Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The transfer window deadline day thread 21:03 - Jan 27 with 26968 viewsKeithHaynes

Could be the most interesting day in years.

Clubs are playing some serious chess games.

And agents are going to ensure it’s better than any soap opera.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The transfer window deadline day thread on 11:43 - Jan 29 with 2686 viewsWhiterockin

The transfer window deadline day thread on 11:37 - Jan 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

No chance. He’s a player in form there’ll be plenty of clubs after him and he can command a chunky signing on fee.

If that's the case you would think he would be looking at a pre contract somewhere. He has told the club what he wants, if they put the contract on the table he will sign it.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 11:50 - Jan 29 with 2660 viewsdobjack2

The transfer window deadline day thread on 11:33 - Jan 29 by Badlands

We signed Ogbeta.
Martin didn’t give him a chance.
From what I saw of him he was a better defender than Manning.
Another problem all our managers have faced is persuading players who don’t want to come to Swansea to transfer to us.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:34]

Ogbeta was a last minute panic buy. As he only had 2 sub appearances in the league last season I think it's difficult to make a judgement that he is a better defender than Manning.

I agree with you about getting players down here. It depends what they want from life; they generally have to move a fair distance to relocate here and if what they and/or their partners are into are the bright lights of big cities then this area won't be for them.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 13:18 - Jan 29 with 2524 viewsSTID2017

The transfer window deadline day thread on 11:33 - Jan 29 by Badlands

We signed Ogbeta.
Martin didn’t give him a chance.
From what I saw of him he was a better defender than Manning.
Another problem all our managers have faced is persuading players who don’t want to come to Swansea to transfer to us.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:34]

He made 2 appearances for us.
Both showed his possibility as an attacking left back.
However Manning has been one of our most consistent players.
Sorry but I liked what I saw of Nathaniel in his two appearances but not sure what you saw test made you think he was a better defender than Ryan ?
Personally I think he is an exciting prospect maybe as a winger

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

This transfer window deadline day thread on 13:44 - Jan 29 with 2468 viewsraynor94

This transfer window deadline day thread on 12:44 - Jan 28 by nantywatcher

Potter has a fantastic eye for a player with potential. He has earned Brighton a fortune and along with Arsenal created one of the most entertaining teams in the Premier. he should have stayed there.

Come on, it was nothing to do with Potter, he's just the coach, Brighton have a superb recruitment team who source the players, and the manager.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 2416 viewspencoedjack

To summarise so far

We have let a striker go to a top of the table team on loan

&

A decent prospect looks like joining Glasgow Rangers

We are after an Exeter City player & taken a player back from a LOW team?
The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:23 - Jan 29 with 2371 viewsonehunglow

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:21 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

To summarise so far

&

And have the prospect of Fisher in goal for the foreseeable future

And this is OK ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:26 - Jan 29 with 2363 viewsWhiterockin

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:23 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

And have the prospect of Fisher in goal for the foreseeable future

And this is OK ?

Personally I think we need to wait until Wednesday and then judge if the window has been good, poor or indifferent.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 15:59 - Jan 29 with 2215 viewsSullutaCreturned

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:26 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Personally I think we need to wait until Wednesday and then judge if the window has been good, poor or indifferent.

maybe so but I think it's clear that up until now this window has been poor. We are waiting til the last minute again and it looks very much like the owners will let Martin down just like they let Cooper down.

The big difference there will be that Martin won't behave like Cooper, no one else will want him
Login to get fewer ads

The transfer window deadline day thread on 18:45 - Jan 29 with 2085 viewsFlashberryjack

To summarise so far

&

Makes sense to someone.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The transfer window deadline day thread on 18:50 - Jan 29 with 2076 viewsFireboy2

The transfer window deadline day thread on 18:45 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Makes sense to someone.

Over 51 hours to go.

