Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread 09:30 - Feb 17 with 37611 viewsSuperhoops2808

So I hold the current record. The last time I started a match thread, we won against Preston in what feels like last year... Oh wait, it was - The 17th December and the last time we recorded a victory

So, exactly 2 months later, I have decided to start a match thread in the hope that this will turn the fortunes around.

I am going to go for another 0-1 away win. And why the optimism? Well a) eventually we have to win and b) Boro may feel like we are ripe for the taking (which we are) and be more relaxed about the whole match

Wishful thinking, but anyway - Lets see
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:52 - Feb 18 with 2978 viewsR_from_afar

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:49 - Feb 18 by Toast_R

Chair 1-2

Just the corpse twitching? Could we somehow - through sorcery or divine intervention perhaps - nick another?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:52 - Feb 18 with 2949 viewsToast_R

W@nk, another 3 goals conceded
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 2915 viewsBenny_the_Ball

From the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of seconds.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 2902 viewsJAPRANGERS

Jeez 3-1. Still I was expecting a massive defeat today so 3-1 is as good as we could expect I guess.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 2854 viewsDamo1962

Three in our net seems about par.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 2782 viewsRanger_Things

They should sack Critchley, take his wallet and tell him to make his own way home.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 2761 viewsStanisgod

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 15:54 - Feb 18 by Stanisgod

Glass half empty. They cant be this bad in the second half.

As I said. Still, loads of good awaydays next season closer to home and a promotion push 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 2664 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:43 - Feb 18 by paulparker

Huddersfield and Blackpool winning

Warnock pulling us into the relegation zone would surely be a tipping point, even for happy clappers.
Login to get fewer ads

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 2662 viewsVancouverHoop

With such a massive number of players either injured, or "injured" it's hard to see what options we have TBH
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 2638 viewsJAPRANGERS

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:54 - Feb 18 by Stanisgod

As I said. Still, loads of good awaydays next season closer to home and a promotion push 😁

L1
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 2604 viewsDamo1962

Think this team and manager, are going to set all sorts of the wrong records for QPR.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 2595 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I thought Critchley was the ideal replacement for the other bloke, but not anymore.
I'm sad to say he has to go, but it wont fix the issues at the club long term.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 2483 viewspaulparker

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

Warnock pulling us into the relegation zone would surely be a tipping point, even for happy clappers.

No way all I’ve heard the last few years is how old and past it Warnock is , it would be quite ironic if they stay up and we don’t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 2430 viewsdanehoop

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I thought Critchley was the ideal replacement for the other bloke, but not anymore.

so why get rid? We have to have someone who will be better, be available be cheap and be willing to come to us in current circumstances. Not a long list there for that one.

Never knowingly understood

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 2409 viewsHunterhoop

We’ve been poor this half and they have been decent.

They stepped up their work rate and tempo and we went the other way.

Not tracking runners has been blindingly obvious again today. Chair has, rightly, been called out by Sinton for twice letting their right back run past him onto a through ball to be unmarked by the byline.

Ireogbunam tracked back for the pen but that was the only time. When the ball gets goal-side of him he just trots back watching the game, as if he’s no longer participating.

The pen decision was soft, as contact was minimal or non-existent, but he did not get the ball and it was such a high risk challenge to make. Diving in from that angle was silly and asking for trouble. If you are trying to block the shot, dive in front of him, if not, stay on your feet. It was telegraphed too, hence why their man checked back.

Kakay has worked hard and done well.

Thought Dunne had an excellent first half. Less so second.

But in general, we just weren’t at the races in the second half. Work rate and tracking just not where it needs to be. It was always only Field of the front 6 who was racing back into our box when they attacked.

I think the players look lost. They don’t look like they have any idea how we will win. And once we’re behind they show no intent to do anything about it.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 2372 viewsBushRanger82

8 points off relegation.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 2368 viewsVancouverHoop

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Short term fixes would be more relevant right now.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 2339 viewsDamo1962

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:55 - Feb 18 by VancouverHoop

With such a massive number of players either injured, or "injured" it's hard to see what options we have TBH

Malingerers more like it. Most are shite when they are fit anyway. This fall's on those who recruited them. Hard to see a way out of this now, other than the trap door.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:58]
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 18 with 2322 viewsdmm

I think TimO giving away the pen was the turning point. It was reckless. Every good thing he does is canceled out by a bad thing.

Why was Jojo playing instead? He may not be fully fit but he would be a liability like TimO is.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:01 - Feb 18 with 2262 viewsToast_R

We're completely shit. Critchley loses to Blackburn by another 3 goals he should resign. Its been an abhorrent appointment by the DoF.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 2157 viewsDamo1962

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 by BushRanger82

8 points off relegation.

That should focus minds hopefully.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 2099 viewsSakura

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:59 - Feb 18 by BushRanger82

8 points off relegation.

3 wins and a couple of draws should see us safe

Rather than wallowing in self pity and getting a kick out of saying you knew Critchley or Ferdinand or failures

This club is on the floor but we need to focus on getting some positive energy. Positive targets. For staying up is vital

The clear out of the long-standing failures at the club can come in time but as fans let’s not make things worse than they need to be
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:06 - Feb 18 with 2011 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:43 - Feb 18 by paulparker

Huddersfield and Blackpool winning

But of course they are. Warnock's first game in charge of Huddersfield and he makes 7 changes to the starting eleven. The man don't mess about!
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:08 - Feb 18 with 1935 viewspaulparker

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:06 - Feb 18 by Benny_the_Ball

But of course they are. Warnock's first game in charge of Huddersfield and he makes 7 changes to the starting eleven. The man don't mess about!

The man also knows what he is doing , unfortunately the clown in charge of us doesn't

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 1893 viewsslmrstid

At least we scored a goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024