Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 15:51 - Dec 2 with 25121 views_dezzy

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-v-oldham-athletic-club-statem

This post has been edited by an administrator

KHBA

Club staetment on 16:06 - Dec 2 with 10606 viewstazzydjr

A few questions were missed why didn't the ob react when Rival supporters were spotted in the home area?

Why did they just stand there and wait for it to go off with these nutcases from the wrong side of Royton?

If i walked into Chaddy End Stand Oldham Atheltic Away wouldn't i of got a banning order that is correct? why weren't this enforced by the ob at Spotland yet it would of been at Boundary Park on Derby Day

Was the ob working for Oldham or were they Oldham fans themselves?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Club staetment on 16:42 - Dec 2 with 10493 views442Dale

That's a great statement. Very informative around the decision making process involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club staetment on 16:45 - Dec 2 with 10475 viewsDaley_Lama

If you are well known to the police spotters, perhaps you would be asked to leave

If you rarely go to games and are there as a Athlunatic, then the police may not know you to ask you to leave.

Great article by the club.

Poll: DF in or out

Club staetment on 16:50 - Dec 2 with 10457 views100notout

Club staetment on 16:06 - Dec 2 by tazzydjr

A few questions were missed why didn't the ob react when Rival supporters were spotted in the home area?

Why did they just stand there and wait for it to go off with these nutcases from the wrong side of Royton?

If i walked into Chaddy End Stand Oldham Atheltic Away wouldn't i of got a banning order that is correct? why weren't this enforced by the ob at Spotland yet it would of been at Boundary Park on Derby Day

Was the ob working for Oldham or were they Oldham fans themselves?

What has the Observer got to do with it?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Club staetment on 17:00 - Dec 2 with 10401 viewsrobbowood

Club staetment on 16:42 - Dec 2 by 442Dale

That's a great statement. Very informative around the decision making process involved.

I agree 100%

I can't see what more the club, the police or the stewards could have done

If a small number of "so-called" Oldham fans deliberately go into the Pearl Street end, completely ignoring signs saying "home fans only" and knowing full well there was likely to be trouble by doing so, then they deserve to be punished

Let's give praise where due - the vast majority of Oldham fans were a credit to their club (though winning 3-0 helped!)
Club staetment on 17:08 - Dec 2 with 10374 viewsBiggusDickus6969

Regarding postcodes and close proximity. Why couldn't there be something in place where it was all ticket in which you had to get a 'voucher' or use a ticket from a game this season to purchase one for the oldham game.
Club staetment on 17:13 - Dec 2 with 10351 viewstazzydjr

Club staetment on 17:08 - Dec 2 by BiggusDickus6969

Regarding postcodes and close proximity. Why couldn't there be something in place where it was all ticket in which you had to get a 'voucher' or use a ticket from a game this season to purchase one for the oldham game.

to be fair the Athlunatic's will just find an loophole around this they're not that dumb they are Ex-Premiership Fan's mixed with League 1 Fan's just ask fellow Leeds United Fan's when their in town again
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 17:14]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Club staetment on 17:28 - Dec 2 with 10280 views442Dale

Club staetment on 17:08 - Dec 2 by BiggusDickus6969

That's a half decent idea and one the club could think about for the future. However it then limits the amount of floating fans that might turn up just for local derbies and Cup matches, and we have to cater for these fans too.

One of the best ways would be to have fans on a ticketing database. From here, back in August: http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1803
"The club have confirmed that online ticketing will commence this season, and it will link in as well with a whole new online shop. Because of the importance of getting it right, it won’t be rushed and its highly likely that it may be launched in two stages with ticketing first of all, before the online shop comes later."

Any news on where this is up to? Once fans have bought a ticket, their details will be there for all ticket games and the numbers of opposition fans buying tickets could be reduced further as the system could be used to analyse who is buying - this would put off some troublecausers straight away.

If we have a campaign to attract all floating fans to a lesser game to get them on the ticket system it's a classic two birds with one stone. Make it an event and we benefit short and long term.

Login to get fewer ads

Club staetment on 17:35 - Dec 2 with 10245 viewsBrierls

The club statement is one of the main stories on SSN.
Club staetment on 17:38 - Dec 2 with 10230 viewsTalkingSutty

Club staetment on 17:35 - Dec 2 by Brierls

The club statement is one of the main stories on SSN.

