Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes 2023 16:47 - Jun 8 with 91541 viewsHoopstar

Ah the home Ashes series is almost upon us, my personal favourite sporting event (not down under, that's just generally depressing.) I need something big sporting wise to focus on and quit my worrying about QPR for a while.

Anyone going?

I was at the first day of the World Test Championship at the Oval yesterday. The Aussies looked in depressingly good nick with the bat and their pace attack appears as terrifying as ever.

I think it's going to be an exciting, tough, tense series that'll go down to the wire. I only managed to get tickets to the very final day of the Ashes on 31st July at the Oval, you never know.

I predict...

Crawley to average less than 20 with Duckett getting closer to mid 30s
Brook to really secure his position as an outstanding talent and mainstay of the team
Pope to struggle again~
Root, in what could be his last home Ashes, proving his worth again
Bairstow - haven't a clue which version turns up post broken foot

Broad - an Ashes too far? You'd be mad to write him or Jimmy off.
Robinson to nab Smith at least four times..
Ashes 2023 on 08:37 - Jun 29 with 1986 viewsconnell10

the aussies are playing BRUCEBALL ....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ashes 2023 on 08:41 - Jun 29 with 1978 viewsGaryBannister86

Ashes 2023 on 18:09 - Jun 28 by westy

Anyone think the Aussies will declare on 390.
No thought not I mean who would be stupid enough to do that in an ashes test that was needed to not be lost.
Any other England captain would have got absolute pelters for that.
I know hindsight and coulda,woulda,shoulda, but surely England must regret that decision.
I get we are trying to navigate away from the boredom of test cricket and set out new markers in the game but this is the Ashes.
Where has the needle gone between the two sides or is that part of the master plan too. Suck them in then blow them away.
This could quite easily be a whitewash

I predicted we would lose 4 0 to Oz just because of the quality of their attack and I am gutted that it is looking that way.

It's sad because Bazball worked better than I expected against them in the first test, and with just a bit of common sense at certain times we would have won, got the momentum and genuinely spooked the Aussies.

Yesterday just looked like SameOldBall not Bazball.

It is funny how the media are loving to pile in on Bazball and Stokes now. I know the Ashes are so important, but let's not go back to the Silverwood days of making it the only thing we are interested in (and still losing). Beating Pakistan 3-0 away.....still worth a lot, you know.

The only thing I don't like about our approach is the stupid remarks of Robinson and Crawley before the game. That never works and just makes us seem....Australian. If we don't have the moral high ground, what do we have?
Ashes 2023 on 09:00 - Jun 29 with 1920 viewsdaveB

Ashes 2023 on 08:41 - Jun 29 by GaryBannister86

I predicted we would lose 4 0 to Oz just because of the quality of their attack and I am gutted that it is looking that way.

It's sad because Bazball worked better than I expected against them in the first test, and with just a bit of common sense at certain times we would have won, got the momentum and genuinely spooked the Aussies.

Yesterday just looked like SameOldBall not Bazball.

It is funny how the media are loving to pile in on Bazball and Stokes now. I know the Ashes are so important, but let's not go back to the Silverwood days of making it the only thing we are interested in (and still losing). Beating Pakistan 3-0 away.....still worth a lot, you know.

The only thing I don't like about our approach is the stupid remarks of Robinson and Crawley before the game. That never works and just makes us seem....Australian. If we don't have the moral high ground, what do we have?

whatever style you play if you bowl too many no balls and drop catches you will probably lose. Despite a bad day yesterday if we can get some early wickets today it's still game on, crucial session coming up
Ashes 2023 on 12:38 - Jun 29 with 1841 viewsRangersw12

They lost last 7 wickets for 100 runs so decent fight back

Just think they are way ahead at the moment with that score
Ashes 2023 on 15:46 - Jun 29 with 1754 viewsdaveB

Ashes 2023 on 12:38 - Jun 29 by Rangersw12

They lost last 7 wickets for 100 runs so decent fight back

Just think they are way ahead at the moment with that score

looks like it will be a close game again, England batting well so far
Ashes 2023 on 15:48 - Jun 29 with 1742 viewsMrSheen

Ashes 2023 on 15:46 - Jun 29 by daveB

looks like it will be a close game again, England batting well so far

Actually slight favourites now at 6/5 against 6/4, having been as much as 4/1 late yesterday.

Not with my money!
Ashes 2023 on 16:06 - Jun 29 with 1715 viewsNov77

Long way to go til we’re back in this game, but encouraging to see our top 3 all contributing so far.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes 2023 on 16:39 - Jun 29 with 1672 viewsRangersw12

That Lyon injury could be massive

Excellent batting so far from England
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes 2023 on 16:46 - Jun 29 with 1660 viewsNov77

That was Stuart Broad type batting, fell right into the trap there Pope.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes 2023 on 16:52 - Jun 29 with 1645 viewsLimehouseR

Ashes 2023 on 16:39 - Jun 29 by Rangersw12

That Lyon injury could be massive

Excellent batting so far from England

Could be this series Glen McGrath moment...

LOL at the non Wicket from a No Ball! At least it's not just our bowlers...
Ashes 2023 on 17:08 - Jun 29 with 1613 viewsMrSheen

Ashes 2023 on 16:52 - Jun 29 by LimehouseR

Could be this series Glen McGrath moment...

