Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin on the defeat 13:45 - Apr 16 with 6823 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/martin-post-qprcov-150423/

Speaks well. Extremely honest about what we find ourselves in.

I particularly picked up on him saying there aren't many speakers in this group, unlike other club's he's been at. Sitting in the Stan Bowles stand yesterday the only two people talking at all were Martin and Balogun. Everyone else, apart from Paal having an argument with Martin after the first goal and having to be held back, was as quiet as a mouse. The only others that talk on occasion are Field and Dieng.

I thought it was good of Martin to stand up and do an interview. I like that he's in the ref's face all game, that he battles away, not always with success but he does try and put a shift in. I can't say that others don't, but this is a group almost self conditioned to lose!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:42 - Apr 17 with 1673 viewsdistortR

Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:30 - Apr 17 by Northolt_Rs

How’s that’s for a stat! What a fùcking shítshow.

Ok, then..

Dieng,
Kakay, Crock-Salter, Dickie, Drewe;
Shodipo, Amos, Dixon-Bonner, Dozzell;
Richards;
Armstrong.

This season, and excluding Seny, that team in the league (And yes, a bit unfair to the 2 youngest) between them have 88 starts, have come off the bench 84 times, and combined have scored less goals then Dieng.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 7:50]
Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:42 - Apr 17 with 1672 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What's happened to Dixon-Bonner?

He came on for the last few minutes against Brum and has disappeared since. Surely we've not signed a bloke offering less minutes than Charlie Owens?

So to surmise:

Balogun - being put down
JCS - back on the grass, but...
Amos - MIA
Tim - MIA
Jojo - shot to bits
Armstrong- MIA
Willock (ghost) - lost
Uncle - showing it!
Roberts - suspected injured warming up
Richards - on the pitch, but...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:01 - Apr 17 with 1562 viewsmart_Goblin

Talks well in general and would love to know what the “are we professional enough off the pitch?” Comment was aimed at because it was certainly aimed at someone or most likely a bunch of this bloody shower.

But I’d wish they’d all stop calling this a young squad . It is anything but .

It’s inexperienced in areas but it’s not young . It’s just another nail in the coffin of the DOF and the people who assembled this seasons rabble .
Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:14 - Apr 17 with 1508 viewsLblock

Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:26 - Apr 16 by Logman

Speaks excellently. Arguably the right person for the captaincy in our circumstances. Just need to work out now how to best play with him and Dykes in the team. Given what we will have available on Wednesday I would go 4-2-2-2 with Laird and Paal at full backs, Dozzell and Field holding, Chair and Willock (to start) roaming and Dykes and Martin up front.

My God

Just where have we landed as a club.

Chris Martin is the "right person" for the captaincy of Queens Park Rangers Football Club "in our circumstances"

What a cesspit of a place it's become.
What a time to be alive

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:20 - Apr 17 with 1489 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:01 - Apr 17 by mart_Goblin

Talks well in general and would love to know what the “are we professional enough off the pitch?” Comment was aimed at because it was certainly aimed at someone or most likely a bunch of this bloody shower.

It’s inexperienced in areas but it’s not young . It’s just another nail in the coffin of the DOF and the people who assembled this seasons rabble .

'...But I’d wish they’d all stop calling this a young squad . It is anything but...'

Good point!

I've also become increasingly annoyed by the 'lack of communication' angle that is being highlighted as a contributory factor. Can't think of a quieter QPR team, and clearly bringing in the big Moari for a shouty session hasn't worked. What you'd give for a Macca and Wilkins now.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:22 - Apr 17 with 1483 viewsozexile

I reckon it's the weakest professional sporting team I've ever seen in terms of guts and character.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 9:04]
Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:41 - Apr 17 with 1419 viewsdaveB

Whilst he talks well and no doubt he tries he should be nowhere near the team let alone made the captain
Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:55 - Apr 17 with 1389 viewskernowhoop

Fair enough, Mart.

For years, I was dreadfully naive about what young professional footballers did away from the pitch, but I was brought down to earth.

I went to an away match at Reading. The next morning, back in London, my PA (who frequented clubs and knew many footballers) said 'I saw your boys out enjoying themselves last night.' 'You couldn't have', I replied. 'They had a match at Reading and I was there.' But, oh dear, she was right.

Chris Martin's comments may refer to training, but, I suspect that they are more likely to be aimed at young players who do not 'take care of themselves' in the way that modern football demands.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Martin on the defeat on 09:16 - Apr 17 with 1361 viewsmart_Goblin

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:20 - Apr 17 by PlanetHonneywood

'...But I’d wish they’d all stop calling this a young squad . It is anything but...'

