Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun 00:09 - Jun 9 with 9578 viewsbaz_qpr

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4961029/Harry-Redknapp-Let-m
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:11 - Jun 10 with 1181 viewsTheBlob

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:05 - Jun 10 by R_from_afar

"But the fact he's continuing to air this slightly dirty laundry out in public is just beyond ludicrous". Spot on! Why on earth does Redknapp see the need to whine on publicly? He is employed by TF, why can't they just have a behind closed doors discussion, like in any other employee/eployer scenario?

Redknapp continues to go down in my estimation. How is having this debate in public helping anyone? Ah, hang on, I can answer my own question: It helps Redknapp fulfil his media commitments. OK, that's all right then, everything is fine. I am pig sick of the man. Lest anyone forget, this is a man who has done absolutely naff all for Rangers. Zippo, nada.

RFA

It's not masses of dirty laundry,just a few skidmarks.Get over it ffs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:13 - Jun 10 with 1177 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Antti_Heinola

Hang on a minute, haven't we all just spent the last 6 months castigating Beard and Fernandes for *not* interfering enough, and just letting Hughes sign a ton of players on huge contracts?
All that's happened here is that for once the club stuck to it's guns and refused to buckle to the demands of a 32 year old full back. I have no problem with that when we have two young left backs on the books. Had it been a right back, then yes, perhaps I could see it.
Well done the club. Redknapp needs to stop moaning and get on with the f***ing job or leave. Preferably the latter. Scumbag.

Well said. If Redknapp wants carte blanche to buy who the hell he wants, then why doesn't he just buy his own club?

Who is left to clear the mess up when the manager leaves? The owners. Why shouldn't they have a say? If they blocked the move for Bridge, then it is proof that they are learning. Good on them.

I want a club left to support after Redknapp has flounced off.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:20 - Jun 10 with 1169 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:11 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

It's not masses of dirty laundry,just a few skidmarks.Get over it ffs.

Nice quip but in all seriousness, how does that Sun article and all Redknapp's other public moans help Rangers- cause one iota?

It's unsettling for the board, the players and the fans, plus the board will now have to waste time which should be spent working out how to get us straight back up on quelling the unrest, calming people down and trying to find evidence of harmony and unity in our camp for the media.

Thanks for putting yourself first again, Harry.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:25 - Jun 10 with 1163 viewsTheBlob

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:20 - Jun 10 by R_from_afar

Nice quip but in all seriousness, how does that Sun article and all Redknapp's other public moans help Rangers- cause one iota?

It's unsettling for the board, the players and the fans, plus the board will now have to waste time which should be spent working out how to get us straight back up on quelling the unrest, calming people down and trying to find evidence of harmony and unity in our camp for the media.

Thanks for putting yourself first again, Harry.

RFA

I thought the situation was clarified this morning.But you'd rather take an article from The Sun as gospel?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:27 - Jun 10 with 1162 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:25 - Jun 10 by TheBlob

I thought the situation was clarified this morning.But you'd rather take an article from The Sun as gospel?

Erm, well accepting that ghost writers might be involved, the article is *by* Redknapp. It doesn't quote him, he (ostensibly) wrote it. All of it.

RFA

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:42 - Jun 10 with 1142 viewsThe_Mole

YAWN!!!

Another week and more idiots moaning about our manager who 'want's to build a team to get promoted' 'spend little money' 'get some character into the team' 'get rid of the whingers!'

Am I deluded or is that the perfect statement for any fan? Jesus, you lot are hard to please!

I suppose the ideal scenario is to get rid of yet another manager, get some kid in who's 'energetic' 'enthusiastic' 'real nice guy' but has no experience in getting teams out of the Championship... but that's ok, because they're young and come across well in the press?!!

#boreoff
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:01 - Jun 10 with 1116 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:42 - Jun 10 by The_Mole

YAWN!!!

Another week and more idiots moaning about our manager who 'want's to build a team to get promoted' 'spend little money' 'get some character into the team' 'get rid of the whingers!'

Am I deluded or is that the perfect statement for any fan? Jesus, you lot are hard to please!

I suppose the ideal scenario is to get rid of yet another manager, get some kid in who's 'energetic' 'enthusiastic' 'real nice guy' but has no experience in getting teams out of the Championship... but that's ok, because they're young and come across well in the press?!!