LOL at the non Wicket from a No Ball! At least it's not just our bowlers...

Poor old Duckett blew his first Ashes hundred.
Ashes 2023 on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 1611 viewsNov77

Another one into the trap, why do they feel the need to attack every single short pitched delivery?

Ashes 2023 on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 1607 viewsHayesender

Ashes 2023 on 17:08 - Jun 29 by MrSheen

Poor old Duckett blew his first Ashes hundred.

Sorry, brain dead shot just two from an ashes century

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes 2023 on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 1611 viewsdenhamhoop2

England have some very talented cricketers but my God their nous and thinking leaves a lot to be desired Aussies main spinner gone off injured Aussies have resorted to everyone out deep on leg side and bouncer after bouncer just let the ball go by but nope Pope Duckett and Root all trying to hook the ball. Brain dead batting play the situation
Ashes 2023 on 17:15 - Jun 29 with 1584 viewsNov77

What’s the rule on bouncers? I thought you were only allowed two per over?

Ashes 2023 on 17:28 - Jun 29 with 1544 viewsRangersw12

Moronic batting again
Ashes 2023 on 17:28 - Jun 29 with 1543 viewsNov77

This is absolutely moronic from England, they were right back in the game, on top even, and they’re throwing it away. Just let them tire themselves out bowling bouncers, they’ll soon change tact.

Ashes 2023 on 17:40 - Jun 29 with 1516 viewsted_hendrix

Thick as shit.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes 2023 on 17:58 - Jun 29 with 1485 viewsdaveB

no doubt it's entertaining to watch but some really poor shots played here to let Australia off the hook.

Fascinating to see how this is gonna pan out
Ashes 2023 on 18:34 - Jun 29 with 1443 viewsMrSheen

Head looks like your classic dirty 80s cop. Throw downs, pay offs, couple of hooker girlfriends and a good stock of seized coke for sale.
Ashes 2023 on 19:06 - Jun 29 with 1376 viewseastside_r

Ashes 2023 on 18:34 - Jun 29 by MrSheen

Head looks like your classic dirty 80s cop. Throw downs, pay offs, couple of hooker girlfriends and a good stock of seized coke for sale.

Yeah. What is the Australians’ obsession with moustaches?
Ashes 2023 on 20:24 - Jun 29 with 1316 viewsLimehouseR

Ashes 2023 on 17:15 - Jun 29 by Nov77

What’s the rule on bouncers? I thought you were only allowed two per over?

I think that only applies in the shorter forms of the game, one day and maybe T20.
Ashes 2023 on 20:46 - Jun 29 with 1300 viewsRangersw12

England's day in the end but christ we do make things hard for ourselves sometimes

As usual first hour is crucial
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 22:04]
Ashes 2023 on 21:48 - Jun 29 with 1221 viewsMalintabuk

Just got home from Lords... and to say I'm spitting feathers is an understatement. It's bad enough having to support our club but this... unbelievable
We fight back in the morning and reach 180 odd for 1, the one wicket from Lyons again an opener stumped!!!!
He limps off... and the Aussie throw on the cart horse Green... and we throw it away... Jesus wept
Duckett, Pope and of all people Root.... brain farts.... then Brook who is so lucky to still be there after being dropped on ... yes another short ball....
What on earth is going on..... bazzball... more like moronball.
Duckett 2 short of a Lords century in an Ashes game.... how might he look back on that one day. Root words fail me...a class act playing T20 in a test match.... and Brook well... he actually steps leg side to Starc .... 90 mph short ball to do...well not entirely sure
We had them... and we let it go....
We may well go on to win this now Lyon is out but it will be more by good fortune than bazball
Give these Aussies some respect.... and play them as it should be... when your on top play test match cricket and grind them down
Rant nearly over
Ashes 2023 on 22:06 - Jun 29 with 1182 viewsHayesender

Ashes 2023 on 21:48 - Jun 29 by Malintabuk

Just got home from Lords... and to say I'm spitting feathers is an understatement. It's bad enough having to support our club but this... unbelievable
We fight back in the morning and reach 180 odd for 1, the one wicket from Lyons again an opener stumped!!!!
He limps off... and the Aussie throw on the cart horse Green... and we throw it away... Jesus wept
Duckett, Pope and of all people Root.... brain farts.... then Brook who is so lucky to still be there after being dropped on ... yes another short ball....
What on earth is going on..... bazzball... more like moronball.
Duckett 2 short of a Lords century in an Ashes game.... how might he look back on that one day. Root words fail me...a class act playing T20 in a test match.... and Brook well... he actually steps leg side to Starc .... 90 mph short ball to do...well not entirely sure
We had them... and we let it go....
We may well go on to win this now Lyon is out but it will be more by good fortune than bazball
Give these Aussies some respect.... and play them as it should be... when your on top play test match cricket and grind them down
Rant nearly over

Wasn't lucky enough to be there, but watching on the tele was quite telling.

Brook has a MLB sticker on his bat, and the way he swung his bat at some of those balls, he looked like he was trying for a few home runs.

Come on lads, this isn't exciting, it's moronic stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024