Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 124579 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:53 - Dec 7 with 2383 viewsPinnerPaul

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:38 - Dec 7 by daveB

Keane and Souness have become a parody of themselves recently. They were so angry about Brazil the other night was ridiculous

Agree, they seem to lack the ability to take the mic out of themselves, which is what makes McCoist so engaging.

If he says something in the heat of the moment that is silly or just plain wrong he will usually own up and make a joke out of it.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:34 - Dec 7 with 2324 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:37 - Dec 7 by daveB

Brian Morre was similiar in 1986 going on about the time difference every night.

That Mexico World Cup was the first time I'd heard Moore as we'd just moved back to England.

He was so repetitive that in our house he was known as "Heat and Humidity" Man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:58 - Dec 7 with 2294 viewskensalriser

Even my missus, who knows less about football than I do about nuclear physics, is laughing at the inane commentary now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:15 - Dec 7 with 2251 viewspaulparker

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:34 - Dec 7 by PinnerPaul

although Roy Keane and Souness never look happy .....................anywhere!

Lee Dixon also pretty good I think.

Lee Dixon !!!! He is awful
Close your eyes next time he does commentary and forgot who he is for a moment
He sounds like Karl Pilkington

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:07 - Dec 7 with 2147 viewsMetallica_Hoop

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:15 - Dec 7 by paulparker

Lee Dixon !!!! He is awful
Close your eyes next time he does commentary and forgot who he is for a moment
He sounds like Karl Pilkington

I watched a couple of American streams with Warren Barton and Landon Donovan they were pretty good as a duo.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 22:07]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:59 - Dec 8 with 2000 viewsSnipper

Read these imagining their voices. 😂😂😂

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:00 - Dec 8 with 1998 viewsCamberleyR

Had ITV had enough of Turdsley's Ronaldo witterings the other night and he's been hauled over the coals?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:37 - Dec 8 with 1985 viewstraininvain

Credit to Sterling and it speaks volumes about the togetherness that Southgate has created. Let’s hope it gives the squad a lift ahead of Saturday’s game and who knows, maybe Sterling will make a key contribution on the pitch between now and the end of the tournament.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/08/raheem-sterling-returning-to-wo
Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 12:15 - Dec 8 with 1935 viewsJuzzie

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:00 - Dec 8 by CamberleyR

Had ITV had enough of Turdsley's Ronaldo witterings the other night and he's been hauled over the coals?

All the people replying must be Man Utd fans.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:17 - Dec 8 with 1814 viewsToast_R

FIFA World Cup thread. on 12:15 - Dec 8 by Juzzie

All the people replying must be Man Utd fans.

Must be nice getting paid good money to do something you'd do for free and getting flown Business class around the world to do it.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 1777 viewsderbyhoop

Twice this week, I've had a ribbing from French people about the QF on Saturday.

We've got a big do planned for my 70th birthday ( no, I don't look that old, thank you) and FIFA go and arrange a big match to clash with my birthday party.

TV needs to be provided. With sound off!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:28 - Dec 8 with 1747 viewsericgen34

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:03 - Dec 8 by derbyhoop

Twice this week, I've had a ribbing from French people about the QF on Saturday.

We've got a big do planned for my 70th birthday ( no, I don't look that old, thank you) and FIFA go and arrange a big match to clash with my birthday party.

Ouch, bad timing!

Because of my QPR connections some people here ask me if I will support England or France :)

I will support France of course, but I hate England v France in footy or rugby. They always seem to bring about the nasty nationalistic sides on both sides and are uncomfortable with my UK colleagues family and friends.

I really really hope for a non controversial result, no VAR or refereeing nonsense, no malice either side and that the best team wins (which I hope is France of course ;)
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:39 - Dec 8 with 1702 viewsJuzzie

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:28 - Dec 8 by ericgen34

Ouch, bad timing!