#boreoff

Thanks for the "idiots" comment, that was classy.

So the manager is allowed to moan in public but we fans can't moan on a QPR message board? Because that is what Redknapp has been doing, moaning: moaning to Sky, moaning to The Sun, and moaning publicly is not helping the club in any way whatsoever. Look, it has got us bickering.

As for the things you say Redknapp wants to do, well, they are all fine but it's about actions, not words; one of the first things he said when he arrived was the "pants down" comment yet he spent a king's ransome on Samba and Remy. Yes, Remy was excellent, but the sheer cost of those two flies in the face of Redknapp's own words so I will reserve judgement about the 'spend little money' bit for the moment. I hope he achieves that aim, just like I hope he gets up straight back up.

RFA

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:04 - Jun 10 with 1108 viewsTheBlob

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:01 - Jun 10 by R_from_afar

So the manager is allowed to moan in public but we fans can't moan on a QPR message board? Because that is what Redknapp has been doing, moaning: moaning to Sky, moaning to The Sun, and moaning publicly is not helping the club in any way whatsoever. Look, it has got us bickering.

As for the things you say Redknapp wants to do, well, they are all fine but it's about actions, not words; one of the first things he said when he arrived was the "pants down" comment yet he spent a king's ransome on Samba and Remy. Yes, Remy was excellent, but the sheer cost of those two flies in the face of Redknapp's own words so I will reserve judgement about the 'spend little money' bit for the moment. I hope he achieves that aim, just like I hope he gets up straight back up.

RFA

I think there's a distinct difference between "moaning" and downright vilification.When people refer to someone as "scumbag"(not you btw.)then a line has been crossed.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:01 - Jun 10 with 1082 viewsThe_Mole

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:01 - Jun 10 by R_from_afar

RFA

How would you describe fans then, who constantly moan about our manager who's publicly stating his intentions, which is to be 'left alone and target the right players for the challenge ahead'?

I thought 'idiots' was quite passive, but small-minded may be more appropriate?

HR isn't calling Sky and begging them for interviews is he? We all know Sky and journos love to ask him his opinion and at the moment he can't say anything right without being hung drawn and quatered by certain fans on this message board...
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:18 - Jun 10 with 1056 viewsdaveB

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:01 - Jun 10 by The_Mole

How would you describe fans then, who constantly moan about our manager who's publicly stating his intentions, which is to be 'left alone and target the right players for the challenge ahead'?

HR isn't calling Sky and begging them for interviews is he? We all know Sky and journos love to ask him his opinion and at the moment he can't say anything right without being hung drawn and quatered by certain fans on this message board...

if you think Redknapp is not calling up Sky for these chance interviews then you must be naive to say the least. He had lots of chance meetings at the golf course last year when his Spurs contract was coming to a head and the same to say several times he wasn't after the QPR job a few weeks before he took it. He's a very shrewd operator with the media, he uses it very well to get his point across
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 1026 viewsThe_Mole

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:18 - Jun 10 by daveB

if you think Redknapp is not calling up Sky for these chance interviews then you must be naive to say the least. He had lots of chance meetings at the golf course last year when his Spurs contract was coming to a head and the same to say several times he wasn't after the QPR job a few weeks before he took it. He's a very shrewd operator with the media, he uses it very well to get his point across

...do me a favour
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:13 - Jun 10 with 1007 viewsLennyJam

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:38 - Jun 9 by Gloucs_R

It's pretty simple, give the manager a budget and let him manage it. The challenge we have us that the it's no free budget until we get rid of some players. I'm with the board, make do with what we have and if money is available allow Harry to spend it.

give arry a budget and let him manage it? are you insane

every club that has done that has ended up in administration
Levy was the only one who has not thus far and he fell out with him
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 18:38 - Jun 10 with 982 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:01 - Jun 10 by The_Mole

>> It's our club, our owners who have to fund Redknapp's purchases and live with the long term consequences of his actions so just leaving him alone to do what he wants is risky. Who carries the can? TF et al. There has to be some control.

>> You need to look up the definition of that word, it's very emotive and far from "passive".

>> OK, let's leave Sky to one side for a moment. What happened with the article in The Sun? Did someone force Redknapp to write what he did or misquote him? No, they didn't, it's his own column. He wrote it. It's his piece.

