Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! 12:13 - Feb 10 with 27389 viewsClivert

https://t.co/UlGFj2XKt5
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 18:25 - Feb 11 with 4922 viewsjudd

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 18:20 - Feb 11 by R17ALE

That happened to me too! Some jobsworth apprehended me as I tried to walk in the same gate. No explanation, Just a "you can't come in."

I presume it's Health and safety what with tractors and things roaming about and it was going dark.

Or is there something in there they don't want us to see?

If so, it's a policy change from yesterday when I was able to wander in and look at the pitch which, was completely unplayable on the Willbutts side, but the drill and fill area had held up remarkably well with just a few small puddles on it.

Apparently they have found the Loch Ness monster

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 18:51 - Feb 11 with 4777 viewsDaleiLama

That happened to me too! Some jobsworth apprehended me as I tried to walk in the same gate. No explanation, Just a "you can't come in."

I presume it's Health and safety what with tractors and things roaming about and it was going dark.

If so, it's a policy change from yesterday when I was able to wander in and look at the pitch which, was completely unplayable on the Willbutts side, but the drill and fill area had held up remarkably well with just a few small puddles on it.

Wonder if the Scott Hogan money is buried out there somewhere near the W illbuts?

Wish I'd had a clipboard - shoe in to get in then

[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 19:26]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 19:04 - Feb 11 with 4698 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 18:51 - Feb 11 by DaleiLama

Wonder if the Scott Hogan money is buried out there somewhere near the W illbuts?

Hard hat and hi-viz

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 19:09 - Feb 11 with 4661 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 17:05 - Feb 11 by rafc1977

Is Oli Makin back at the club now (employed) he was here Tuesday for Millwall and again today, so either Scunthorpe are very kind in letting him help or is an announcement to be made soon?

I really do think we need to get the best groundsman we can, if we are historically going to suffer from the rain we have then we need who've got proven experience, be that Oli or AN Other.

He will certainly be trying to get back in I suspect, and I understand he has been for a while as he’s had numerous jobs since leaving originally without ever staying too long anywhere I believe. I feel for his predecessor (first time around) as that was the only time we had a decent pitch in living memory, and in fact it was recognised by the football league at the time, and appears to never get mentioned-anything since then hasn’t been that good despite posts on here to the contrary.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 19:22 - Feb 11 with 4551 viewsDaley_Lama

I’d say H&S and don’t blame contractors for doing so to be fair.

Try entering a construction site or anything similiar and permits to work or inductions protect the company liability.

Sneak in the other corner of the ground and you get a free look at everyting going on. 😇 Pitch is coming up.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 19:47 - Feb 11 with 4419 viewsBobbyjoe

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 18:51 - Feb 11 by DaleiLama

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad World!
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 4315 viewsrobtheb

Tough time for those working on pitch.
Lights on as I post and snowing pretty heavy.
Good luck.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 4236 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 19:47 - Feb 11 by Bobbyjoe

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad World!

You can say that again - we got Spurs in the 5th round of the cup at home!

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 4241 viewsMoonyDale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:11 - Feb 11 by robtheb

Tough time for those working on pitch.
Lights on as I post and snowing pretty heavy.
Good luck.

The weather god's are sure giving us a proper kicking recently.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:37 - Feb 11 with 4200 viewssoulboy

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:29 - Feb 11 by MoonyDale

The weather god's are sure giving us a proper kicking recently.....

Just driven down Whitworth Rd and up Halifax Rd to Littleborough, snowing heavily and the roads are treacherous. Knowing our luck the pitch will be perfect on Sunday but the streets full of snow and ice, match off!
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:45 - Feb 11 with 4139 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:37 - Feb 11 by soulboy

Just driven down Whitworth Rd and up Halifax Rd to Littleborough, snowing heavily and the roads are treacherous. Knowing our luck the pitch will be perfect on Sunday but the streets full of snow and ice, match off!

No snow is only forecast for a day or so - then turning to rain - but the forecast for next Sunday is dry at the minute! The real worry is how can they possibly lay the pitch in this current weather? Time is of the essence and I presume the pitch won't have been covered as they were working on it today? It's a nightmare!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:47 - Feb 11 with 4117 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:45 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

No snow is only forecast for a day or so - then turning to rain - but the forecast for next Sunday is dry at the minute! The real worry is how can they possibly lay the pitch in this current weather? Time is of the essence and I presume the pitch won't have been covered as they were working on it today? It's a nightmare!

