Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion 14:10 - Feb 26 with 44000 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54347/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 2404 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:08 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

That’s totally correct. A squad containing the players we have is not one that is cobbled together using a small budget as every department has enough quality to see us ten points better off than we are. Again, it’s insulting to the intelligence of supporters to keep mentioning how other clubs are better off and how much our competitors can spend in comparison. It’s always been like that, stop pretending all of a sudden we are fighting adversity on the financial scale.

They think they’re being clever by producing statements that they think supporters will digest and agree with, thus deflecting attention from reality. A reality where we could and should be doing better than we are. Much, much better.

That is the opposite of clever.

The real budget constraints will come next year when they struggle to sell 1,000 season tickets. They've been the lifeblood of the club for a long time but the pandemic has made some people realise there is life out of football and has gotten them out of the habit of just turning up every Saturday.

It's going to take something special to convince people to buy a season ticket or pay £25 a game to watch this drivel.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 2403 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 by blackdogblue

I’m still barred....

#BBEXIT

How the fcuk did you get barred from reform

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:12 - Feb 27 with 2384 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:06 - Feb 27 by James1980

So why don't the players seem to care when they cross the white line on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening? Don't be lazy and lay all the bblame (sic) at BBM's feet. Have the board said behind closed doors 'don't worry about relegation we have measures in place to lessen the financial blow it will cause' Have the players been convinced they are better than they really are?
I will use an analogy. Is the bulk of our squad like the ugly kid who gets told by female members of his household 'what a good looking young chap he his' but when no girls at school are writing his name in the back of their maths book and he never gets a slow dance at the school disco, realises his female relatives are talking tosh. Our management team are those female family members, telling players how wonderful they are, come join Rochdale, showcase your talents, we think you are able to play total football along with the rest of our squad. The penny has dropped they are not as good as they have been told they are and our players are watching dejectedly as the 'better looking' players are slow dancing at the end of the night.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 18:08]

It’s not lazy. He’s ultimately responsible for his team’s performances and results. That’s what management is all about. You don’t always have to try and scratch around for an alternative angle.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:12 - Feb 27 with 2383 viewsJimmyRustler

Talented young manager.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 2343 viewsnordenblue

"Physically we couldn't reproduce what we did on Tuesday night" and "I always try to look for the positives" it seems BBM may have a long night ahead looking for anything remotely positively....after hearing him post match
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 2318 viewsNinco

I'm not normally one to compare Directors, but when we have had difficult seasons in the past under Chris Dunphy or David Kilpatrick, it's felt like they were fans like us and they gave it their best shot to get us out of this mess. I don't get that sense of feeling with the current directors. There statement that they are backing BBM shows a lack of ambition to me. Looking at this season's signings and performances, what are they basing that backing on? We were at home today and fighting relegation so we should have been giving 100% but most of the players look like they don't want to be there.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 2314 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:48 - Feb 27 by golfaduffy

So, Shun. Please post a link to anywhere that backs up your claim that we had 3 shots on target.

All the ones I can find say ZERO.

Otherwise. shun up.

I don’t need to post anything, I watched the game! As I’ve explained, the stats are often wrong, and as DaleFan7 explained, the official stats don’t count blocked shots in their tally. If you watched the game and missed those 3 shots in quick succession, all inside the box and all blocked by defenders, and you’d prefer stats to tell you they didn’t happen, that’s your issue. The shots were all on target but blocked by defenders. If they hadn’t been they would’ve been goals. I’m not sure what you’re not getting here.

You’re getting tiresome and I’m sure nobody wants to read this so let’s leave it here.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 2317 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:14 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

"Physically we couldn't reproduce what we did on Tuesday night" and "I always try to look for the positives" it seems BBM may have a long night ahead looking for anything remotely positively....after hearing him post match

Where are these previous positive performances / results he keeps banging on about? Does he think if he keeps saying it he can change the narrative? Seems to be working on the board tbf...
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:23 - Feb 27 with 2192 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:14 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

I think he literally means, any positive. So if we got beat 99 nil had had 0.1% possession and only made 3 accurate passes, those 3 passes would be the positives from that game.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:24 - Feb 27 with 2177 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 by judd

He’s not called Fritzl, is he?

