthwhile jumping ship now.

I've got a feeling his ability to speak Portuguese might be the main reason Wolves want him. That was probably the crux of their 'extensive search'.

Anyway, I'm off for a pre-match pint. Enjoy the game everyone.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:47]

I'm on my 4th

Mick Beale on 17:53 - Oct 19 with 2098 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 15:28 - Oct 19 by Logman

There must be a chance that we will refuse to let Wolves speak to him, no ? I know we would take the money from a player sale but the compensation for Beale is not going to run into millions.

I've made the same point on this thread myself. You would think, but this is QPR - a club with a serious inferiority problem.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Mick Beale on 17:53 - Oct 19 with 2092 viewsbosh67

As far as I know neither Mick or the club have been approached. If you click on the stories that he’s gone they all just say he’s a preferred candidate. Lazy journalism and sensationalism.

I’ll obviously stand corrected tomorrow if it’s true but it’s crap journalists writing crap.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:54]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 17:55 - Oct 19 with 2044 viewsdavman

Mick Beale on 17:53 - Oct 19 by bosh67

As far as I know neither Mick or the club have been approached. If you click on the stories that he’s gone they all just say he’s a preferred candidate. Lazy journalism and sensationalism.

I’ll obviously stand corrected tomorrow if it’s true but it’s crap journalists writing crap.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 17:54]

If you're doing the L Block and calling him "Muck" Beale, I guess you think he's gone.

If that's true, I propose that is his name henceforth...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mick Beale on 17:59 - Oct 19 with 1943 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Only a dozen or so games into his managerial career. Given the known knowns, seems a bloody huge gamble for them and him.

The good news I suppose, the QPR job is reasonably attractive and the board have chosen well of late.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mick Beale on 18:00 - Oct 19 with 1932 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just about to leave the house for Loftus Road. Never have I been so depressed going to a game before. I could handle it when we were really useless, u could shrug your shoulders and say meh.
But, i am convinced with Beale in charge we are going up.

As a child I would draw over any player in my Pannini sticker album who scored against us. If Beale leaves I'll be having to get the felt tips out again. That's how angry I'll be. 😠
Mick Beale on 18:00 - Oct 19 with 1910 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 15:37 - Oct 19 by loftus77

Yeah...if even the mighty Beeb are now carrying it as their top football story, then its got to be a done deal, I'm afraid. Would love to think otherwise, but can't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63314761

You wouldn't think modern football could be so ridiculous - but then, one word: Watford.

Have you actually read the story!? If you think that reads as a done deal, you're illiterate! If anything, it's a non-story - just says that a move for Beale is 'anticipated'. They make the ES or Talkshite look like visionary beacons. So the BBC (who hate us) can do one too.

First, the Board has to allow Wolves to talk to him - He. Is. Under. Contract. If they do that, they're jackasses, But, if Beale does, he deserves to be dismissed anyway.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 18:28]

Mick Beale on 18:02 - Oct 19 with 1852 viewsdmm

Just one thought from me so far.

Loyalty is extremely rare in modern football, just like for the vast majority of jobs. I don't expect players or managers to be loyal.

However, I do expect a high degree of honour from managers and players, that is acting with integrity and respect for others.

Should Beale go to Wolves after signing a 3 years contract and leaving less than 3 months into the season, that would be acting without any honour whatsoever.
Mick Beale on 18:03 - Oct 19 with 1809 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 15:41 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

LF & LH hire a manger to his first job who turns out to be so good a PL club want him after just 14 games - doesn't read like 'incompetent' to me!

Are you for real? Running a football club means protecting your assets, so please stop being obtuse.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024