Good point!

I've also become increasingly annoyed by the 'lack of communication' angle that is being highlighted as a contributory factor. Can't think of a quieter QPR team, and clearly bringing in the big Moari for a shouty session hasn't worked. What you'd give for a Macca and Wilkins now.

Yes the Moari thing clearly didn’t work but I don’t blame GA for trying …we just didn’t need to know about it at the time .

The communication thing is such a huge bug bear of mine.
It’s the bare minimum for a professional footballer . I and many others were shouting like mad that we were cropping all the leaders , all the experience, all the communicators from the squad in May (along with the best coach and coaching staff we’d had for a while ).

Just save a few Bob…and now it’s going to cost us ten fold
Chris Martin on the defeat on 09:42 - Apr 17 with 1311 viewstoboboly

Agree, most of these players should be in their prime;

Dieng - 28 - 243 apps
Dunne - 25 - 170 apps
Dickie - 27 - 338 apps
Kakay - 25 - 121 apps
Laird - 21 - 141 apps
Paal - 25 - 274 apps
Field - 24 - 191 apps
Dozzell - 23 - 163 apps
Amos - 26 - 167 apps
Johansen - 32 - 465 apps
Tim - 19 - 92 apps
Willock - 25 - 252 apps
Chair - 25 - 206 apps
Adomah - 35 - 668 apps
Dykes - 27 - 288 apps
Martin - 34 - 625 apps

Field and Dozzell have birthdays in the next 2 weeks.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chris Martin on the defeat on 09:45 - Apr 17 with 1296 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chris Martin on the defeat on 09:42 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Dieng - 28 - 243 apps
Dunne - 25 - 170 apps
Dickie - 27 - 338 apps
Kakay - 25 - 121 apps
Laird - 21 - 141 apps
Paal - 25 - 274 apps
Field - 24 - 191 apps
Dozzell - 23 - 163 apps
Amos - 26 - 167 apps
Johansen - 32 - 465 apps
Tim - 19 - 92 apps
Willock - 25 - 252 apps
Chair - 25 - 206 apps
Adomah - 35 - 668 apps
Dykes - 27 - 288 apps
Martin - 34 - 625 apps

Credit (like the photographer mentioned in Clive's report) to the statisticians who have logged each of Dozzell's 163 appearances. I assume they use LiDAR.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 1211 viewsTheChef

Chris Martin on the defeat on 22:18 - Apr 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Obviously our squad has been consistently poor for months but we've got to change things dramatically on Wednesday. There is no way he can play Dunne and Albert on that right-hand side or Dozzell in a midfield two again. Surely?

Well Balogun is out so Dunne will have to go back to CB meaning Laird starts.

Like I said really the biggest issue (as has been all season) is the midfield.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 1004 viewsBklynRanger

Chris Martin on the defeat on 08:41 - Apr 17 by daveB

Whilst he talks well and no doubt he tries he should be nowhere near the team let alone made the captain

Shows how much things have fallen apart.

We should have enough character, bottle and determination in the squad that a bloke just through the door isn't immediately captain material, regardless of his experience in the game.

And we should have enough of a clue playing-wise that Chris Martin is used only as a battering ram for the last 20 minutes with a good dollop of moral support on match day and maybe a bit of advice imparted in training.

But we're so bad he's a fcuking linchpin. My god.

As for his comments, they seemed to be connected to our lack of creativity, I thought anyway - wouldn't be hard to come up with a name or two there.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:06 - Apr 17 with 948 viewsslmrstid

Chris Martin on the defeat on 09:42 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Dieng - 28 - 243 apps
Dunne - 25 - 170 apps
Dickie - 27 - 338 apps
Kakay - 25 - 121 apps
Laird - 21 - 141 apps
Paal - 25 - 274 apps
Field - 24 - 191 apps
Dozzell - 23 - 163 apps
Amos - 26 - 167 apps
Johansen - 32 - 465 apps
Tim - 19 - 92 apps
Willock - 25 - 252 apps
Chair - 25 - 206 apps
Adomah - 35 - 668 apps
Dykes - 27 - 288 apps
Martin - 34 - 625 apps

Where do you get 92 appearances for Tim from? His Wikipedia has him down as 8 for Aston Villa prior to signing for us.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:07]
Chris Martin on the defeat on 18:04 - Apr 17 with 728 viewstoboboly

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:06 - Apr 17 by slmrstid

Where do you get 92 appearances for Tim from? His Wikipedia has him down as 8 for Aston Villa prior to signing for us.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:07]

took them from here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tim-iroegbunam/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/696

Probably should have checked Tim's as it has included so me youth football

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024