Hopefully Fritzl has haf his chips.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:29 - Feb 27 with 2112 viewsNorthernDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 by DaleFan7

The real budget constraints will come next year when they struggle to sell 1,000 season tickets. They've been the lifeblood of the club for a long time but the pandemic has made some people realise there is life out of football and has gotten them out of the habit of just turning up every Saturday.

It's going to take something special to convince people to buy a season ticket or pay £25 a game to watch this drivel.

We will struggle to get gates of 1,000 next season, never mind struggle to sell 1,000 season tickets, based on such poor performances.

I do wonder if BBM has behind the scenes lost the dressing, despite what some players may say in public, because they are not fighting for him and are just going through the motions.

I worry how bad next season league 2 squad will be,if we lose Baah, Rathbone, Morley, O'Connell and I would not be surprised if Humphreys was sold by the board.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:32 - Feb 27 with 2049 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:24 - Feb 27 by BigKindo

Hopefully Fritzl has haf his chips.

Cellar vie

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:33 - Feb 27 with 2035 viewsRotherhamDale

We've played 4 4 2 for months now and it has never worked and yet he doesn't change it.

And then he resorts to playing Shaugnessy up front.

The bloke is clueless and the sooner he is gone the better. I think Rathbone chucking his head in was pure frustration and stupidity but I'll forgive him for that because he runs his bollocks off every week.

He'll probably be glad he doesn't have to run around his own half for the next 3 games.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:36 - Feb 27 with 1997 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:32 - Feb 27 by judd

Cellar vie

Caveat emptor
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:48 - Feb 27 with 1851 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:12 - Feb 27 by funkkk

It’s not lazy. He’s ultimately responsible for his team’s performances and results. That’s what management is all about. You don’t always have to try and scratch around for an alternative angle.

Yep 100% all BBM's fault. Humphrys admitted he doesn't do his stretching routine as often as he should on one of his Vlogs. I expect BBM told him 'don't worry about your stretches Humps' Probably told Ollie to nut the Burton player earlier and Told McNulty to clout that Wigan player in the family jewels and get himself sent off. I am convinced he told Jimmy Ryan to get an injury that would see him sidelined most of the season and well it is definitely BBM's fault the Plymouth keeper took out Beesley and then shortly after returning he got a gash on his ankle that has seen him out for another length period. Oh of course not forgetting Matty Lund doing his ankle in last week.
We have been very unlucky with injuries and I would include the Mclaughlin and McShane in that, they would have been expected to play more games than they have done even with their past issues.
Also performances have not been good enough. I don't care if you're a striker and get put in goal a left back playing CAM and a keeper who gets put up front, you are a profession sportsmen for crying out loud put some effort in.
I think to lay the blame at BBM's feet 100% is lazy and also absolves the players of any blame

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:51 - Feb 27 with 1827 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:48 - Feb 27 by James1980

Yep 100% all BBM's fault. Humphrys admitted he doesn't do his stretching routine as often as he should on one of his Vlogs. I expect BBM told him 'don't worry about your stretches Humps' Probably told Ollie to nut the Burton player earlier and Told McNulty to clout that Wigan player in the family jewels and get himself sent off. I am convinced he told Jimmy Ryan to get an injury that would see him sidelined most of the season and well it is definitely BBM's fault the Plymouth keeper took out Beesley and then shortly after returning he got a gash on his ankle that has seen him out for another length period. Oh of course not forgetting Matty Lund doing his ankle in last week.
We have been very unlucky with injuries and I would include the Mclaughlin and McShane in that, they would have been expected to play more games than they have done even with their past issues.
Also performances have not been good enough. I don't care if you're a striker and get put in goal a left back playing CAM and a keeper who gets put up front, you are a profession sportsmen for crying out loud put some effort in.
I think to lay the blame at BBM's feet 100% is lazy and also absolves the players of any blame

Wow.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:52 - Feb 27 with 1813 viewsfunkkk

