Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion 14:10 - Feb 26 with 43976 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54347/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:33 - Feb 27 with 2081 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:14 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

That performance was so bad even Sarah Jane Crawford has said BBM has to go.

She'll no doubt be spouting absolute bollox again, funny character
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:33 - Feb 27 with 2073 viewsdeeplishblue

I made up my mind about BBM in August 2019. Can't believe that he is still in the job 18 months later.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:37 - Feb 27 with 2010 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:20 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

Not at all. The club SHOULD be doing a forum and they can control the questions asked.

There is no need for it to be toxic, there is every need for those at the club to understand the frustration and upset amongst supporters who want the best for their football club.

I agree they should be doing a forum. I can just see the YouTube live chat descending into chaos.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:38 - Feb 27 with 1971 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:37 - Feb 27 by James1980

I agree they should be doing a forum. I can just see the YouTube live chat descending into chaos.

Not a clue how that works. Will people just post anything they like? If so it won’t be productive and will just get ignored.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:40 - Feb 27 with 1952 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:33 - Feb 27 by deeplishblue

I made up my mind about BBM in August 2019. Can't believe that he is still in the job 18 months later.

It's painfully obvious to me. BBM is a lovely chap, but an awful tactician. He has a team trying to play like he used to...tippy tappy short passes mainly backwards. It's no use when teams press you, and no use when you don't have the ability to change it.

There is no desire whatsoever in the team...just plenty of frustration.

The buck stops with those higher up than BBM who is so far out of his depth it's not true.

I blame the Board entirely for this whole mess...Bottomley especially, as he has been virtually running the show; almost as badly as his track record in business. Shambolic.

Bottomley OUT
BBM out.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 1894 viewsmilnrowblue

All but relegated, which is totally deserved.

My attention realistically moves to the summer, and how little a playing squad we’re going to have.

O’Connell, McShane, McGlaughlin, Done, Lund, Dooley, McNulty, Ryan, Keohane, Lynch all out of contract.

Bazunu, Roberts, Osho & Vale back to parent clubs.

Rathbone and potentially Morely seeking moves probably leaves us with 6 senior players.

We’ll need around 15 players in the summer window, which I just can’t see happening. A real shame.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 1893 viewsCedar_Room

edit - didn’t reply to the right post
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 17:44]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 1885 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:24 - Feb 27 by mightydale

Stay in reform, it be like studds bar years ago next season,

I’m still barred....

#BBEXIT

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:43 - Feb 27 with 1869 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 16:58 - Feb 27 by funkkk

We’ve had at least three shots on target blocked on the half way line.

Good one lol.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:45 - Feb 27 with 1841 viewsCedar_Room

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:27 - Feb 27 by funkkk

And the most annoying thing is the board will bleat on about us having the lowest budget in years and how it was always going to be a miracle for us to survive.

The thing is this is probably true isn’t it? And it’s the one thing I have kept in mind. I don’t doubt that we do have the lowest budget in the league and therefore we should probably be expecting to get relegated shouldn’t we? As it’s usually money that determines where you finish. So I do actually have some sympathy with this line. But I’m also pretty sure it’s been the case in other seasons when we’ve also had either the lowest or one of the bottom 4 lowest and yet we haven’t played as badly as this and we haven’t signed such dross as this. So I don’t know. It also might have been worth talking about this at the start of the season so that fans would have been primed with what to expect. The other point has to be that the smallest budget in L1 probably also equates to a budget in the bottom half of L2(?) so presumably no reason to be optimistic about next year either.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:45 - Feb 27 with 1832 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 16:00 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

Baah's main contribution has been one or two decent defensive blocks. Not knocking him, that's good work, but he's miles off being worth a punt of anyone's money on this display

Probably losing confidence alongside the general lethargy within the team and the tactics

[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 16:00]

He’s actually surprisingly ok defensively, but offensively he’s really struggling lately. He hasn’t been the same player at all since the City speculation, and you’re right in that there’s no way any Premier League team would look at him based on this past month and think he’s worthy of a deal.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 1783 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:43 - Feb 27 by Shun

Good one lol.

So, Shun. Please post a link to anywhere that backs up your claim that we had 3 shots on target.

All the ones I can find say ZERO.

Otherwise. shun up.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 1731 viewsBucketBstard

BBM needs to resign if he has any honour.
He is as poor as he was a player for us. Never saw a decent commanding game off him .
A new manager can at least assess this pile and decide who to keep and who to let go ( please dear God no more McNumpty) for some sort of a fight in League 2 .
Leyton O just sacked their manager after a run of 7 games without a win in mid table and only 4 wins in 15 matches cited as the reason. He is a bright young manager , and has much better stats than the idiot who doesnt watch the same games as us.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 1726 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 by Cedar_Room

edit - didn’t reply to the right post
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 17:44]

I want to believe that too. But I am sure there are 2 or 3 clubs with lower budgets than Dale. Accy is one. Crewe too and I wouldn't be surprised if Wigan had a lower budget - remember their experienced players all left and the club remains in administration. They can't sign players that take them beyond their income. We have senior pro's on relatively high wages that have not repaid that in performances this year. We can afford senior pros that have played less than 900 minutes each.

