Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United 09:00 - Mar 30 with 13036 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62181/refwatch-rochdale-v-h

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 2941 viewsrichfoad32

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 16:58 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

Absolutely mugged them with that.. Great fight to keep going by Rodney

Wouldn't say we mugged them. Thought they were quite poor after their goal when we were probably there for the taking, last 10-15 we deserved a point.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 2916 viewsrichfoad32

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:14 - Apr 1 by Barrowdale

Probably best if I dont enlighten you as to my hirw on today’s shambles Kel. X

Please, don't start.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:29 - Apr 1 with 2821 viewsisitme

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:08 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

It’s amazing how simple the game is when you’ve a player like Rodney who is best running in behind the defence.

We are so bang average when we don’t play at pace.

In the second half we played the ball into Rodney's chest/feet and it more often or not stuck and allowed us to build. I am not sure why we do not do it more. An awful minute for Mitchell turned the game. He should have scored after a lovely move and then he gave the ref a decision to make. Hartlepool knew what they were doing surrounding him and the player who was 'fouled' rolling around like he had broken his leg.

Not a great performance but we kept going. We look so much better when we move the ball quicker and try and feed Hayes.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:38 - Apr 1 with 2731 viewsBarrowdale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:29 - Apr 1 by isitme

In the second half we played the ball into Rodney's chest/feet and it more often or not stuck and allowed us to build. I am not sure why we do not do it more. An awful minute for Mitchell turned the game. He should have scored after a lovely move and then he gave the ref a decision to make. Hartlepool knew what they were doing surrounding him and the player who was 'fouled' rolling around like he had broken his leg.

Not a great performance but we kept going. We look so much better when we move the ball quicker and try and feed Hayes.

We do I agree, but the problemmis we DONT do it. We just stroll around
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:54 - Apr 1 with 2595 viewsdingdangblue

Guess you dont need 15 passes to score. Just 1 long one over the top will do.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:00 - Apr 1 with 2544 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:20 - Apr 1 by richfoad32

Wouldn't say we mugged them. Thought they were quite poor after their goal when we were probably there for the taking, last 10-15 we deserved a point.

Last 10-15 mins (of a 96mins game) we "deserved a point" we looked lethargic all over and don't play to our strengths one bit, this Hartlepool side had just been absolutely battered at Gateshead they are worse than bang average.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:05 - Apr 1 with 2488 viewsJimmyRustler

Results aside, it’s just fcuking boring and painful.

I would genuinely struggle to watch us at the moment no matter what our league position is
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:08 - Apr 1 with 2445 viewsD_Alien

That'll feel like a loss to the decent travelling support. When Rodney skied the free kick almost at the death, i started making my way out but turned round in the exit tunnel to see him barging his way through. Full marks for effort, at least

The game started to change in our favour when Keohane was introduced - still not sure why he doesn't start every game since the experience and occasional touch of class he brings gives us much better balance

And, just as Mitchell gives himself a rest for three games, Hendo returns and looked fit as a fiddle in his cameo, nowhere near ready for retirement

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:12 - Apr 1 with 2395 viewsrichfoad32

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:00 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

Last 10-15 mins (of a 96mins game) we "deserved a point" we looked lethargic all over and don't play to our strengths one bit, this Hartlepool side had just been absolutely battered at Gateshead they are worse than bang average.

I would agree it was a game today between two sides who look like they can't wait for the season to end, but I don't see how that equates to us 'mugging' them. Hartlepool didn't do nearly enough to kill us off after taking the lead and we kept plugging away with 10 men, they have no cause to feel robbed. Particularly as it was a contentious red card anyway.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:36 - Apr 1 with 2212 viewsNorthernDale

I thought Mitchell sending off was harsh, but the Hartlepool player did enough to con the referee. It put us on the back foot, but at the start of the second half, Rochdale seem to come out with a negative approach, as if they got told to keep it tight. Which was a pity, because Hartlepool looked nothing special and looked there for the taking. At least McNulty got the subs right, I would have given Hendo more time, to use his experience and I also thought Mather had a good game, and was slightly surprised with his substitution.

But to a point in the dying seconds was a positive and Rodney deserves credit for not giving up.
[Post edited 1 Apr 18:45]
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:44 - Apr 1 with 2163 viewskel

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 17:14 - Apr 1 by Barrowdale

Probably best if I dont enlighten you as to my hirw on today’s shambles Kel. X

I’d concentrate on your grasp of the English language first, poppet xx
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:46 - Apr 1 with 2134 viewsdingdangblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:36 - Apr 1 by NorthernDale

I thought Mitchell sending off was harsh, but the Hartlepool player did enough to con the referee. It put us on the back foot, but at the start of the second half, Rochdale seem to come out with a negative approach, as if they got told to keep it tight. Which was a pity, because Hartlepool looked nothing special and looked there for the taking. At least McNulty got the subs right, I would have given Hendo more time, to use his experience and I also thought Mather had a good game, and was slightly surprised with his substitution.

But to a point in the dying seconds was a positive and Rodney deserves credit for not giving up.
[Post edited 1 Apr 18:45]

Was Mather playing?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:57 - Apr 1 with 2041 viewsEdindale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:00 - Apr 1 by nordenblue

Poor side. Poor League. Poor tactics.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:28 - Apr 1 with 1864 viewsSuddenLad

The Mitchell dismissal looked very harsh from my vantage point, but when the opposition manager consoles you as you leave the field of play, you can tell I wasn't the only one who thought Mitchell was hard done by.