Just seen that and it doesn't show the club in a good light, Sky is beamed all around the world and it's embarrassing to watch. The feature shows footage from the game including police struggling with somebody on the floor and the two idiots running over the pitch and they had a reporter live from some location in Manchester spouting on about the trouble.

There could be repercussions as a result of this which could cost the club money in the long run, there always as to be a scapegoat.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 17:52]
Club staetment on 17:40 - Dec 2 with 10211 viewsborntogo

But were the 'vast majority' well-behaved? At first I put it down to just a small proportion of Oldham’s fan base but, looking at the photographs, there were hundreds of them jeering and goading and 'up for it'.
Also, reading their message boards, I detect a real pride among the more moderate fan, as if their lads went off to a nearby village and came back with food and drink and merry cheer, basically a primitive response, rather than the condemnation and embarrassment it warranted.
However this is dressed up, it was a neanderthal gathering of the tribes by Oldham and a cynical attempt to outnumber and bully a smaller club, for no real reason whatsoever. What's that saying about what happens when good men stand by and do nothing?
Club staetment on 17:47 - Dec 2 with 10159 views442Dale

Club staetment on 17:38 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Just seen that and it doesn't show the club in a good light, Sky is beamed all around the world and it's embarrassing to watch. The feature shows footage from the game including police struggling with somebody on the floor and the two idiots running over the pitch and they had a reporter live from some location in Manchester spouting on about the trouble.

There could be repercussions as a result of this which could cost the club money in the long run, there always as to be a scapegoat.

Was it a featured story or on the newsfeed down at the bottom?

Club staetment on 17:54 - Dec 2 with 10130 viewsTalkingSutty

Club staetment on 17:47 - Dec 2 by 442Dale

Was it a featured story or on the newsfeed down at the bottom?

A story and they cut live to a reporter in Manchester. They also showed coverage of some the incidents.
Club staetment on 18:01 - Dec 2 with 10097 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Club staetment on 17:54 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

A story and they cut live to a reporter in Manchester. They also showed coverage of some the incidents.

It will all soon be forgotten as the Prem League takes over Sky's network.

Probably move us both up the league of Fiesty Derbies that get's churned out ever few months..

Those who were there know that the incidents were isolated and most important WHO the main perpetrators were!
Club statement on 18:02 - Dec 2 with 10091 viewsbiffo4321

Are you the Liverpool of League One? Never your fault....

To shunt 100% of the blame on ourselves is laughable and embarrassing for yourselves.
Club staetment on 18:05 - Dec 2 with 10068 viewsbig_dave2010

Club staetment on 17:13 - Dec 2 by tazzydjr

to be fair the Athlunatic's will just find an loophole around this they're not that dumb they are Ex-Premiership Fan's mixed with League 1 Fan's just ask fellow Leeds United Fan's when their in town again
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 17:14]

one can only presume that you talk drivel because you don't completely understand what is going on...
Club statement on 18:08 - Dec 2 with 10044 viewstazzydjr

Club statement on 18:02 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

To shunt 100% of the blame on ourselves is laughable and embarrassing for yourselves.

So you Athlunatic's are innocent even though there video evidence that it were your fans who caused all the trouble? So your saying that Stockport County 08/09 Season wasn't Athlunatic's Faults despite it being your fan's caught on camera? Are you trying to turn the blame on us as you think your all angel's who can't do nothing wrong my god. I'm not stereotyping but are most your fanbase on day release on match day? It says lot when even Leeds & Blades behaved
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 18:10]

Club statement on 18:19 - Dec 2 with 9965 viewsnordenblue

Club statement on 18:02 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Many apologies for Rochdale fans setting off flares and smoke bombs, and our mistake again for our fans going in the wrong end,can we offer our deepest regrets at smashing the regal moon up before and after the game too.
Last but not least Ill have a word too and make sure none of our fans ever make a repeat performance of running on the pitch to change stands in the future
Club staetment on 18:20 - Dec 2 with 9961 viewsdingdangblue

Club staetment on 17:38 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

There was an escaped goat too! I missed that in all the hullabaloo.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club statement on 18:30 - Dec 2 with 9918 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 18:08 - Dec 2 by tazzydjr

So you Athlunatic's are innocent even though there video evidence that it were your fans who caused all the trouble? So your saying that Stockport County 08/09 Season wasn't Athlunatic's Faults despite it being your fan's caught on camera? Are you trying to turn the blame on us as you think your all angel's who can't do nothing wrong my god. I'm not stereotyping but are most your fanbase on day release on match day? It says lot when even Leeds & Blades behaved
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 18:10]

Where in my post did I say none of it was our fault?

