Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion 14:10 - Feb 26 with 44016 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54347/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:31 - Feb 27 with 2199 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:27 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

It really isn’t. Not as far as Dale is concerned anyway. This messageboard was MUCH busier then with many more posters who actually took the time to construct valid opinions either way on what was going on. Some may have dispersed to places like twitter, but short tweets full of reactionary bluster* are not going to have much impact as that happens everywhere these days.

It’s not perfect, but this forum gives you (and the club) a much better understanding of how the fanbase feels in general I believe. There’s actually a consensus either side of the middle ground that things have to change, again irrespective of who the manager is. If the club were to listen to fans online, and they should be using it to garner feedback, it will be the considered opinions of the masses that they should be able to sense if they’ve anything about them. Wherever it’s posted

*not everyone as Fitzochris uses twitter well when analysing a situation in a tweet. He’s not shouting over to his mate in a pub. .

Are pubs open in Scotland?

* If he was, his mate's missus would probably interfere in a toxic sort of way...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:32 - Feb 27 with 2195 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:15 - Feb 27 by Shun

That’s the one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope. If we do have a new manager next season, regardless of what league we’re in, it at least gives them a chance to create their own squad and identity. With such a small core group of players contracted it’ll be as close an opportunity for tabula rasa as there ever is in football.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing when we consider all the things you mention, plus the fact that most of the current squad will have BBM’s philosophy, and the losing mentality, very much ingrained.

To which should be added, whoever we have in charge will have to be comfortable with the recruitment model we've taken on board, so it's hardly going to to be anyone of the "old school" variety, and suspect it'd have to be someone early in their management career, if not at the beginning

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:33 - Feb 27 with 2183 viewsSandyman

If "data analytics" is the new "big thing", here's some data.

In the nightmarishly bad 1973/4 Division 3 (as League One was in old money) campaign, our home league form ended up:

P23 W1 D12 L10. Relegated (the away form was much worse than BBM's to be fair)

With the current stats of Played 16 Won 1 Drawn 7 Lost 8 BBM is certainly going for worsening that woeful home record, especially as we had a home win in the FA cup and the League Cup that term. Unlike this. Given time, I'm sure the skills of TVOS will find equal or worse horrors should he wish to find them, but BBM's home record this time is right down there with the worst.

Unacceptable, and no incentive whatsoever to even consider a season card renewal if all we're going to get is "same old same old", as we seem to on our meadow.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:39 - Feb 27 with 2154 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:14 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

Put away your "not from these parts" complex - it's as boring as BBM's tactics

You were shot down for the rallying call because it diminishes debate. "Let's all pull together" is a way of saying "can we please stop being critical of what we're seeing" and just as w@nky

I didn't say let's not be critical though. I meant let's see the start of each game as a clean slate. As an opportunity for the team to turn it around. If a performance deserves to be criticised then go ahead.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 2147 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:39 - Feb 27 by James1980

I didn't say let's not be critical though. I meant let's see the start of each game as a clean slate. As an opportunity for the team to turn it around. If a performance deserves to be criticised then go ahead.

That’s why we are up to 13 pages!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:45 - Feb 27 with 2108 viewsD_Alien

Believe me, i turn up to the COA/tune into iFollow absolutely with the expectation of seeing something that'll be like a new beginning.* It's a terrible fault and just makes the disappointment all the worse, but i'll tell you something else - i hope i don't ever stop doing that

So to me, and perhaps others like me, a "rallying call" just really grates

That's it - dead simple, and i really hope you'll finally take it on board

*Just once in a while (and less frequently at Dale than most other clubs), the new beginning actually happens - such as the 68/69 season i referred to earlier; such as those first few games under Hilly in early 2007

Makes it all worthwhile

[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 22:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:52 - Feb 27 with 2053 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:16 - Feb 27 by 442Dale

As posted above, this has been a good debate partly because of some of the points you’ve raised. All valid and have led to further constructive thoughts on the subject. If anyone ever uses the “ive been coming X years” in response to you, it only ensures their argument carries less weight as your views as a loyal fan are as important as mine or those guys over in Ireland who might only have been following Dale for a few years. It’s accepting we all care about the club and some have different opinions and right now there is a genuine concern that the direction we’re heading is not a good one and something needs to change. To support is not to blindly agree with the club or even each other, it’s to agree that the club needs to be better tomorrow than it is today.