All so sad. Not only do I not believe we have the lowest budget, we clearly had some cash to strengthen the back office. Spending money on new deck chairs as the ship goes down is criminal
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:53 - Feb 27 with 1711 viewsNorthernDale

We could be bottom on Tuesday, under this exciting and talented manager.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:56 - Feb 27 with 1665 viewsHopwoodblue

The main objective for me would be to remove BBM from the club so he cannot dictate our tactics in any more games. Right now it’s safe to say we are going to lose the next few games with him in charge, giving the reigns to Ellis and a couple of seniors players for the rest of the season is not going to make the situation any worse when it comes to performances and might indeed get us a couple of unexpected results if we change the way we play. It doesn’t need to cost us money in appointing another manager just pay him until June and get rid. Like I said removing him from the dressing room is the most important thing,it just might give everyone a lift.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:57 - Feb 27 with 1641 viewsAlexF

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 by milnrowblue

My attention realistically moves to the summer, and how little a playing squad we’re going to have.

O’Connell, McShane, McGlaughlin, Done, Lund, Dooley, McNulty, Ryan, Keohane, Lynch all out of contract.

Rathbone and potentially Morely seeking moves probably leaves us with 6 senior players.

We’ll need around 15 players in the summer window, which I just can’t see happening. A real shame.

good post. Cant see many out of contract being re-signed given 'the club's' negotiation attempts over the last 12 months.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:57 - Feb 27 with 1615 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:56 - Feb 27 by Hopwoodblue

The main objective for me would be to remove BBM from the club so he cannot dictate our tactics in any more games. Right now it’s safe to say we are going to lose the next few games with him in charge, giving the reigns to Ellis and a couple of seniors players for the rest of the season is not going to make the situation any worse when it comes to performances and might indeed get us a couple of unexpected results if we change the way we play. It doesn’t need to cost us money in appointing another manager just pay him until June and get rid. Like I said removing him from the dressing room is the most important thing,it just might give everyone a lift.

BBM is not the only problem. The club is going to go into a downward spiral if the Boardroom don't get their sh*t sorted sharpish.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:59 - Feb 27 with 1594 viewsoddjob007

Well BBM has lost another supporter today. Defended him up to now, but my head has now turned.

Hull have spanked a few teams this season and I fear for Tuesday. Should that be the case he has to go.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:00 - Feb 27 with 1567 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:45 - Feb 27 by Cedar_Room

The thing is this is probably true isn’t it? And it’s the one thing I have kept in mind. I don’t doubt that we do have the lowest budget in the league and therefore we should probably be expecting to get relegated shouldn’t we? As it’s usually money that determines where you finish. So I do actually have some sympathy with this line. But I’m also pretty sure it’s been the case in other seasons when we’ve also had either the lowest or one of the bottom 4 lowest and yet we haven’t played as badly as this and we haven’t signed such dross as this. So I don’t know. It also might have been worth talking about this at the start of the season so that fans would have been primed with what to expect. The other point has to be that the smallest budget in L1 probably also equates to a budget in the bottom half of L2(?) so presumably no reason to be optimistic about next year either.

I’m not doubting the managers budget has been slashed. My point is it’s way down the list of reasons we are struggling.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:02 - Feb 27 with 1513 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 17:42 - Feb 27 by milnrowblue

...and you could have a whole stand to yourself. Mr Bottomley might bring you afternoon tea at half-time but no portion of humble pie
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:06 - Feb 27 with 1452 viewsJames1980

So why don't the players seem to care when they cross the white line on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening? Don't be lazy and lay all the bblame (sic) at BBM's feet. Have the board said behind closed doors 'don't worry about relegation we have measures in place to lessen the financial blow it will cause' Have the players been convinced they are better than they really are?
I will use an analogy. Is the bulk of our squad like the ugly kid who gets told by female members of his household 'what a good looking young chap he his' but when no girls at school are writing his name in the back of their maths book and he never gets a slow dance at the school disco, realises his female relatives are talking tosh. Our management team are those female family members, telling players how wonderful they are, come join Rochdale, showcase your talents, we think you are able to play total football along with the rest of our squad. The penny has dropped they are not as good as they have been told they are and our players are watching dejectedly as the 'better looking' players are slow dancing at the end of the night.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 18:08]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:08 - Feb 27 with 1436 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:00 - Feb 27 by funkkk

I’m not doubting the managers budget has been slashed. My point is it’s way down the list of reasons we are struggling.

That’s totally correct. A squad containing the players we have is not one that is cobbled together using a small budget as every department has enough quality to see us ten points better off than we are. Again, it’s insulting to the intelligence of supporters to keep mentioning how other clubs are better off and how much our competitors can spend in comparison. It’s always been like that, stop pretending all of a sudden we are fighting adversity on the financial scale.

They think they’re being clever by producing statements that they think supporters will digest and agree with, thus deflecting attention from reality. A reality where we could and should be doing better than we are. Much, much better.

That is the opposite of clever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:10 - Feb 27 with 1400 viewsBigKindo

I did ask on a similar thread a couple of weeks ago for the Trust to hold a straw poll how many members would renew their season tickets and present to the Dale Board. Has anything happened? I didnt get a response.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 1388 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 18:06 - Feb 27 by James1980

So why don't the players seem to care when they cross the white line on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening? Don't be lazy and lay all the bblame (sic) at BBM's feet. Have the board said behind closed doors 'don't worry about relegation we have measures in place to lessen the financial blow it will cause' Have the players been convinced they are better than they really are?
I will use an analogy. Is the bulk of our squad like the ugly kid who gets told by female members of his household 'what a good looking young chap he his' but when no girls at school are writing his name in the back of their maths book and he never gets a slow dance at the school disco, realises his female relatives are talking tosh. Our management team are those female family members, telling players how wonderful they are, come join Rochdale, showcase your talents, we think you are able to play total football along with the rest of our squad. The penny has dropped they are not as good as they have been told they are and our players are watching dejectedly as the 'better looking' players are slow dancing at the end of the night.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 18:08]

He’s not called Fritzl, is he?

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024