But that club statement lays 100% of the blame on Oldham Athletic.

Going in the wrong stand is NOT an excuse to assault somebody.

This whole thing could have been prevented as you've had 5-6 weeks knowing we had sold out our allocation and plenty still wanted to go to the game.
Club staetment on 18:31 - Dec 2 with 9910 viewsbennersdale

Club staetment on 17:40 - Dec 2 by borntogo

But were the 'vast majority' well-behaved? At first I put it down to just a small proportion of Oldham’s fan base but, looking at the photographs, there were hundreds of them jeering and goading and 'up for it'.
Also, reading their message boards, I detect a real pride among the more moderate fan, as if their lads went off to a nearby village and came back with food and drink and merry cheer, basically a primitive response, rather than the condemnation and embarrassment it warranted.
However this is dressed up, it was a neanderthal gathering of the tribes by Oldham and a cynical attempt to outnumber and bully a smaller club, for no real reason whatsoever. What's that saying about what happens when good men stand by and do nothing?

You've hit the nail on the head there borntogo that's exactly the impression I get from them. Billy big bollox comes to town and all that.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Club statement on 18:38 - Dec 2 with 9882 viewsR17ALE

Club statement on 18:30 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

This whole thing could have been prevented as you've had 5-6 weeks knowing we had sold out our allocation and plenty still wanted to go to the game.

Yes we know. And even though it's been explained countless times, your lot seem unable to grasp the layout of our ground against the concept of it being our home game. Some of your lot seem to be being extra thick on purpose in regards to this. Our terrace, for example has one entrance, one toilet block, and one pie hut.

Unless you put a fence between the 2 urinals and another one between the steak pies and the meat and potato pies, it is impossible to segregate. Likewise the Main Stand, and the Pearl Street has a supporter's bar underneath it, which is impossible to segregate. I really cannot make it any clearer.

You got the full away allocation. You sold out. Well done.

If/when you sold out of your allocation at Wembley in the League Cup final, did you lobby Wembley for more tickets?

Answer: No.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Club statement on 18:39 - Dec 2 with 9878 viewsbennersdale

Club statement on 18:30 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Go on then give us a solution? It has been covered over and over that you wouldn't get any other part of the ground, you got your allocation which is a very good one compared to other grounds percentage of available space. Fair play to those shatic fans who came and watched the game in the home ends and kept their gobs shut, those who chose not to do spoiled it for everybody else. The blame falls on Oldham supporters who couldnt behave themselves in the home end.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Club statement on 18:42 - Dec 2 with 9864 viewsTalkingSutty

Club statement on 18:38 - Dec 2 by R17ALE

Yes we know. And even though it's been explained countless times, your lot seem unable to grasp the layout of our ground against the concept of it being our home game. Some of your lot seem to be being extra thick on purpose in regards to this. Our terrace, for example has one entrance, one toilet block, and one pie hut.

Unless you put a fence between the 2 urinals and another one between the steak pies and the meat and potato pies, it is impossible to segregate. Likewise the Main Stand, and the Pearl Street has a supporter's bar underneath it, which is impossible to segregate. I really cannot make it any clearer.

You got the full away allocation. You sold out. Well done.

If/when you sold out of your allocation at Wembley in the League Cup final, did you lobby Wembley for more tickets?

Answer: No.

I think you're wasting your time mate, we've all tried but they just can't grasp it. I don't think they are doing it on purpose neither. Like I said the clue is in their nickname, how else can you explain the level of thickness??
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 18:49]
Club statement on 18:47 - Dec 2 with 9834 viewsR17ALE

Club statement on 18:39 - Dec 2 by bennersdale

Go on then give us a solution? It has been covered over and over that you wouldn't get any other part of the ground, you got your allocation which is a very good one compared to other grounds percentage of available space. Fair play to those shatic fans who came and watched the game in the home ends and kept their gobs shut, those who chose not to do spoiled it for everybody else. The blame falls on Oldham supporters who couldnt behave themselves in the home end.

I think the only solution would have been to build a second tier on Willbutts in the space of 2 weeks to accommodate an extra 500 or so!

Cost of building £2m. Ticket receipts £1000.

I think we've missed a trick here!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024