Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. 08:46 - Oct 26 with 8069 viewsJAPRANGERS

Big story in the mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3287452/Two-gay-Premier-League-football-

I mean if JET or Charlie were gay would we give a sht?? Just score the goals, that's all that matters.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:16 - Oct 26 with 2396 viewsPommyhoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:08 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

You might not think you're singing it with real malice. But I bet you a gay bloke doesn't hear that and think, "It's all right, they're just having a laugh." You can't say something homophobic and then say it wasn't homophobic because you didn't mean it. If you don't mean it, don't bloody say it. Simple, really. It's different from the Liverpool/Northern songs, too — no one gets put in A&E for being from Liverpool; no one gets abused for kissing their partner in public because they're from Liverpool etc etc
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 15:10]

Fair enuff mate .Point taken.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 16:22 - Oct 26 with 2324 viewsPommyhoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:08 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

You might not think you're singing it with real malice. But I bet you a gay bloke doesn't hear that and think, "It's all right, they're just having a laugh." You can't say something homophobic and then say it wasn't homophobic because you didn't mean it. If you don't mean it, don't bloody say it. Simple, really. It's different from the Liverpool/Northern songs, too — no one gets put in A&E for being from Liverpool; no one gets abused for kissing their partner in public because they're from Liverpool etc etc
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 15:10]

I was just looking back through the thread NW5 and how exactly is the words 'Does your boyfriend know you're here'' offensive to gays?
Serious question.
Surely it would only be offensive to the straight Brighton supporters.
And only offensive to them if They themselves were homophobes
Ok , not entirely serious but you get where I'm coming from eh?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:10 - Oct 26 with 2278 viewsWallyRanger

Imo, we may as well get this all over and done with, if any dckheads start any homophobic chants we can weed them out of our game and it'll hopefully blow over, the media can all wnk themselves to death over someones personal life until we all come to the conclusion it's totally normal to be gay, straight, bi, pan, trans or any over sexuality or gender and move on with our lives, you'll still get ignorant and bigoted people but they'll quickly become the minorities eventually
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:38 - Oct 26 with 2241 viewseasthertsr

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:10 - Oct 26 by WallyRanger

Imo, we may as well get this all over and done with, if any dckheads start any homophobic chants we can weed them out of our game and it'll hopefully blow over, the media can all wnk themselves to death over someones personal life until we all come to the conclusion it's totally normal to be gay, straight, bi, pan, trans or any over sexuality or gender and move on with our lives, you'll still get ignorant and bigoted people but they'll quickly become the minorities eventually

This
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:41 - Oct 26 with 2236 viewspaesanu

Here's the problem about why it's a big deal.

Luke Shaw ✔ @LukeShaw23
@UnitedStandMUFC it's not me ✌🏼 so everyone can shut up now 😀
3:32 PM - 24 Oct 2015

Someone accuses Luke Shaw of being one the unnamed players, just look at his reaction on Twitter. Exact same reaction as being accused of snorting coke / cheating on his missus / sleeping with a schoolgirl.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:49 - Oct 26 with 2225 viewsWallyRanger

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:41 - Oct 26 by paesanu

Luke Shaw ✔ @LukeShaw23

Someone accuses Luke Shaw of being one the unnamed players, just look at his reaction on Twitter. Exact same reaction as being accused of snorting coke / cheating on his missus / sleeping with a schoolgirl.

Possibly because the word gay has become synonymous with bad and that being straight is the default norm is why he's pulled a "no homo"
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 19:33 - Oct 26 with 2180 viewsNW5Hoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 16:22 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

I was just looking back through the thread NW5 and how exactly is the words 'Does your boyfriend know you're here'' offensive to gays?
Serious question.
Surely it would only be offensive to the straight Brighton supporters.
And only offensive to them if They themselves were homophobes
Ok , not entirely serious but you get where I'm coming from eh?

It's because it's treating being gay as something to be ashamed of: it's using it as a way to taunt people. That's why it's homophobic. Do you really not see that?
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 19:38 - Oct 26 with 2176 viewsrichpr

Ramsey loves Henry
Login to get fewer ads

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 19:43 - Oct 26 with 2169 viewsHollowayRanger

its not me either

but then again I gave up playing football 20 years ago

and no im not anti gay I love lesbo's

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 19:51 - Oct 26 with 2152 viewsWallyRanger

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 19:43 - Oct 26 by HollowayRanger

its not me either

but then again I gave up playing football 20 years ago

and no im not anti gay I love lesbo's

That's great Holloway, but what you watch in your spare time isn't really something we want to know
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 2095 viewsCHUBBS