Because of my QPR connections some people here ask me if I will support England or France :)

I will support France of course, but I hate England v France in footy or rugby. They always seem to bring about the nasty nationalistic sides on both sides and are uncomfortable with my UK colleagues family and friends.

I really really hope for a non controversial result, no VAR or refereeing nonsense, no malice either side and that the best team wins (which I hope is France of course ;)

Unfortunately England v anyone brings out nasty nationalistic stuff, mainly from our stupid red-top newspapers.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:50 - Dec 8 with 1685 viewsMrSheen

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:03 - Dec 8 by derbyhoop

Its my Sister-in-Law's 60th party at the same time as the game as well, fortunately she is interested enough to allow her guests to watch it, though it's another reason to want to avoid extra time.

Enjoy your party, shame being an hour ahead eats into it even more. Not looking forward to Burnley with a hang-over, I was grumpy enough at the prospect as it was.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:24 - Dec 9 with 1516 viewsMrSheen

Laure, Gilou, into the Peugeot, someone's kidnapped Pogba!
https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/balling-in-the-banlieues-the-problem
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:17 - Dec 9 with 1427 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:00 - Dec 8 by CamberleyR

He was always duye home after the 2nd round, ITV only have 4 more live games and Matterface doing 3 of them I think. Thats a miserable bit of news for everyone on a Friday
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:46 - Dec 9 with 1345 viewsQPRSteve

I hear that Robbie Williams has done a private performance for the England squad. Fancy making them watch that before an important match! Poor bàstards.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:31 - Dec 9 with 1292 viewsTheChef

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:46 - Dec 9 by QPRSteve

I hear that Robbie Williams has done a private performance for the England squad. Fancy making them watch that before an important match! Poor bàstards.

I assume the message from the Southgate was "if we beat France then you won't have to listen to him again". Good management that.

I'm feeling fairly relaxed about tomorrow night - mainly because quarter finals are about par for England in tournaments; also because when we tend to play "lesser" teams there's an expectation England should win. Not the case tomorrow, just hope it's a great game and we have a bloody good go.

Two cracking games today!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 12:08 - Dec 9 with 1246 viewsstowmarketrange

FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:31 - Dec 9 by TheChef

I assume the message from the Southgate was "if we beat France then you won't have to listen to him again". Good management that.

I'm feeling fairly relaxed about tomorrow night - mainly because quarter finals are about par for England in tournaments; also because when we tend to play "lesser" teams there's an expectation England should win. Not the case tomorrow, just hope it's a great game and we have a bloody good go.

Two cracking games today!

I heard a stat the other day that England have only beaten a team higher in the fifa rankings once at a World Cup.But we’ve won 11 times against teams lower than us.Tomorrow would be a good time to make it twice.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 12:29 - Dec 9 with 1222 viewsJuzzie

From the BBC Football page; "World Cup latest: Portugal boss says 'leave Ronaldo alone'".

Nah, not having that. if you're going to act the way he has, including 'managing' the Euro2016 Final, the last twenty years or so then he's going to attract attention to that. Actions & consequences.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:38 - Dec 9 with 1130 viewsMrSheen

From the BBC Online Commentary, not sure this was justified, whatever you think of Neymar.

31 mins
Post update
Croatia 0-0 Brazil

Ooof! Talk about a cynical foul. Croatia's Marcelo Brozvic goes into the book for dumping over Neymar.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:39 - Dec 9 with 1020 viewsNushnool

The Croatia goalkeeper is having a cracking game here.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:54 - Dec 9 with 985 viewstraininvain

Modric as well. I swear he gets better with age.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:08 - Dec 9 with 947 viewsToast_R

Croatia have been playing for penalties since when... kick off?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:10 - Dec 9 with 942 viewstraininvain

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:08 - Dec 9 by Toast_R

Croatia have been playing for penalties since when... kick off?

Probably saw how South Korea set up vs Brazil and thought no thanks!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024