Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 125450 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 07:47 - Dec 3 with 2341 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:05 - Dec 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Am I the one who just saw that Uruguay player shove the Lino?

Ok, not so admirable then.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FIFA World Cup thread. on 07:50 - Dec 3 with 2328 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:30 - Dec 2 by MrSheen

Serbia-Switzerland an absolute belter so far.

Are you able to watch either game in Ireland?

Yes, on seperate channels - RTÉ 2 and RTÉ News.

FIFA World Cup thread. on 08:03 - Dec 3 with 2273 viewsdistortR

FIFA World Cup thread. on 07:47 - Dec 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, not so admirable then.

at least he took his whole self to work.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 08:37 - Dec 3 with 2240 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:29 - Dec 2 by aston_hoop

If they're going to use VAR, then at least use it to punish blatant attempts at cheating like that

Agreed. The was atrocious. I've been banging on about the injustice that Mitrovic got at the last World Cup when he was wrestled to the floor by two Swiss players and VAR wouldn't look at it even though it was a clear penalty, but no more after seeing that last night. Lucky not to get a red too, he looked like a kettle about to explode by the end as did most of the Serbs. Very poor. Feel a draw was about right and would've sent Cameroon through instead.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 08:51 - Dec 3 with 2222 viewsTonto

Only 3 teams remained unbeaten after the group games... Morocco probably the surprising one.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:59 - Dec 3 with 2067 viewsNorthernr

I can't get over the US defending for that third goal. Have you ever seen a left back stand there for that length of time without ever once having a look over his shoulder to see what's going on behind?

I mean, a grown man called Antonee who's going around insisting everybody call him "Jedi" is to be put straight in the sea immediately anyway but he's so fast and talented and beautiful and successful and rich and plays the fcking piano and does card tricks and models underwear that I thought I should probably give him a reprieve until that moment. Nah, into the sea with you. Clint Hill is out there now in a pub on the Wirral shouting at the TV 20 minutes later is my bet.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:04 - Dec 3 with 2046 viewsPhildo

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:59 - Dec 3 by Northernr

I can't get over the US defending for that third goal. Have you ever seen a left back stand there for that length of time without ever once having a look over his shoulder to see what's going on behind?

I mean, a grown man called Antonee who's going around insisting everybody call him "Jedi" is to be put straight in the sea immediately anyway but he's so fast and talented and beautiful and successful and rich and plays the fcking piano and does card tricks and models underwear that I thought I should probably give him a reprieve until that moment. Nah, into the sea with you. Clint Hill is out there now in a pub on the Wirral shouting at the TV 20 minutes later is my bet.

Denzil had his hand up so long they had to treat him for cramp of the elbow
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:53 - Dec 3 with 1988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The way the centre-back just looked at him, motionless save the exasperated raised arms.

I mean, how do you reason with that? What do you say to that?

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:05 - Dec 3 with 1961 viewsterryb

I assumed he had been watching Assou-Ekoto playing for Queens Park Rangers & thought that he would try to outdo him!

How long into Fulham's next game before Ream gives him the ultimate sucicide ball?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:00 - Dec 3 with 1842 viewsdistortR

Messi
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:04 - Dec 3 with 1833 viewsstowmarketrange

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:00 - Dec 3 by distortR

Messi

I’m pleased to say that I’ve seen him play live 4 times for Barcelona,and he is without doubt the best player I’ve ever seen.And he continues to perform at the highest level.
What a player.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:13 - Dec 3 with 1809 viewstraininvain

Messi’s rolling back the years at this World Cup. Seems to be getting better every game.

I was surprised to hear that Messi’s goal tonight was his first in the knockout rounds of a World Cup and Ronaldo hasn’t scored before in the knockouts.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:16 - Dec 3 with 1798 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:13 - Dec 3 by traininvain

Messi’s rolling back the years at this World Cup. Seems to be getting better every game.

I was surprised to hear that Messi’s goal tonight was his first in the knockout rounds of a World Cup and Ronaldo hasn’t scored before in the knockouts.

How the fck are we going to get the ball off Argentina when if / when we play them?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:22 - Dec 3 with 1795 viewstraininvain

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:16 - Dec 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

How the fck are we going to get the ball off Argentina when if / when we play them?

Could be the final. England have the better team on paper but Argentina have Messi and anything’s possible with him on the pitch.

Every Argentina game sounds like it’s being played in Buenos Aires. Loudest fans at the tournament.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:30 - Dec 3 with 1778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching an old Messi playing like a young Messi dragging his team through with joy was a pure gift.

I don't care a jot about comparsons and I find them insulting, but, being honest, I think he is now better than me.

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:40 - Dec 3 with 1759 viewsMrSheen

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:30 - Dec 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Watching an old Messi playing like a young Messi dragging his team through with joy was a pure gift.

I don't care a jot about comparsons and I find them insulting, but, being honest, I think he is now better than me.

Sorry Brian, but I think he’s a bit better than you, too.

I’m sure you pay more tax though.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:33 - Dec 3 with 1694 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:30 - Dec 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Ten pints of ESB with chasers, and I'd be Messy for a couple of days.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:36 - Dec 3 with 1692 viewsnumptydumpty

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:33 - Dec 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Seny on the England game.

Nothing meaningful said really but nice to see him involved.

The words "Laid back character" and "Seny Dieng" certainly go together...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:53 - Dec 3 with 1652 viewsCLAREMAN1995

FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:36 - Dec 3 by numptydumpty

The words "Laid back character" and "Seny Dieng" certainly go together...

See I told everybody both Seny and Chair are having a great time away in the sun while we struggle with Beale using and frustrating us all .
If Senegal had Mane and that suspended player (sorry name escapes me ) they would put it up to England but I see the a 0-2 loss and Seny heading back to us Monday
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:03 - Dec 4 with 1440 viewsTGRRRSSS

Idrissa Gueyea?

Anyway France v Poland has started, had some great games in the group but overall the last 16 has had a bit of a lack of danger feel (England aside) and there isnt otherwise a game where a biggie biggie is going toe to toe.

QF's will be a different story though.

Massive I guess Germany and Belgium went in group - 2nd time in a row for Germany?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:56 - Dec 4 with 1356 viewsGloryHunter

I hope Sinclair Armstrong is watching Mbappe. Sinclair has the speed and the physique, he just needs to add the tricks and the goals.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 4 with 1347 viewshubble

Another absurd VAR decision that slightly mars a superb performance from France. Mbappe, wow, what a player. IF England get past Seny's Senegal, I revise my earlier opinion: this is going to be a hell of a tough ask for England the way France are playing. Still, should be a great game. But let's see what happens tonight first.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 1341 viewstraininvain

Scary performance from Mbappe. Looks the best player in the world and will take some stopping.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:44 - Dec 4 with 1303 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 4 by hubble

Another absurd VAR decision that slightly mars a superb performance from France. Mbappe, wow, what a player. IF England get past Seny's Senegal, I revise my earlier opinion: this is going to be a hell of a tough ask for England the way France are playing. Still, should be a great game. But let's see what happens tonight first.

Mbapee is obviously brilliant but haven't been thaty impressed with the rest of the French team although they do have some big players missing. When you have someone as good as him though they are going to be very hard to beat
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:06 - Dec 4 with 1287 viewsMalintabuk

Rashford dropped brave decision this and he must be disappointed after that performance against Wales
Can't knock Southgate after 9 goals and just 2 conceded, but would loveto have seen us be a bit more attacking
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024