RFA (Hoping that while I have been on here today HR has spotted a promising new transfer target)

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 19:08 - Jun 10 with 967 viewsderbyhoop

There's far to much grandstanding going on.

I appreciate that HR had success with Pompey by bringing in experienced players with good attitudes, but there has to be a limit. We're not exactly short of experience with Hill, Derry, Zamora, AJ, Park, Bothroyd, Green.

When the Board set the parameters for any transfer dealings this Summer, there has to be a little bit of flexibility. But, I'm far from convinced that another LB is a priority. Especially when you're talking about a guy of 32 who has spent most of the last 5 years earning huge wages to sit on the bench at Chelsea and Man City. The CEO, as the Board's representative, is quite right to question any deal that appears to go outside the limits set.

HR can bang on about being allowed to choose the players, but if he wants a fight with the board, he'd do better picking a better one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 19:10 - Jun 10 with 965 viewsjamois

I'm stunned at the prickly preciousness being displayed by some here. And also rather dismayed that a manager who's not yet even enjoyed a pre-season at our club seems to engender such divisiveness amongst our fan-base. Let's all kiss and make-up boys and girls, let the manager make his mark on the team, and then we can debate whether it's a skidmark, the full shits or the mark of zorro.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:36 - Jun 11 with 915 viewsQPunkR

Wherever you stand on Arry's constant media flirtation, Shirley the board can fine him if he comes out with shit like he has been doing and embarrassing them?
Happens with players all the time, when they say something mildly against the club that employs them they get reprimanded. So why can't Uncle Tone do the same with Rosie47 to stop his shenanighans?

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:40 - Jun 11 with 910 viewsdaveB

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:13 - Jun 10 by LennyJam

give arry a budget and let him manage it? are you insane

every club that has done that has ended up in administration
Levy was the only one who has not thus far and he fell out with him

thats what Levy did, he gave him a budget and didn't let him spend beyond it, if we do the same we'll be fine and he'll do well for us Levy also had learnt a lot about football since he came in and was able to make a lot of the signings for Redknapp such as van der vaart.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:50 - Jun 11 with 895 viewsJuzzie

Years ago our Marketing Deptartments were given a budget by Finance to spend on things such as newspaper/magazine adverts, billboard posters, flyers, postcards etc etc.
That budget could be, for example, £30,000. When all the bills came in, the final figure was £50,000. Knuckles rapped, told not to do it again.

But they did. Again and again and again....

Eventually the company got so pi$$ed off they created a computer system where the budget was set at £xxxx and all Purchase Orders, with a estimate, had to be raised from that system. When the budget was maxed out, they had to go to the CFO to see if it could be raised. If the CFO felt it wasn't reasonable, it was rejected.

Guess who created the most hullabaloo about it? Yup, the Marketing guys. Maybe if they'd been a little better at managing their budgets in the first place (a little over was acceptable but not 60% over) then none of that extra work and constarits would have had to be implemented.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:02 - Jun 11 with 883 viewsrsonist

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:13 - Jun 10 by R_from_afar

Well said. If Redknapp wants carte blanche to buy who the hell he wants, then why doesn't he just buy his own club?

Who is left to clear the mess up when the manager leaves? The owners. Why shouldn't they have a say? If they blocked the move for Bridge, then it is proof that they are learning. Good on them.

I want a club left to support after Redknapp has flounced off.

RFA

The issue is to what extent this episode does prove that the board are learning. I'm not so sure - they didn't have a clue last season and it's hardly as if they've had the time in between running the AirAsia/stadium/training ground to knuckle down and do their research now.

It seems more to me that TF has skimmed his twitter and pulled out a few crowd-pleasing buzzwords about young and hungry and based a transfer strategy on it. If you look at some of the quotes from him in response to HR -

"we want to protect ourselves against players who may get injured or who may not be fit enough". "There's no point having guys sat on the bench earning high salaries doing nothing and we want to make sure agents are fair to us and their own players.