Pure guesswork: they remove the existing pitch without the need for covers, no point in hiring the dome to protect the surface at this stage. Then that arrives so work can take place under it like last week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:52 - Feb 11 with 4070 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:47 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Pure guesswork: they remove the existing pitch without the need for covers, no point in hiring the dome to protect the surface at this stage. Then that arrives so work can take place under it like last week.

More guess work: Premier pitches must be able to Google the weather forecast and have seen it and still believe they can deliver a pitch (by your method or a. n. other). They will have massive egg on their face and suffer huge reputational damage if they fail with a national spotlight on them. Won't do us much good either.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:57 - Feb 11 with 4028 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:52 - Feb 11 by DaleiLama

More guess work: Premier pitches must be able to Google the weather forecast and have seen it and still believe they can deliver a pitch (by your method or a. n. other). They will have massive egg on their face and suffer huge reputational damage if they fail with a national spotlight on them. Won't do us much good either.

We did it in a week last year with less resources. There are people in campervans, a sure sign any impending doom can be averted. Independence Day taught us this.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 4009 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:37 - Feb 11 by soulboy

You make a valid point there about the surrounding roads and streets. There was agame called off either last season or the season before because the pavements and streets surrounding the ground hadn`t been treated. It would be just like the club to get the pitch perfect and forget to grit the surrounding areas. The council certainly won`t be doing it, as all their vehicles go straight to the M62. Sod the tax payers.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:04 - Feb 11 with 3984 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:52 - Feb 11 by DaleiLama

Will the snow not just be removed at the same time as the top surface of the pitch?

I maybe over simplifying it, but as long as it only snows while this process is being done, theres no pitch to protect, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:09 - Feb 11 with 3934 viewsJames1980

Shame challenge Anneka isn't still going she'd have got the pitch sorted and installed an adventure playground to boot

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:14 - Feb 11 with 3906 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 20:57 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

We did it in a week last year with less resources. There are people in campervans, a sure sign any impending doom can be averted. Independence Day taught us this.

I thought we were only battling the elements? Are you now suggesting there is a ship full of of hostile D_Aliens hovering above the COA? If so, any chance of them WhatsApping a few snaps of what's going on for the curious?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:15 - Feb 11 with 3896 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:04 - Feb 11 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Will the snow not just be removed at the same time as the top surface of the pitch?

I maybe over simplifying it, but as long as it only snows while this process is being done, theres no pitch to protect, so I'm sure it will be fine.

If they started last night you would presume that the old pitch is dug up already. Removing snow from the ground is going to be a nightmare if it's not covered ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 3693 views49thseason

Well, at least the FAs groundsman will realise how shite the weather here is.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 3381 viewsD_Alien

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:14 - Feb 11 by DaleiLama

I thought we were only battling the elements? Are you now suggesting there is a ship full of of hostile D_Aliens hovering above the COA? If so, any chance of them WhatsApping a few snaps of what's going on for the curious?

Ha! I'm in Snowdonia having an all-inclusive early Valentine's treat!

Maybe I should "get a life" (#soulboy) but I won't drone on!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 09:02 - Feb 12 with 2975 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:00 - Feb 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

You make a valid point there about the surrounding roads and streets. There was agame called off either last season or the season before because the pavements and streets surrounding the ground hadn`t been treated. It would be just like the club to get the pitch perfect and forget to grit the surrounding areas. The council certainly won`t be doing it, as all their vehicles go straight to the M62. Sod the tax payers.

Don't highways england grit the m62 from their depot in milnrow next to the m62

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 09:19 - Feb 12 with 2919 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 21:00 - Feb 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

There's no snow forecast beyond tomorrow - hopefully the worst has hit us and the pitch work isn't disrupted too much!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2639272

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 09:23 - Feb 12 with 2907 viewsShun

Dunphy reported to the queuers this morning that the pitch returf will be done by either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon (I can't remember which!). He seemed in good spirits about it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:28]
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 2676 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 09:23 - Feb 12 by Shun

Dunphy reported to the queuers this morning that the pitch returf will be done by either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon (I can't remember which!). He seemed in good spirits about it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:28]

It illustrates how effective the process must be with the extra support from the FA/contractors that all this snow will have minimal impact. Thought it would be about Thursday when it’s done.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024