Are you ok, Jimbo? Have a drink it’s Saturday night.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:56 - Feb 27 with 1763 views442Dale

Don’t think anyone blames BBM exclusively, many factors contribute as you rightly say. There can be little doubt that most supporters were willing BBM to succeed and turn it round, there are so many examples throughout the season of how fans have put aside the poor results to try and find reasons to support the hard work he’s undoubtedly putting in. The podcasts are a good example of this, very fair and analytical of what is happening. Despite all of that, despite that hope he can sort out the results and deal with what’s wrong, it isn’t happening and there’s little sign that it will be as we continually witness Groundhog Day with tactics, selections and performances.

Of course there will be minority who will blame a manager for everything from Brexit to Neighbours moving to Channel 5, but this isn’t happening at Dale. It’s a very loyal and supportive fanbase who are rightly questioning the direction of the club and admitting they cannot see how things will improve on the pitch continuing as we are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:59 - Feb 27 with 1729 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:51 - Feb 27 by RotherhamDale

Wow.

There are some good points about injuries. BBM has been very unlucky. But that happens everywhere and we have fallen well short when it comes to dealing with those injuries.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:11 - Feb 27 with 1622 viewstodmordendale

It is embarrassing to watch. I have recently moved to Ireland where Brian’s dad was a massive hero in Irish football. The assessment here is that how can a hero’s son can be so inept.
The tactics of fart arsing around at the back have been our downfall for so long. We are not capable of tippy tappy tripe. Yet despite it being obvious to everyone, BBM has persisted with this for 3 seasons of fighting relegation.
It’s not rocket surgery.
At this level he is clearly out of his depth to think that continuing with the same loosing method in his third season may suddenly change and be successful. It is worrying.
Jimmy Floyd Hassleback has clearly transformed Burton in just a few short weeks.
Persisting with the same old, same old is a big mistake.
It’s not working Barry. Wake up Board. Set him free from his purgatory.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:12 - Feb 27 with 1609 viewsdamaka

Couldn't manage a hard on
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:14 - Feb 27 with 1583 viewsDiddyDave

But this crap`s been coming for the last three or four seasons, has it not? Dunphy`s ridiculous decision to give KH a five year contract, plus a cut to him with transfers and ultimate pay out put the club in a worse financial state than ever. They took the cheap option (had no choice really) in appointing BBM and through more good luck than good management has kept us up, last year`s early cessation after 34 matches certainly helped with us desperately trying to stay out of the bottom three. BBM is still the cheap option and that`s why he`s still around. Hendo knew what was going on, that`s why he engineered his departure, so now the chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:24 - Feb 27 with 1491 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:14 - Feb 27 by DiddyDave

But this crap`s been coming for the last three or four seasons, has it not? Dunphy`s ridiculous decision to give KH a five year contract, plus a cut to him with transfers and ultimate pay out put the club in a worse financial state than ever. They took the cheap option (had no choice really) in appointing BBM and through more good luck than good management has kept us up, last year`s early cessation after 34 matches certainly helped with us desperately trying to stay out of the bottom three. BBM is still the cheap option and that`s why he`s still around. Hendo knew what was going on, that`s why he engineered his departure, so now the chickens are well and truly coming home to roost.

Good management kept us up in 18/19. As manager, BBM put together a solid side that got results. 11 games, 6 wins and 20 points. So once more, let’s not rewrite history to suit an argument. There were very few fans who didn’t have the utmost of praise for the job he did and there was a lot of support for him as manager.

Wouldn’t give Henderson any sort of special credit for knowing what was going on. Quite rightly, he did the right thing for his own career. It was nothing more than that.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:24 - Feb 27 with 1487 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:12 - Feb 27 by damaka

Couldn't manage a hard on

In all fairness, the recent arrival of Brian’s baby daughter does tend to refute this particular claim.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 19:27 - Feb 27 with 1461 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 by mightydale

How the fcuk did you get barred from reform

Complained about the juke box being full tilt when there were about 4 people in & called the place a soon to be youth club...

Will never set foot in the place again..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024