Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion 14:10 - Feb 26 with 44008 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54347/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 1929 viewsfunkkk

Having nightmares about this management team continuing into next season in League 2 and the lack of fans who will be prepared to pay to watch them.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 1929 viewsDelboy

We will be cast adrift at the bottom by the end of March. The fixtures we face now will see us hammered out of sight by teams who will simply roll over us. Whether the manager goes or stays will make no difference now we have missed the opportunity to acquire points in February and now its downhill all the way. To lose our place in League 1 in such a pathetic spineless way is what hurts most. Shame on all those who have sat back and let this happen.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1915 viewsSandyman

What does our "hugely talented" manager offer? One win in all 20 home games.
League home form: Played 16 Won 1 Drawn 7 Lost 8
10 points out of a possible 48 in League home games. Only 21% of home points available won. Other managers have been dismissed by Dale mid-season with far better home records. One home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. No home win at all since 3rd October 2020.
The same old same old drab rubbish on our own meadow, week in, week out. It doesn't change, BBM is incapable of changing. BBM is the one that needs changing.
Rather than watch any highlights on TV tonight, a polite letter to the club needs to be composed. This situation can't go on. The loss of league / FA money via relegation and loss of support on the terraces is hugely damaging and not a price worth paying to save an awful manager.

UP THE DALE
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1913 viewsmacro

For the board members reading this thread. Bbm out now. That was inept.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1907 viewsdingdangblue

That performance was so bad even Sarah Jane Crawford has said BBM has to go.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1907 viewsdale5758

shame great coach nice bloke but should have gone weeks ago

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 1880 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

That performance was so bad even Sarah Jane Crawford has said BBM has to go.

She'll be out for blood on Twitter tonight!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 1877 viewsfunkkk

Hard to think we haven’t missed our best chance of survival gaining 2 points from the last three winnable games.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 1862 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 16:58 - Feb 27 by dholdh

We can't even get a bloody headbutt on target.

At least that made me smile!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 1873 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:12 - Feb 27 by onedalefan

For anyone who wants it
Supporters wishing to claim a refund should email tickets@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Join the queue.

Seriously what do I do if we carry on like this. Football and dale is my saturday, its where I meet my mates, where we shout, smile and debate, but I cant buy a sc for this excuse for football
It is horrible to watch, spineless, negative defensive dross.
Please please change it. You are spoiling a part of my life.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 1861 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:03 - Feb 27 by CanadaDale

This is one of the most pathetic and inept performances I’ve ever seen from Dale in 20 years!
So much lack of effort and desire to stop them from just doing what they want.
Absolutely disgraceful from Rathbone in getting sent off completely unnecessarily and being banned for the next three games.
Completely toothless in attack!
Manager brings a defender on when we go 1-0 down against bottom of the league at home and only brings a second striker on in the 90th when we are then 2-0 down.
This team will go down bottom of the league with an absolute whimper.
I’ve lost any confidence that this team / management team can stay up.
I can honestly see this Dale team losing every single game until the end of the season.
Total embarrassment!
I’ve had enough and that performance was Very Colman level play.
As the old song goes “we’re going down like a Russian submarine”

Nothing is going to change.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 1855 viewsDaleFan7

It's too late to save this season now our only chance at points in March is against Shrewsbury.

The worrying thing is is that we wouldn't be in the top 15 in League Two playing like this.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:19 - Feb 27 with 1811 viewsdavidab2202

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:00 - Feb 27 by Toffeemanc

The problem with sacking BBM is not who will replace him, but the clubs/boards philosophy on how they want to club to play. The simple facts if they sacked BBM are they would employ someone who will have the team play the same pointless possession based shite you are already watching, with the same players. The board are only worried about continueing to develop young players for sale and hoping they do enough to keep us in league one, which they won't.
Changing the manager Niw will not result in any tangible change and results would likely be no different as on the whole the current players simply aren't good enough to play this way regularly and win games.
Unless the board change philosophy on how they want to run the club and the style of play they want to see so that it develops younger plays for sale further up the pyramid so they can make money from player sales, then sadly nothing will change.
Preparing for next season in League 2 will simply allow the board to cut the playing budget even further due to the lost revenue from relegation. It's a slippery slope than will only end one way if there isn't a shift on emphasis to making the product on the pitch and results the priority.

As BBM is already on board with working with little/no funds there is no chance the board will sack him as there is very little chance of finding a replacement who would work under such conditions.

Absolutely spot on.
Probably our position could have been forecast at the start of the season ,no doubt there were financial reasons behind the decision to have a clear out of some of last seasons players ,but realistically with the exception of Humphrys all signings were gambles which sadly have not performed as we would have hoped.
Todays opposition whilst starting the day at the bottom of the League have attempted to change a very poor team in the first half of the season by changing a Manager and also signing I think a total of 11 players since January which when compared to our attempts to strengthen a poor threadbare squad is at the other end of a spectrum.
Think sadly we are stuck with what we have got for this season which I feel will end in a deserved relegation .As one of former Managers often said "The League Table does not lie"
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:19 - Feb 27 with 1805 viewsstandale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

At least that made me smile!

our 3 shots on target made me smile...... i haven’t really smiled today
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:20 - Feb 27 with 1786 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:10 - Feb 27 by James1980

Very short sighted to announce the forum before the result of todays game. People are braver behind a keyboard and if when it happens performances have not vastly improved or BBM is no longer first team manager or both, it is going to be extremely toxic.

