Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 125445 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:12 - Dec 6 with 1480 viewsstowmarketrange

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:49 - Dec 6 by QPRSteve

Pleased for our Moroccan fan. I wonder if he had a ticket for this one?

I didn’t see Ben out there during this game,but I’m sure he will be celebrating like mad wherever he watched it.Pleased for him and Ilias.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:25 - Dec 6 with 1430 viewshubble

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:08 - Dec 6 by MrSheen

English Patient, innit.

Ahhh.... I see. Well spotted. You have an eye for the aesthetic!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:35 - Dec 6 with 1393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Love Spanish football and love Pedri and Gavi but Spain were terrible tonight and lacked pace, tempo, dribbling and variety, and not sure how Pedri and Gavi together was going to work against that Moroccon set-up. Also thought the erratic Olmo was an odd choice, and would have like to see them start with both Fati and Williams to stretch Morocco and get behind them with Morata in the middle as even he's a far better finisher than Asensio.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FIFA World Cup thread. (n/t) on 18:37 - Dec 6 with 1369 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:12 - Dec 6 by stowmarketrange

I didn’t see Ben out there during this game,but I’m sure he will be celebrating like mad wherever he watched it.Pleased for him and Ilias.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 18:38]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:12 - Dec 6 with 1277 viewsNorthernr

For all the 'I can't believe ITV ditched Tyldesley for Matterface' stuff, this is where Tyldesley is absolutely insufferable. There's a talking point, there's a Man Utd angle, and he cannot leave it alone. Talking about absolutely nothing else. At one point even says "let's not talk about Ronaldo for a bit, there are 22 other international standard athletes out there... 3 mentions in the next six minutes. Like picking a scab, he can't leave it alone.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:14 - Dec 6 with 1273 viewsaston_hoop

I can't decide, do we want the Swiss to smash Portugal and Ronaldo to come on and cry? Do we want it at 0-0, Ronaldo to come on and make the mistake that hands Switzerland the winner and then cry? Or do we want Ronaldo to miss the 5th penalty and cry?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:18 - Dec 6 with 1243 viewsWegerles_Stairs

What a strike.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:21 - Dec 6 with 1236 viewsWegerles_Stairs

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:12 - Dec 6 by Northernr

For all the 'I can't believe ITV ditched Tyldesley for Matterface' stuff, this is where Tyldesley is absolutely insufferable. There's a talking point, there's a Man Utd angle, and he cannot leave it alone. Talking about absolutely nothing else. At one point even says "let's not talk about Ronaldo for a bit, there are 22 other international standard athletes out there... 3 mentions in the next six minutes. Like picking a scab, he can't leave it alone.

Tyldesley may be insufferable but he's not Matterface. I'm not sure whether it's more surprising the latter is ITV's top commentator or the fact he got to bang Natalie Sawyer.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 19:21]
Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:26 - Dec 6 with 1233 viewskensalriser

If Morocco have a dozen better attacking players than Chair, can we sign one of them?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:32 - Dec 6 with 1216 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:21 - Dec 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Tyldesley may be insufferable but he's not Matterface. I'm not sure whether it's more surprising the latter is ITV's top commentator or the fact he got to bang Natalie Sawyer.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 19:21]

Yeh don't get me wrong Matterface is terrible, but there's this nostalgic rose tinted glasses thing with Tyldesley from people who forget that the average England game with him on the mic would basically average 25 mentions of Man Utd on a good night.

I reckon if he did England France on Saturday there'd be a dozen mentions of Wayne Rooney.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:41 - Dec 6 with 1179 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:14 - Dec 6 by aston_hoop

I can't decide, do we want the Swiss to smash Portugal and Ronaldo to come on and cry? Do we want it at 0-0, Ronaldo to come on and make the mistake that hands Switzerland the winner and then cry? Or do we want Ronaldo to miss the 5th penalty and cry?

Ronaldo to get subbed on and then off again ten minutes later for me.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:41 - Dec 6 with 1184 viewsMick_S

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:32 - Dec 6 by Northernr

Yeh don't get me wrong Matterface is terrible, but there's this nostalgic rose tinted glasses thing with Tyldesley from people who forget that the average England game with him on the mic would basically average 25 mentions of Man Utd on a good night.

I reckon if he did England France on Saturday there'd be a dozen mentions of Wayne Rooney.

I’m in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:42 - Dec 6 with 1187 viewsPhildo

As I was reading this he literally mentions manu
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:43 - Dec 6 with 1181 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:12 - Dec 6 by stowmarketrange

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:52 - Dec 6 with 1140 viewsNorthernr

Actually reminded me of this classic from Everton last season...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=291433212426601
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:55 - Dec 6 with 1121 viewsRanger_Things

I’m not sure why but I can’t stand the Swiss football team. Luckily I won’t have to watch them for at least a couple of years.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:00 - Dec 6 with 1114 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:55 - Dec 6 by Ranger_Things

I’m not sure why but I can’t stand the Swiss football team. Luckily I won’t have to watch them for at least a couple of years.

They're just one of those that always feel like they're playing unnecessarily conservative, with the handbrake on, for no gain. A bit meh.

They also game the Fifa rankings massively for favourable seedings, and have been doing a long time. They ended up as a top eight seed in a World Cup draw, ahead of us, purely because we'd played five friendlies the previous year and they'd only played three...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/17/england-seeded-switzerland
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:01 - Dec 6 with 1110 viewskensalriser

Portugal to win while BRCR fumes on the bench would be a good outcome for this game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:03 - Dec 6 with 1105 viewsCamberleyR

Turdsley would try and shoe horn a Man U reference into a match between the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:05 - Dec 6 with 1100 viewsTGRRRSSS

I cant remember the game but there was q world cup game and a player got a 2nd yellow card - so red obviously.

Tyldesley said "I cant actually remember him getting the first yellow to tell the truth".

The reason being he was already on his third mention of "MANCHESTER United" in a match that couldn't have had less to do with them at the time.

None of them got the Barry Davies, John Motson or Brian Moore about them really but Tydesley was infuriating.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:12 - Dec 6 with 1092 viewsNorthernr

Struggling to put my finger on why Portugal suddenly look such an effective, coherent, dangerous side.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:15 - Dec 6 with 1075 viewsSonofpugwash

Martin TYler is the worst for Manchester United mentions .
Thank god Sky never got coverage.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:16 - Dec 6 with 1075 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Crazy how good they look tonight. Piers Moron must be gutted.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:19 - Dec 6 with 1062 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:16 - Dec 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Crazy how good they look tonight. Piers Moron must be gutted.

One of those useful bellwethers in our modern world - as long as I think the opposite to that guy I won't be going far wrong.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:20 - Dec 6 with 1060 viewsCamberleyR

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:15 - Dec 6 by Sonofpugwash

Martin TYler is the worst for Manchester United mentions .
Thank god Sky never got coverage.

Yeah, Martin Tyler always tries to kid everyone he supports Woking but I reckon he's always been a closet red. You only have to listen to his commentary 30 years ago in that game against Sheff Weds when Man U scored twice during the second reading of the classified results.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024