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 17:41 - Oct 26 by paesanu

Luke Shaw ✔ @LukeShaw23

Or maybe he's worried his girlfriend will think he's up to no good.
Or maybe he's worried his family and friends will think he's lied to them.
He has every right to vociferously deny this rumour without the likes of you accusing him of homophobia.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 22:13 - Oct 26 with 2029 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Luke Shaw ✔ @LukeShaw23

Its not me either but what was the problem with the schoolgirl bit...?
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 22:31 - Oct 26 with 1995 viewspaesanu

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 21:07 - Oct 26 by CHUBBS

Or maybe he's worried his girlfriend will think he's up to no good.
Or maybe he's worried his family and friends will think he's lied to them.
He has every right to vociferously deny this rumour without the likes of you accusing him of homophobia.

If players are going to vociferously deny every rumour that social media harp on about they wouldn't have time to lace up their boots. His response imho shows the stigma of even being linked the rumour circus.

Isn't the playing coming out at some stage. If so his fam and friends already know don't they.

I dunno, I suppose I'm being harsh, but if I were him my response would be a bit less passive aggressive and a bit more of a casual 'Not me but good luck to whoever it is '

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 23:39 - Oct 26 with 1939 viewsCHUBBS

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 22:31 - Oct 26 by paesanu

If players are going to vociferously deny every rumour that social media harp on about they wouldn't have time to lace up their boots. His response imho shows the stigma of even being linked the rumour circus.

Isn't the playing coming out at some stage. If so his fam and friends already know don't they.

I dunno, I suppose I'm being harsh, but if I were him my response would be a bit less passive aggressive and a bit more of a casual 'Not me but good luck to whoever it is '

This is not your run of the mill rumour.
It's questioning his sexuality which he has every right to defend.
If he was being aggressive,why on earth would he try making light of the matter by including a smiley at the end of it?
you wouldn't use a smiley if accused of being a Paedophile.
Also why should he be purposely casual just to appease other people's insecurities?
I Grew up living next door to a gay couple who were very nice blokes.
I used to drink with one of them.
He got a bit of piss taking but no more than the other blokes in the pub had to deal with and nothing nasty.
The bloke didn't care in the slightest and I got the impression he liked it as it stopped everyone including himself treading on egg shells.
Humour not nastiness.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 00:41 - Oct 27 with 1906 viewsCanadaRanger

A female footballer friend noted to me that there were quite a few openly gay female players on her (former) team. it wasn't an issue inside or outside of the dressingroom, nor should it be.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 00:53 - Oct 27 with 1851 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:14 - Oct 26 by loftboy

5 years ago it would have been a big problem, but there is so much openness these days I can't see it being major news, every where I've worked there's always been at least two or three gay people, every train journey you will see a pair of lesbians holding hands or kissing, it's up to them, nobody else's business, as I say to my old mum who's worried my youngest is going to "be queer" because he dresses up in his sisters clothes, there's nothing you can do about it, if he's gay he's gay, he will still be my son and I will still love him and you can't change him because he is whatever he is.

I don't care if a player is gay etc etc blah blah blah

But it is to my detriment that the 60 YO blue rinsed lady talking to her neighbour over her fence in me, is very curious as to who they are, and I call anyone who says they aren't a liar!
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 01:58 - Oct 27 with 1819 viewsisawqpratwcity

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 00:53 - Oct 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't care if a player is gay etc etc blah blah blah

But it is to my detriment that the 60 YO blue rinsed lady talking to her neighbour over her fence in me, is very curious as to who they are, and I call anyone who says they aren't a liar!

Yeh, but doesn't she get trumped by the 'Jesus Christ wet blanket messianic-wannabee' who says "Thou shalt pull ya head in, Dickwad, its none of your beeswax"? Works for me, unfortunately.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:46 - Oct 27 with 1707 viewsTacticalR

It's going to be a race between Premiership clubs to get in the first gay centrefold in the programme.

Air hostess clique

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 13:29 - Oct 27 with 1654 viewsbaz_qpr

Dont understand the need for the "coming out at the end of the season" all that does is allows for rumor and innuendo, just get it done, the worlds changed the whole of football will support them.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 14:45 - Oct 27 with 1621 viewsDeano19766

I always thought the gays were no good at football............or is it now such a non-physical game that they have become good at it...................

[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 14:52]
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 18:26 - Oct 27 with 1542 viewsjohncharles

Luke Shaw ✔ @LukeShaw23

Perhaps Luke Shaw has a sense of humour ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 20:46 - Oct 27 with 1460 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024