Not at all. The club SHOULD be doing a forum and they can control the questions asked.

There is no need for it to be toxic, there is every need for those at the club to understand the frustration and upset amongst supporters who want the best for their football club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:20 - Feb 27 with 1769 views1949er

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:12 - Feb 27 by onedalefan

For anyone who wants it
Supporters wishing to claim a refund should email tickets@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Join the queue.

After 72 years i have finally had enough. Worst ever!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 1748 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 by Sandyman

What does our "hugely talented" manager offer? One win in all 20 home games.
League home form: Played 16 Won 1 Drawn 7 Lost 8
10 points out of a possible 48 in League home games. Only 21% of home points available won. Other managers have been dismissed by Dale mid-season with far better home records. One home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. No home win at all since 3rd October 2020.
The same old same old drab rubbish on our own meadow, week in, week out. It doesn't change, BBM is incapable of changing. BBM is the one that needs changing.
Rather than watch any highlights on TV tonight, a polite letter to the club needs to be composed. This situation can't go on. The loss of league / FA money via relegation and loss of support on the terraces is hugely damaging and not a price worth paying to save an awful manager.

UP THE DALE

Nothing will change until Bottomley goes
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:23 - Feb 27 with 1698 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:03 - Feb 27 by CanadaDale

This is one of the most pathetic and inept performances I’ve ever seen from Dale in 20 years!
So much lack of effort and desire to stop them from just doing what they want.
Absolutely disgraceful from Rathbone in getting sent off completely unnecessarily and being banned for the next three games.
Completely toothless in attack!
Manager brings a defender on when we go 1-0 down against bottom of the league at home and only brings a second striker on in the 90th when we are then 2-0 down.
This team will go down bottom of the league with an absolute whimper.
I’ve lost any confidence that this team / management team can stay up.
I can honestly see this Dale team losing every single game until the end of the season.
Total embarrassment!
I’ve had enough and that performance was Very Colman level play.
As the old song goes “we’re going down like a Russian submarine”

Why insult Coleman? Nothing he produced was as inept as that, nowhere near

Accy are challenging for the playoffs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:24 - Feb 27 with 1662 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:16 - Feb 27 by Barrowdale

Seriously what do I do if we carry on like this. Football and dale is my saturday, its where I meet my mates, where we shout, smile and debate, but I cant buy a sc for this excuse for football
It is horrible to watch, spineless, negative defensive dross.
Please please change it. You are spoiling a part of my life.

Stay in reform, it be like studds bar years ago next season,

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:24 - Feb 27 with 1660 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:20 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

Not at all. The club SHOULD be doing a forum and they can control the questions asked.

There is no need for it to be toxic, there is every need for those at the club to understand the frustration and upset amongst supporters who want the best for their football club.

Why not. Ffs we are the paying customers who pay the wages of these clowns.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:24 - Feb 27 with 1663 viewsBrierls

No plan.
No fight (a shit attempted headbutt doesn’t count).
No discipline (a shit attempted headbutt does count).
No hope.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:25 - Feb 27 with 1657 viewsCedar_Room

felt when watching Rathbone getting sent off that this was the moment out relegation was confirmed. That sending off = no way back in the game, losing against a team from the bottom at this stage with other results and games in hand as we are puts us in an impossible position. Add to that Rathbone now missing 3 games when for me he does possess some kind of attacking threat - it’s done. As far as I’m concerned we are just counting down the matches until that R sits next to our name in the table. Pathetic no redeeming qualities unmitigated garbage.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:27 - Feb 27 with 1592 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:25 - Feb 27 by Cedar_Room

felt when watching Rathbone getting sent off that this was the moment out relegation was confirmed. That sending off = no way back in the game, losing against a team from the bottom at this stage with other results and games in hand as we are puts us in an impossible position. Add to that Rathbone now missing 3 games when for me he does possess some kind of attacking threat - it’s done. As far as I’m concerned we are just counting down the matches until that R sits next to our name in the table. Pathetic no redeeming qualities unmitigated garbage.

And the most annoying thing is the board will bleat on about us having the lowest budget in years and how it was always going to be a miracle for us to survive.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:31 - Feb 27 with 1522 viewsTomRAFC

Our form is awful, our performances are awful, and our upcoming fixtures are against some of the best in the league.

The obvious outcome of the ever increasing scrutiny of the manager and the CEO needs to happen as soon as possible. Neither of them have the skills to run the club now. Should we go down, I wouldn't want either of them having a say in the rebuilding process.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:32 - Feb 27 with 1487 viewsJimmyRustler

Talented young manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024