OK let's move on. How do we become better tomorrow?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:53 - Feb 27 with 2040 viewsTVOS1907

I think most people do start games with a clean slate, James. Which evidence are you using to suggest otherwise?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:54 - Feb 27 with 2037 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:52 - Feb 27 by James1980

Change today.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:02 - Feb 27 with 1990 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:31 - Feb 27 by TVOS1907

Are pubs open in Scotland?

* If he was, his mate's missus would probably interfere in a toxic sort of way...

As a side point, travelling up to Edinburgh last weekend for a couple of nights (working) I noticed a few pubs open once you get off the motorway heading across country, maybe just for takeaway type food not sure, but their doors were definitely open and lights on.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:06 - Feb 27 with 1980 viewssweetcorn

I'm not normally an advocate for changing manager as I believe we're a difficult club to manage and I think anyone would struggle with this squad, however I think I've reached point where we need to sack BBM.

Showing very few signs of improvement and the football on display is horrendous. I turned it off at half time today, id seen enough.

We sacked our greatest ever manager for less. We're on a serious downward trajectory and I think something needs to change.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:30 - Feb 27 with 1874 viewsFrog

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 22:52 - Feb 27 by James1980

Get a new manager, anybody will do. I could do better.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:37 - Feb 27 with 1838 viewsEllDale

I agree that we’re in a dangerous downward spiral.
And, shoot me down if necessary, I’m beginning to wonder about this business plan of selling young prospects.
It certainly worked to an extent with Craig Dawson and Scott Hogan although I’m led to believe that the initial down payments for them was not significant. And there appears to be some debate as to how much Wolves stumped up for Luke Matheson’s signature.
Apart from those three who else has moved on for a fee?
Midfielders like Jamie Allen, Andy Cannon and Daniel Adshead where we only received modest fees. I know that we were apparently skint at the time but an alleged £150k for Cannon was a joke.
Defenders like Joe Rafferty and Harrison McGahey.
The ones that we should have got good money left for nowt, the like of Hendo, NML and Callum Camps.
But even the latter only went to a side in the same division.
It’s no good trying to survive by nurturing neat, technical adept midfielders.
Hogan apart, when was the last time that a striker came through the Academy or via non-league?
It’s the Peterborough model that we should be trying to emulate because that’s where the brass is, for goal scorers.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:52 - Feb 27 with 1790 viewsInterDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 23:30 - Feb 27 by Frog

Get a new manager, anybody will do. I could do better.

I agree. It needs a manager to come in and show some authority. You can accept defeats as long as the lads and manager are trying. BBM a good coach but will never make the step up to become a manager. Imagine playing for him during times of adversity like we are in - hands in pockets, no plan B, players playing out of position, players straight down tunnel after being subbed = players get frustrated and become disinterested e.g Ollie today and Humps for a number of weeks. If the board remain with BBM and the new director role it will be interesting to see the season ticket take up at the end of the season and attraction of fans next season. The fans forum planned will be a joke as questions posed will already have been vetted and the club do not like criticism as shown at previous forums.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 00:21 - Feb 28 with 1730 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 21:42 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

I'm sorry but how was BBM keeping us up in 18/19 lucky?
When he took over the change was almost immediate.
His results in the run in and performances were very solid.
2-1 home win v Shrews.
0-0 home draw v Oxford.
3-1 home win v Scunthorpe.
1-1 away draw v Gills.
1-0 away win v Accrington.
1-0 home win v Wycombe.
1-0 away win v Bristol Rovers.
1-0 home win v Southend.