These all sound great - of course that's what everyone wants for the club - but it's so generalised it makes me wonder. How does it apply to Wayne Bridge exactly? Did TF ask around the football world to gauge Bridge's character? Or did he just see that the player was 32 years old and made his own assumptions? Why would he be sat on the bench if HR was so keen to sign him? Injuries? Bridge played 37 games last season. Is there any doubt he wouldn't have been a damn sight fitter and more committed than Traore?
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:22 - Jun 11 with 870 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:02 - Jun 11 by rsonist

The issue is to what extent this episode does prove that the board are learning. I'm not so sure - they didn't have a clue last season and it's hardly as if they've had the time in between running the AirAsia/stadium/training ground to knuckle down and do their research now.

It seems more to me that TF has skimmed his twitter and pulled out a few crowd-pleasing buzzwords about young and hungry and based a transfer strategy on it. If you look at some of the quotes from him in response to HR -

"we want to protect ourselves against players who may get injured or who may not be fit enough". "There's no point having guys sat on the bench earning high salaries doing nothing and we want to make sure agents are fair to us and their own players.

These all sound great - of course that's what everyone wants for the club - but it's so generalised it makes me wonder. How does it apply to Wayne Bridge exactly? Did TF ask around the football world to gauge Bridge's character? Or did he just see that the player was 32 years old and made his own assumptions? Why would he be sat on the bench if HR was so keen to sign him? Injuries? Bridge played 37 games last season. Is there any doubt he wouldn't have been a damn sight fitter and more committed than Traore?

Well you may be right, perhaps they haven't learned and perhaps there is no real plan. It's so hard to tell from where we stand.

The irony of the Bridge saga may be that the player simply preferred Reading.

Any which way, it's time for HR and our board to move on now. That ship has sailed. Anyone got any good rumours?

RFA

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:33 - Jun 11 with 862 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:02 - Jun 11 by rsonist

yes i suspect there's a doubt he'd be more committed. More to the point, is there any doubt that with a bit of hard work and not just looking at the most famous name available there could be a player as decent as Bridge (and younger) available for a lot less wages? This is Wayne Bridge we're talking about! He may well have played 37 games last season, but he only started 3 in the whole of the previous season, despite spending half of it on loan to Sunderland.
In fact, he's played less than 100 games in the last six and a half years!

Bare bones.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:38 - Jun 11 with 859 viewsTheBlob

Well that's the beauty of the loan system innit.Maybe we'll unearth another Kyle Walker.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:47 - Jun 11 with 852 viewsQPunkR

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:33 - Jun 11 by Antti_Heinola

yes i suspect there's a doubt he'd be more committed. More to the point, is there any doubt that with a bit of hard work and not just looking at the most famous name available there could be a player as decent as Bridge (and younger) available for a lot less wages? This is Wayne Bridge we're talking about! He may well have played 37 games last season, but he only started 3 in the whole of the previous season, despite spending half of it on loan to Sunderland.
In fact, he's played less than 100 games in the last six and a half years!

We already have a surplus of LBs at the Club. There are more important areas to strengthen, that's for sure.

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:23 - Jun 11 with 827 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Reading offered double what we did wage wise, doesn't that kind of tell you why we didn't sign Bridge?

I doubt the board had any specific problems with Bridge as a player (if they even knew who he was), but his wages plus no doubt a hefty agent fee (as with most 'free' transfers) didn't fit our new profile, so no deal.

Makes sense to me?

Redknapp says trust him and he'll take the blame if it all goes wrong - which basically means he'll get sacked and take a big payoff, while the board are left funding Wayne Bridge et al to the tune of £40k a week for the next 2 years...
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:29 - Jun 11 with 816 viewsJuzzie

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:23 - Jun 11 by adhoc_qpr

If Reading offered double what we did wage wise, doesn't that kind of tell you why we didn't sign Bridge?

I doubt the board had any specific problems with Bridge as a player (if they even knew who he was), but his wages plus no doubt a hefty agent fee (as with most 'free' transfers) didn't fit our new profile, so no deal.

Makes sense to me?

Redknapp says trust him and he'll take the blame if it all goes wrong - which basically means he'll get sacked and take a big payoff, while the board are left funding Wayne Bridge et al to the tune of £40k a week for the next 2 years...

This is exactly what happened with our previous Manager so I'm kind of surprised Harry thinks we'll just carry on doing the same. Surely that would all have been discussed in recent meetings?

He says the buck will stop with him. How does he intend to implement that if it goes wrong?

Not taking a pay-off should he leave doesn't really help when we're still having to play the salaries of yet more players who failed.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024