Just saying 😉
The transfer window deadline day thread on 06:36 - Jan 30 with 1805 viewsvetchonian

To summarise so far

&

welcome to the next level

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:02 - Jan 30 with 1742 viewsraynor94

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:26 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Far to much common sense

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:12 - Jan 30 with 1729 viewsmax936

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:02 - Jan 30 by raynor94

Far to much common sense

Yeah, its not like we've haven't had a month
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 8:13]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:56 - Jan 30 with 1686 viewsBoundy

To summarise so far

&

That's basically it but then the headline doesn't match the detail

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 1672 viewsraynor94

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:12 - Jan 30 by max936

Yeah, its not like we've haven't had a month
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 8:13]

It's a game of chess Max, most leave it till the final day.

Frustrating!

The transfer window deadline day thread on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 1610 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:59 - Jan 30 by raynor94

Frustrating!

I think it’s largely a case of the agents dragging it out until the deadline day. When clubs are desperate to get people in they might be willing to pay a little more.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The transfer window deadline day thread on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 1601 viewsjohnlangy

The transfer window deadline day thread on 08:59 - Jan 30 by raynor94

Frustrating!

This is correct. Most teams leave it till late. This window, it appears, more than most.

So incredibly frustrating though it is, it's on Wednesday that we should react because then we'll be commenting on what's actually happened as compared with what we think should happen.

In spite of my saying that, i've posted a few 'what on earth is going on' or 'have they ANY ambition' type of posts.

Just chill
The transfer window deadline day thread on 09:45 - Jan 30 with 1597 viewsguthrieintherain

The transfer window deadline day thread on 18:45 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Makes sense to someone.

The bank balance but no sense if you are trying to build a team and progress.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:12 - Jan 30 with 1308 viewsjojaca

The cupboard is pretty bare now talent wise, we have no more 10 million pound rated players to bail us out. Now is the time we need the investment that Mr Jenkins told us our American friends are capable of. We are on slippery downward trajectory, we may be alright this season, but fear next season on.

Even when you know, you never know?

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:19 - Jan 30 with 1286 viewsWhiterockin

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:12 - Jan 30 by jojaca

The cupboard is pretty bare now talent wise, we have no more 10 million pound rated players to bail us out. Now is the time we need the investment that Mr Jenkins told us our American friends are capable of. We are on slippery downward trajectory, we may be alright this season, but fear next season on.

Cooper will be up there next season.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:19 - Jan 30 with 1281 viewsonehunglow

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:12 - Jan 30 by jojaca

Given that we have little money we need to have a pragmatic manager who can get us to accumulate points rather than impressive possession stats. It is ludicrous to play as we do .Simple as that.
Given the coach s attitude,it’s hard to see us surviving a real relegation scrap .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:21 - Jan 30 with 1260 viewsWhiterockin

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:19 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Given that we have little money we need to have a pragmatic manager who can get us to accumulate points rather than impressive possession stats. It is ludicrous to play as we do .Simple as that.
Given the coach s attitude,it’s hard to see us surviving a real relegation scrap .

We are nowhere near a relegation scrap, much as it disappoints you.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:39 - Jan 30 with 1201 viewsjojaca

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:19 - Jan 30 by Whiterockin

Cooper will be up there next season.

I like Cooper for his work rate, but I see lot better players in his position who are technically more gifted. For me Cooper is just your average run of the mill type championship/league one player. I think our fans are slightly overrating him, Ntcham is more gifted player.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 14:40]

Even when you know, you never know?

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 1151 viewsWhiterockin

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:39 - Jan 30 by jojaca

I like Cooper for his work rate, but I see lot better players in his position who are technically more gifted. For me Cooper is just your average run of the mill type championship/league one player. I think our fans are slightly overrating him, Ntcham is more gifted player.

Ntcham is more talented but doesn't deliver often enough, if he did he would be in the Premier league. Cooper is developing well and I expect him to break into the Welsh team this season and his profile will rocket.
The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:53 - Jan 30 with 1144 viewsBoundy

The transfer window deadline day thread on 14:39 - Jan 30 by jojaca

I agree about Ntcham , he's the most technically gifted player in the squad imo , he sees things other players miss , either because their not atuned to the moment or is not reading the game . We praise Cooper because he works hard, does make an impact and comes up with the goods .time will tell whether he's capable of going to the next level.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024