I didn’t say it was lucky. I said it was more luck than judgement, which is a turn of phrase. The removal of KH was quite clearly the catalyst for these results; BBM may well have created a pressure free environment with his laid back approach. But put simply, he came in and played players in their correct positions, which is why I took exception to the turn of phrase “good management”. It was simply a common approach, something that his predecessor had completely abandoned
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 00:23 - Feb 28 with 1727 viewsJimmyRustler

Funnily enough, BBM has now clearly lost the plot in the same vein that KH did towards the end of his tenure. He claims that we didn’t find the same intensity that we had Tuesday night. Is he for fuking real? We were gash!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 07:40 - Feb 28 with 1527 viewsinthenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 00:23 - Feb 28 by JimmyRustler

Funnily enough, BBM has now clearly lost the plot in the same vein that KH did towards the end of his tenure. He claims that we didn’t find the same intensity that we had Tuesday night. Is he for fuking real? We were gash!

If this regime allow anymore of this garbage, they are all deluded....make the change now or you can kiss your loyal fans goodbye ,and will not come back
What a utter shambles we are !

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 08:15 - Feb 28 with 1449 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 00:21 - Feb 28 by JimmyRustler

I didn’t say it was lucky. I said it was more luck than judgement, which is a turn of phrase. The removal of KH was quite clearly the catalyst for these results; BBM may well have created a pressure free environment with his laid back approach. But put simply, he came in and played players in their correct positions, which is why I took exception to the turn of phrase “good management”. It was simply a common approach, something that his predecessor had completely abandoned

Hills tombola squad positions were a big factor in his demise. Yes BBM hit a vein of form at the right time but what’s missed here is what he had to select from...

Look back at the team, some great players then including Lonergan in goal (no disrespect to our 19 year who is a kid on loan)..

Alby hit a vein of form and since that great end to the season, the players have pretty much ebbed & flowed away.

The team at the moment has players who are not good enough & that must land on the managers desk to answer for..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:01 - Feb 28 with 1356 viewsNorthernDale

It will be interesting to see how many fans pay to watch Dale away at Hull and Sunderland, I will not being paying for those two games .
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 1284 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:01 - Feb 28 by NorthernDale

It will be interesting to see how many fans pay to watch Dale away at Hull and Sunderland, I will not being paying for those two games .

Thanks for letting us know
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:33 - Feb 28 with 1259 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 08:15 - Feb 28 by blackdogblue

Hills tombola squad positions were a big factor in his demise. Yes BBM hit a vein of form at the right time but what’s missed here is what he had to select from...

Look back at the team, some great players then including Lonergan in goal (no disrespect to our 19 year who is a kid on loan)..

Alby hit a vein of form and since that great end to the season, the players have pretty much ebbed & flowed away.

The team at the moment has players who are not good enough & that must land on the managers desk to answer for..

In my opinion no one can fairly judge this season based on football played under the Covid restrictions.Under normal circumstances games played with crowds we would have at least 10 more home points (look at the fall of Liverpool this season to prove my point).I think the season should be declared “null and void “.If you want a league table for this season perhaps it should be done on basis of balance sheet debt I bet we would be in play off position ! following this theme it gets in my throat that Bolton may replace us next season.Do not judge Manager and players on training ground sessions because that is what people are unfairly doing.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:41 - Feb 28 with 1224 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:33 - Feb 28 by diver

In my opinion no one can fairly judge this season based on football played under the Covid restrictions.Under normal circumstances games played with crowds we would have at least 10 more home points (look at the fall of Liverpool this season to prove my point).I think the season should be declared “null and void “.If you want a league table for this season perhaps it should be done on basis of balance sheet debt I bet we would be in play off position ! following this theme it gets in my throat that Bolton may replace us next season.Do not judge Manager and players on training ground sessions because that is what people are unfairly doing.

So are we judging other teams who are getting positive results unfairly too and they should all have another ten points as well?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:43 - Feb 28 with 1211 viewsMass_Debater

Are we the only ones playing behind closed doors?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:54 - Feb 28 with 1157 viewsnordenblue

Eh....so how do other teams manage to pick up so may points still, is "covid" the go to answer when all else fails?

With or without covid we're stuck with a manager who's clearly lost control of his senses, whilst at the same time trying to shoehorn decent players into incorrect
unsuitable positions on a pitch to the overall detriment of the team.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion on 09:55 - Feb 28 with 1148 viewsrichfoad32

Using this theory, would we have picked up so many points away from home?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024