Dale deserved a point for their spirit in the last 20 minutes. 55 minutes with 10 v 11 is a tough ask, but we deserved what we got,

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:39 - Apr 1 with 1787 viewsJames1980

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:28 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

The Mitchell dismissal looked very harsh from my vantage point, but when the opposition manager consoles you as you leave the field of play, you can tell I wasn't the only one who thought Mitchell was hard done by.

Dale deserved a point for their spirit in the last 20 minutes. 55 minutes with 10 v 11 is a tough ask, but we deserved what we got,

Would you appeal the red card if it was your decision?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:42 - Apr 1 with 1769 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 18:12 - Apr 1 by richfoad32

I would agree it was a game today between two sides who look like they can't wait for the season to end, but I don't see how that equates to us 'mugging' them. Hartlepool didn't do nearly enough to kill us off after taking the lead and we kept plugging away with 10 men, they have no cause to feel robbed. Particularly as it was a contentious red card anyway.

Anyone conceding in the 96 min against 10 men that have not created a great deal over the whole game will certainly feel "mugged" .. Hartlepool probably didn't really feel the need to kill us off as we offered very little for most the game, I didn't think it was a red card either but flying in like he did just gives the ref a decision to make.

If we played remotely to our strengths or utilise what/who's actually on the pitch we wouldn't even need to rely on refs or injury time equalisers.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:01 - Apr 1 with 1673 viewsSandyman

Jim's post-match seems to indicate an appeal against the red card is being considered. The irony of the Poolies singing "Your not fit to referee" at the hapless official a few minutes before Mitchell's red says a lot about the calibre of the referee today. He had us playing in yellow and allowed 'Pools 'keeper to play in, erm, yellow. No clash there unless you have sight problems.

I hope their 29 Parkes (the bloke dying with two broken legs yet was able to complete the game) gets his comeuppance one day, or at least an Oscar nomination. What a vile individual.

We looked at bit more interesting going forward in the first half than of late, but there is still so much wasteful tippy tappy sideways backwards going on that consumes time and drains the enthusiasm of those watching. The irony of how we equalised showed one or two of the senior fans in The Sandy to have a better idea than Jim how we could get a goal!

A wrong was righted, and a draw was a fair result. A shocking miss by Mitchell first half, some great saves by Chapman second half.

Given the criticism the BIFFO's are giving their lot online tonight, one can only wonder how uninspiring next Saturday may be. Cue a classic!
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:11 - Apr 1 with 1606 views_Windydale

Decent enough game, i quite enjoyed. We certainly took the game to them and played with a quicker tempo than in previous weeks. The amount of shots we get blocked was high, we're getting chances around their box but wasting far too many..
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:18 - Apr 1 with 1548 viewstony_roch975

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:28 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

but how frustrating that it takes going down to 10 men to get that team to play with some bite and enthusiasm - if we'd done that all season our squad is good enough for a play-off place. Agree it all changed with Keohane's introduction and from then on we won our battles all over the park and dominated the last 20mins.

ps Mather is just what you don't want in the NL - too lightweight and not enough effort.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:30 - Apr 1 with 1486 viewsShun

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 19:39 - Apr 1 by James1980

Would you appeal the red card if it was your decision?

Based on video evidence, yes. However, I’m not sure if there’s a fee to make an appeal, which may contribute to the decision.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:34 - Apr 1 with 1448 viewsSuddenLad

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:30 - Apr 1 by Shun

Based on video evidence, yes. However, I’m not sure if there’s a fee to make an appeal, which may contribute to the decision.

£500 to lodge an appeal. Returnable if the appeal is upheld.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:40 - Apr 1 with 1400 viewsEllDale

To my mind the turning point wasn’t the sending off or the introduction of SAJ but that glaring miss of Mitchell’s. At least hit the bloody target.
If he puts that it the game restarts with a kickoff and that passage of play doesn’t happen and a few more goals could have followed.
It may not have been a red card but it was reckless and the referee had to make a decision.
Strange how he went looked at their player’s leg though before finally taking out his red card.
To be fair Hartlepool were poor. Before all the shenanigans they had looked like a team who had let in seven last week.
And once they scrambled a goal to go in front they weren’t good enough to kill the game or at least manage it completely.
For what it’s worth I thought Dale were a lot more adventurous in the opening 20 minutes. There seemed to be more appetitive for passing the ball forward. I also thought that Armstrong had by far his best game for the club and, contrary to opinion above, thought that Mather showed some nice touches. What’s the alternative to him? Jes who couldn’t even catch bench or Sinclair who is so far off the pace that he was in danger of losing the ball every time he shot?
The draw was ample reward for an awful lot of heroic performances.
EEL had a real captain’s game, Gordon didn’t half put a shift in and Hayes was, well just Hayes.
And that ball from East was perhaps the pass of the season. His work rate is phenomenal.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:42 - Apr 1 with 1387 viewsmatthewdale1983

Surely worth the appeal, if anything its looks a great tackle .
Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:44 - Apr 1 with 1363 viewsJames1980

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:34 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

£500 to lodge an appeal. Returnable if the appeal is upheld.

Eff it I've got £500 credit available on a credit card stick the appeal fee on that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:55 - Apr 1 with 1290 viewsdalefertcup2

Refwatch: Rochdale v Hartlepool United on 20:42 - Apr 1 by matthewdale1983

Surely worth the appeal, if anything its looks a great tackle .

Videos a bit blurry but from what I can see looks like a strong but fair tackle….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024